Windows 10: HP printer works with Chrome and not Windows 10

Discus and support HP printer works with Chrome and not Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Same computer . HP 4500 G510n. Recent Windows update.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LowrieGlasgow, Jun 19, 2019.

1. HP printer works with Chrome and not Windows 10

Same computer . HP 4500 G510n. Recent Windows update.

:)

LowrieGlasgow, Jun 19, 2019

2. Can't get my HP Printer to work on Windows 10

Greg,

I am having the same issues with my HP3600n Color LaserJet not working after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I have followed your November 8th Post, details below:

Step 1 - Plug printer in by USB, power on printer, watch for animation in System Tray shown while searching for driver.

• There was no animation in the system try after plugging in the USB cable and powering on the printer.

Click on it to monitor driver install. It may ask to go to Windows Update to pull in the driver.

Step 2 - Type Devices and Printers in Start Search box, open location, do you see the printer there?

• Yes. The printer is listed.
    • Set as Default, if it won't print right click to Troubleshoot.
      • The printer responds to a print request but, instead of printing the sent job it prints out a PCL error as follows:
    PCL XL error

Subsystem KERNEL

Error: IllegalTag

Operator: 0x98

Position: 3

Step 4 - Typed "Update" in Start Search box, Check for Updates, install all including Recommended, expediting restart when requested, going back to Check for more until none are offered.

• Received notification "Your device is up to date. Last checked: Today, 2:52 PM (it is now 2:52 PM)

Did the printer driver arrive? No.

Step 5 - Download the basic driver (if no scan) or software (if scanning needed) package for the printer from the HP Support Downloads webpage for your exact make/model. Install the software with the printer USB unplugged, wait for it to prompt to plug
    it in.

Let us know how this works. It may require a few extra steps.

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c03515691

• Downloaded Dot4x64.msi from HP support. Installed the software (with printer USB unplugged), plugged it in when prompted. This driver did not work. I received the same KERNEL error as above.

• Downloaded HP_CLJ3600_64Bit_HB.exe from HP support. Installed the software (with printer USB unplugged), plugged it in when prompted. This driver did not work. I received the same KERNEL error as above.

So, at this point, I have followed all steps with no success. I can "see" the printer in Devices and Printers however, the printer ICON doesn't look like a HP3600n, it is the Windows default printer ICON. Normally when the properly drivers are installed
    the ICON is customized to look like the installed device or printer.

Do you have any other suggestions that I might try?

Thanks!

Dave Williams

David T. Williams, Jun 19, 2019
  3. Kevin_888 Win User
    HP DeskJet 9670 printer on Windows 10.

Go to the HP Support Web Site as below...

HP Printers - Installing and Using the Windows Built-in Print Driver | HP® Customer Support

In my case I then needed to go to Step 3 and working through from there - my printer was NOT in the list so I had to select the bottom option 'Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings' and click 'Next', working through their Online
    instructions from there. The next screen will probably give you the option to update the list of printer drivers on your PC: go for that BUT note that it may well appear to have stopped working as it took perhaps 10-15 minutes to update! Go and make a cup
    of coffee in the interim!

If your printer is on one or other of the HP/Hewlett Packard lists then you should be OK, if not, you will need to ascertain which listed printer is the nearest or recommended substitute one to use. HP should have a list of suggestions if it is not too old,
    otherwise try the 9800, which is the one that I have to use for my 9670 (which is A3).

Good luck!

Kevin_888, Jun 19, 2019
  4. ArtTrier Win User

HP printer works with Chrome and not Windows 10

HP All In One Printer/Scanner/FAX J6400 series - Can't scan w/Windows 10

I have done everything that you have suggested and Windows 10 still will not allow me to scan. All my HP drivers are current and the HP online help process indicates that my printer is fine and online. Any other suggestions?

ArtTrier, Jun 19, 2019
Thema:

HP printer works with Chrome and not Windows 10

1. HP printer works with Chrome and not Windows 10 - Similar Threads - printer works Chrome

2. Windows 10: Hotspot and Wireless HP Printer not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10: Hotspot and Wireless HP Printer not working: Hi Folks, I have a hotspot and printer issue and I'm not sure if they are related. My hotspot stopped working about 6 months ago with my Apple Iphone SE. The message displays says: "We can't set up mobile hotspot because you PC doesn't have an ethernet, WiFi, or cellular...
  3. Windows 10: Hotspot and Wireless HP Printer not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10: Hotspot and Wireless HP Printer not working: Hi Folks, I have a hotspot and printer issue and I'm not sure if they are related. My hotspot stopped working about 6 months ago with my Apple Iphone SE. The message displays says: "We can't set up mobile hotspot because you PC doesn't have an ethernet, WiFi, or cellular...
  4. Windows 10: Hotspot and Wireless HP Printer not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. HP Printer won't work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HP Printer won't work: I am getting a warning that I cannot upload or down load documents because my cached credentials have expired. It wants our email address, and a pin number. Is this for the printer or the word program, outlook, WHAT?...
  6. HP printer to Windows 10

HP printer to Windows 10: Why is it taking so long to download 123.hp.com for my printer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-printer-to-windows-10/60925e83-2a9b-478f-8156-e9e8fcd99f7b
  7. HP printers won't work

HP printers won't work: Have a laptop with WIndows 10. Have 2 different HP photosmart printers. Usually just use the one and all has been fine - except for the couple of weeks. Now nothing prints on either. I've uninstalled/reinstalled each printer. When something does print it's just a bunch...
  8. HP Printer Offline Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    HP Printer Offline Windows 10: This is a nice blog and provides an useful and informative ideas to me to resolve my HP envy 7640 printer issues. Thank you for such an wonderful blog post. People can also visit allitexpert.com as it also provides very elaborative information regarding the printer problems....
  9. HP Printer offline Windows 10

HP Printer offline Windows 10: HP Printer offline Windows 10 Printers are used to get the works done properly and also within the shortest time period. Thus make your printer always trouble-free should be the utmost priority for every printer user. Hence, get the expert assistance by dialing our HP printer...
  10. Why My HP Printer Says Offline Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why My HP Printer Says Offline Windows 10?: Normally, your printer back at home or office could be offline due to a variety of reasons. It could be that your printer’s drivers that operate the printer for your computer could have become corrupt or outdated. Or, the cable that connects them both could be faulty and not...