Windows 10: HP printer wants PC have logon password, or no Scan to Network Folder

Discus and support HP printer wants PC have logon password, or no Scan to Network Folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; | My new home printer is a new HP OfficeJet Pro 9015, supposedly in the line of succession to my 11-year old HP OJP 8500, which started to leak ink and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by glnz, Nov 17, 2020.

1. glnz Win User

HP printer wants PC have logon password, or no Scan to Network Folder

|
    My new home printer is a new HP OfficeJet Pro 9015, supposedly in the line of succession to my 11-year old HP OJP 8500, which started to leak ink and is soon for the printer graveyard.

I have one annoying problem with the 9015. It has a Scan to Network Folder feature which sets a button on the printers tiny screen to scan whats in the feeder or on the glass and send a pdf copy to a designated folder on my home network specifically to a target folder on my home Win 10 Pro 64-bit PC (version 1909). Note that the printer is initiating and pushing the scanned pdf to my PC on the network the PC is not ordering and pulling the scan.

The target folder is fully Shared with Read-Write privileges to Everyone and Network, and with Security giving Everyone and Network Full Control.

► However, the HP OJP 9015 printer will not accept the designation of this network folder as a valid target unless I add a logon password to my Win 10 PC and add that password to the setting on the printer. The printer setup for this target folder will not accept a no-logon-password PC as the home of the target. On my PC, Password-Protected Sharing is Off the printer is very stubborn about this..

I dont want a logon password on my home PC, and I really have tried a lot of stuff to try to get around this. Could this conceivably be a Firewall issue? Or anything else?

Ive never added anything to my Firewall and Im not sure how to do that.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

:)

2. Can't scan on network printer in Windows 10

Hi,

As you are facing issues with scanning on the printer connected under a network, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated printer drivers, corrupted utility tool etc..

I suggest you to refer to the HP help article below, try the troubleshooting steps suggested and check if it helps.

Can't scan after upgrading to Windows 10

Hope it helps. Try the suggestions and update us the status of scanning on your device for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 17, 2020
  3. wolf2009 Win User
    Mapped network drives do not connect at logon in vista with automatic logon enabled

I have vista x64 . I have some mapped network drives . They get connected when i enter the password at logon screen. Now i enabled automatic logon in vista and they do not connect anymore . I have to double click on them and enter the password manually .

Windows displays the message "Could not connect to all drives" at logon .

They used to connect automatically in xo with automatic logon enabled.

My logon password is the same as the administrator password with which i can connect to these drives .

wolf2009, Nov 17, 2020
  4. Ben90CH Win User

Unable to scan files to folder from my network printer

Hi there,

I need some help. I have a very frustrating issue at hand.

Basically I was able to scan files to my shared folder on my laptop, using my network printer, 2-3 months ago. Recently I am unable to scan anything to my shared folder from the same network printer. No settings has been changed.

I've tried:

• Re-sharing my folder to "Everybody" with "Read/Write" permissions
    • Re-installing my network printer on my laptop
    • Configure the same advanced sharing settings as the other laptops in the network
    • Turned off Firewall
    • Reset my network on my laptop (With the help of Microsoft chat support)

Observations:

• I'm able to connect to other laptop's shared folder through the network, but others can't see my laptop/shared folder on the network.
    • Tried on 2 network printers at 2 different places of work. Both not able to scan to my folder.

Update(5.41pm):

I have downloaded the port scanner by Microsoft.

Result:

• Port 445: Listening
    • Port 139: Not Listening

I went to check my NetBIOS service if it's running. But it's not there in "Services".

Any ideas?

Ben90CH, Nov 17, 2020
Thema:

1. HP printer wants PC have logon password, or no Scan to Network Folder - Similar Threads - printer wants logon

2. Do SMB 2 and 3 REQUIRE that a target networked PC have logon password?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Do SMB 2 and 3 REQUIRE that a target networked PC have logon password?: If your devices are connecting to each other with SMB 2 or 3, is it REQUIRED that the initiating and/or target device in each instance have a logon password? Or can SMB 2 or 3 be set to connect and drop and get files between an initiating device and a target PC if both...
  3. Do SMB 2 and 3 REQUIRE that the target networked PC have a logon password?

Do SMB 2 and 3 REQUIRE that the target networked PC have a logon password?: If your devices are connecting to each other with SMB 2 or 3, is it REQUIRED that the initiating and/or target device in each instance have a logon password? Or can SMB 2 or 3 be set to connect and drop and get files between an initiating device and a target PC if both...
  4. HP printer Scan to Network Folder will NOT work unless my Win 10 PC has password for logon

HP printer Scan to Network Folder will NOT work unless my Win 10 PC has password for logon: My new home printer is an HP OfficeJet Pro 9015 supposedly in the line of succession to my old HP OJP 8500, which started to leak ink and is ready for the printer graveyard. The HP OJP 9015 has a “Scan to Network Folder” feature which sets a “button” on the printer’s tiny...
  5. HP 8600 printer will not scan to network folder after updating to Win 10.

HP 8600 printer will not scan to network folder after updating to Win 10.: After purchasing a new computer with Win 10 I can not use my network scan folder. The Win 7 machine still works fine. When I setup the new network folderScan I get a Error message "cannot connect the server, or connection failed". Have done all updates drivers Firmware for...
  6. Scanning HP printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scanning HP printer: I need your help. Can you point me in the right direction? I want to scan my printer. It is HP. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanning-hp-printer/3e8028e6-4e13-4b78-acf6-63e390cb696e
  7. Hp printer prints but doesn't scan

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hp printer prints but doesn't scan: My Hp printer prints any file, photo, but doesn't scan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-printer-prints-but-doesnt-scan/4836ff7f-2d31-4c5e-844b-ca612cd81524
  8. scanning software for my HP printer

scanning software for my HP printer: How do I download scanning software for my HP printer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanning-software-for-my-hp-printer/1e029b2a-8643-42cf-b588-a0b15987e552
  9. How to scan directly to my PC from a network printer

How to scan directly to my PC from a network printer: Hi there My local PC and our network printer are on the same local area network. I can send documents to be printed from my PC to the printer - no problem. When I go to scan documents, the target destination is set as a shared network file server. In the print management...
  10. My HP printer not scanning anymore

My HP printer not scanning anymore: My HP printer was scanning about a week ago. I didn't use it for a week now it says its not managing to the computer?? whats up with that? Joe Russo 37...