Windows 10: hp printer stops working after updating to 1809

Discus and support hp printer stops working after updating to 1809 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Greetings After updating to 1809 (to solve another problem) my printer stopped working. It is HP officejet 4500 G510n-z wireless. Original CD was for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by zivshosh, Nov 20, 2018.

1. zivshosh Win User

hp printer stops working after updating to 1809

Greetings
    After updating to 1809 (to solve another problem) my printer stopped working.
    It is HP officejet 4500 G510n-z wireless.
    Original CD was for windows XP/7 so it doesn't work. Device setup downloaded from HP support fails even after neutralizing firewall, defender, Kaspersky and taking ownership on ProgramData\HP & Program Files (86)\HP
    Installations say I don't have access to somewhere in ProgramData\HP
    but it removes the printer completely from devices and printers
    The printer doesn't print a test page
    Does anyone know what to do (besides kicking the printer out)?
    is it the right place to complain about this problem?
    thank you

did it happen to anyone else after updating to 1809?

:)

zivshosh, Nov 20, 2018
  2. Kevin_888 Win User

HP DeskJet 9670 printer on Windows 10.

Go to the HP Support Web Site as below...

HP Printers - Installing and Using the Windows Built-in Print Driver | HP® Customer Support

In my case I then needed to go to Step 3 and working through from there - my printer was NOT in the list so I had to select the bottom option 'Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings' and click 'Next', working through their Online
    instructions from there. The next screen will probably give you the option to update the list of printer drivers on your PC: go for that BUT note that it may well appear to have stopped working as it took perhaps 10-15 minutes to update! Go and make a cup
    of coffee in the interim!

If your printer is on one or other of the HP/Hewlett Packard lists then you should be OK, if not, you will need to ascertain which listed printer is the nearest or recommended substitute one to use. HP should have a list of suggestions if it is not too old,
    otherwise try the 9800, which is the one that I have to use for my 9670 (which is A3).

Good luck!

Kevin_888, Nov 20, 2018
  3. NEBob5 Win User
    Printer Stopped Wording HP LazerJet 4 Plus

Thanks so much for your reply !

I stepped through each process listed with no change in my situation. The printer will not respond on anything needing printing.

In addition wile updating drivers from the HP support site there was notice list concerning Windows 10 and two recent updates KB3132372 and kb3133431, they stated first KB created the problem trying to solve a problem with Adobe Flash and the second was
    a fix ? They suggested removing flash, restarting machine and trying printer. I also did this with no results !

NEBob5, Nov 20, 2018
  4. hp printer stops working after updating to 1809

Can't get my HP Printer to work on Windows 10

Greg,

I am having the same issues with my HP3600n Color LaserJet not working after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I have followed your November 8th Post, details below:

Step 1 - Plug printer in by USB, power on printer, watch for animation in System Tray shown while searching for driver.

• There was no animation in the system try after plugging in the USB cable and powering on the printer.

Click on it to monitor driver install. It may ask to go to Windows Update to pull in the driver.

Step 2 - Type Devices and Printers in Start Search box, open location, do you see the printer there?

• Yes. The printer is listed.
    • Set as Default, if it won't print right click to Troubleshoot.
      • The printer responds to a print request but, instead of printing the sent job it prints out a PCL error as follows:
    PCL XL error

Subsystem KERNEL

Error: IllegalTag

Operator: 0x98

Position: 3

Step 4 - Typed "Update" in Start Search box, Check for Updates, install all including Recommended, expediting restart when requested, going back to Check for more until none are offered.

• Received notification "Your device is up to date. Last checked: Today, 2:52 PM (it is now 2:52 PM)

Did the printer driver arrive? No.

Step 5 - Download the basic driver (if no scan) or software (if scanning needed) package for the printer from the HP Support Downloads webpage for your exact make/model. Install the software with the printer USB unplugged, wait for it to prompt to plug
    it in.

Let us know how this works. It may require a few extra steps.

HP Technical Support, Help, and Troubleshooting | HP® Customer Support

• Downloaded Dot4x64.msi from HP support. Installed the software (with printer USB unplugged), plugged it in when prompted. This driver did not work. I received the same KERNEL error as above.

• Downloaded HP_CLJ3600_64Bit_HB.exe from HP support. Installed the software (with printer USB unplugged), plugged it in when prompted. This driver did not work. I received the same KERNEL error as above.

So, at this point, I have followed all steps with no success. I can "see" the printer in Devices and Printers however, the printer ICON doesn't look like a HP3600n, it is the Windows default printer ICON. Normally when the properly drivers are installed
    the ICON is customized to look like the installed device or printer.

Do you have any other suggestions that I might try?

Thanks!

Dave Williams

David T. Williams, Nov 20, 2018
Thema:

hp printer stops working after updating to 1809

1. hp printer stops working after updating to 1809 - Similar Threads - printer stops working

2. HP Printer 2540 stopped working with pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Printer 2540 stopped working with pc: HP Printer 2540 stopped working with pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-printer-2540-stopped-working-with-pc/6bcf938a-ff57-4ebb-953d-a673024a1330
  3. HP Printer 2540 stopped working with pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Printer 2540 stopped working with pc: HP Printer 2540 stopped working with pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-printer-2540-stopped-working-with-pc/6bcf938a-ff57-4ebb-953d-a673024a1330
  4. my hp printer has stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my hp printer has stopped working: Hp 551 stopped working recently. It's going on all the other pcs here, not this one. I've uninstalled it, biffed the driver and started again repeatedly. Cant find Kb4557957 and kb 4560690 which is recommended to uninstal. What to do? Grateful for any ideas...
  5. printer stopped working after Windows update

printer stopped working after Windows update: After auto update of Windows Windows 10S? my printer stopped working. Still no joy after several uninstalls and reinstalls of the printer driver. Suggestions?...
  6. printers stopped after update

printers stopped after update: the last round of win updates stopped several pc's in my office from being able to print. this was on several pc's and they are networked to several printers. we could see the printers but they would not do anything, not even a test page. nothing in the queue either....
  7. The printer HP P2014 stopped working after 1909 update Windows 10 PRO.

The printer HP P2014 stopped working after 1909 update Windows 10 PRO.: The printer is not detected by the system. Device USB\VID_03F0&PID_3917\LW130DC was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match. Last Device Instance Id: USB\VID_04A9&PID_12FE\056D1C Class Guid: {36fc9e60-c465-11cf-8056-444553540000} Location Path: Migration Rank:...
  8. HP Touchpad Not Working After Win 10 1809 Update

HP Touchpad Not Working After Win 10 1809 Update: After installing the 1809 update for windows the touchpad on my hp laptop does not work. I've tried device manager but its does not show up but when I plug in a usb mouse a HID compliant mouse registers. It was working fine before the update, nothing else seems to be wrong...
  9. 1803 & activation, 1809 & HP printers

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    1803 & activation, 1809 & HP printers: Greetings two questions: 1) is the problem of ver.1803 later build and demand for activation solved? (besides moving on to 1809) 2) is the problem of ver.1809 and HP printers solved? 1809 solves the activation problem but HP printers stops working (my suspicion is that they...
  10. hp printer stops working after updating to 1809

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    hp printer stops working after updating to 1809: Greetings After updating to 1809 (to solve another problem) my printer stopped working. It is HP officejet 4500 G510n-z wireless. Original CD was for windows XP/7 so it doesn't work. Device setup downloaded from HP support fails even after neutralizing firewall, defender,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fix windows 1809 wireless printing problem

2. windows 1809 hp laserprinting not working app

3. windows 1809 problem wireless printing

4. problems installing hp deskjet 3789 on windows 10 version 1809