Windows 10: HP Printer send to shared folder issue

Discus and support HP Printer send to shared folder issue in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Dear Experts I have got HP LaserJet M5035 MFP Series printer that initially was able to scan documents to shared folder on 2xDesktops (PC1 and PC2)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by zillah, Nov 18, 2019.

1. zillah Win User

HP Printer send to shared folder issue

Dear Experts

I have got HP LaserJet M5035 MFP Series printer that initially was able to scan documents to shared folder on 2xDesktops (PC1 and PC2) windows 8

I upgraded PC1 (but not yet PC2) only from windows 8 to windows 10 pro 64 bit and I tried to copy the same setting as it was on windows 8

Created folder on windows 10 and shared it and edited permission tab and security tab as well

I can access that shared folder on PC1 from PC2 no issue.

On the web interface of the printer when I click on : "Test Folder Access" I get below error message

»imgur.com/a/YXZbO7s

Unable to reach ’\\VISIONDESKTOP\Kylie_Scans’. Please check the location and make corrections as needed

Tried ip address of PC still no luck

Thx

:)

zillah, Nov 18, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Can't share printer—getting error message

Step 1: Go to store.
    Step 2: Buy a less shitty printer.
    Step 3: Pick up some beer while you are there.
    Step 4: Enjoy both your new printer and your beer.

In all seriousness, I have had more issues with Lexmark printers and their shitty drivers then any other manufacturer, HP is a close second though.

However, if you don't want to get a new printer*Laugh :laugh:, and I can understand that, when my Lexmark was giving me the same troubles in Win7(and Vista) I had to make sure the Windows firewall was ON and the firewall service was enabled and running. After I shared it I could re-disable the firewall and firewall services.

newtekie1, Nov 18, 2019
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    Can't share printer—getting error message

Yeah, I have windows firewall disabled, and I don't use any other firewall... mostly to prevent stupid issues like this.

None taken... and yeah, I do.

4. bookfox Win User

HP Printer driver installation issue

Try adding the printers manually in control panel. (Meaning without running the HP driver CD).
    1. Turn on your printer and make sure it is connected to the network.
    2. Open the Control Panel
    3. Click on Hardware and Sound.
    4. Double-click the Add a printer icon.
    5. Select "Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer" and click Next.
    6. Let Windows scan for the printer and if detected, select the printer and click Next. If the printer is not listed, click "The printer that I want isn't listed" and skip to add printer by name or TCP/IP address.
    7. If you know the printer's name, choose "Select a shared printer by name" and enter the path to the printer. For example, with a network named "hope" and a printer named "hp", the network path would be: "\\hope\hp".
    If you do not know the printer's path, but have the printers IP address, select "Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname".
    Click Next.
    If during the install, Windows asks for drivers, point to the location of your printer drivers."

IME, I do this when a customer's printer has the same issue as yours and it (usually) works fine.

bookfox, Nov 18, 2019
Thema:

1. HP Printer send to shared folder issue - Similar Threads - Printer send shared

2. Shared folder issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shared folder issue: Hi everyone. I am using Windows 11 and I have a shared folder on my desktop. Another PC on the network with Windows 10 can access it fine if my PC is open and I am working on it. When I lock my PC Windows key + L, the folder cannot be accessed anymore. All settings of the...
  3. Shared folder issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shared folder issue: Hi everyone. I am using Windows 11 and I have a shared folder on my desktop. Another PC on the network with Windows 10 can access it fine if my PC is open and I am working on it. When I lock my PC Windows key + L, the folder cannot be accessed anymore. All settings of the...
  4. Shared folder issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Shared printer problem but not shared folder issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shared printer problem but not shared folder issue: Hi, I have a Win7pro PC that shares HP Officejet 800 on a local network. It's a small office of 6 Windows10 machines. The Win7pro machine has also a shared folder in case anyone would like to drop off the file to it and print it off the machine. All of it works well with...
  6. HP printer issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP printer issue: I am using a HP desighjet 500 printer, running a windows 10 OS and when updaes my printer stops working. Is a fix for this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-printer-issue/f214d6fa-5ed9-4c8a-8a3f-e5ad06dd8d35
  7. Printer Sharing Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer Sharing Issue: A printer is connected to Computer 1 via USB cable. I have enabled printer sharing on that computer. That computer is connected to a wifi router via Ethernet. I want Computer 2 to use the printer. I have enabled printer sharing on both computers. In the Network and Sharing...
  8. Sharing printer and folder difficulties

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sharing printer and folder difficulties: Howdy. I have two Win10 PCs, one (desktop) running 1903 and the other 1909 (laptop). I have both set up identically in Advanced sharing settings, same profile, etc. Both are set to "Turn off password protected sharing" I shared a folder on the laptop, and I can access it...
  9. Folder sharing issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Folder sharing issue: I want to share a printer and public folders on my windows 10 pc. The only way it seems to work is if I turn on password protected sharing but then all of my files and folders become visible to the other users. What am I doing wrong?...
  10. HP printer issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP printer issues: Good night HP printer printing with parts of lines missing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-printer-issues/30c36937-fb79-40ee-9870-2e8c4eade8bc