Windows 10: HP printers - driver unavailable - on multiple printers

Discus and support HP printers - driver unavailable - on multiple printers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My HP Envy 4520 printer suddenly stopped working - the issue appeared to be 'driver unavailable'. I tried multiple times to uninstall and reinstall -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TracyS2021, Apr 16, 2021.

1. HP printers - driver unavailable - on multiple printers

My HP Envy 4520 printer suddenly stopped working - the issue appeared to be 'driver unavailable'. I tried multiple times to uninstall and reinstall - following directions found online. I gave up. My friend gave me his old printer HP Envy 7155 and set that up and it printed without any problems. And now suddenly that too has a 'driver unavailable' issue and won't work. Is than issue with my laptop or wifi instead of the HP? Any ideas how to correct it?

:)

TracyS2021, Apr 16, 2021
  2. EthelJean Win User

Printer Driver Unavailable

My HP Notebook, running Win10, won't print to my HP DJ3630 printer anymore. Following the instructions from the Get Help tech support, after several other unsuccessful steps, I uninstalled my printer and all drivers & support files. When I went through
    Settings-Devices-Add A Printer, the computer was able to locate and connect to my printer, but then said the Driver is Unavailable. I am so frustrated and tired of the issues with Win10!!! I'd use my HP Pavilion Laptop running Vista, if I could still get ink
    for the printer connected to it!!!

EthelJean, Apr 16, 2021
  3. Lonnie_L Win User
    Unable to install HP Printer. Status shows as “Driver is unavailable”.

Microsoft is aware of an issue that may cause some models of HP printers to get into an unusable state in which the Status shows as “Driver is unavailable.”
    This situation typically occurs after attempting to uninstall the printer and its driver.

While not a comprehensive list, some of the known model series that are affected by this issue include:

· HP DeskJet 4670

· HP ENVY 5000

· HP ENVY 5660

· HP ENVY PHOTO 7800

· HP OfficeJet 3830

· HP OfficeJet 5740

· HP OfficeJet PRO 8600

· HP OfficeJet 8730

When you install the current version of the driver for these devices, it also installs a file called a “Null Print” driver.
    When the device is uninstalled, the “Null Print” driver remains.
    The file is not really a printer driver, but when the device is re-added, Windows sees this file as the printer driver, and thus doesn’t seek the actual driver.

Microsoft is aware that HP is working on new drivers to address the issue.
    In the meantime, here are some steps to check if you are affected by this issue and to resolve this problem:

1. In the Search box on the taskbar, type
    cmd. Right-click the Command Prompt desktop app in the search results and select
    Run as administrator.

2. In the Command Prompt window, type the following command and press ENTER:

pnputil /enum-drivers

HP printers - driver unavailable - on multiple printers 285778d2-e169-4a4b-8d1d-6cebbd628304?upload=true.jpg

3. Scroll through the drivers in the list and look for an entry with an ‘Original Name’ of
    nullprint.inf. If you don’t see a driver with this name, you are likely not affected by this issue, and you should instead try the troubleshooting steps at
    Fix printer connection and printing problems in Windows 10.

4. Make note of the ‘Published Name’ for the
    nullprint.inf entry in step 3. You’ll need it in the next step.

5. In the Command Prompt window, type the following command, replacing <published name> with the name you made note of in Step 4.
    Then press ENTER.

pnputil /delete-driver <published name>

6. Now remove and re-add your HP printer.
    With the nullprint.inf driver removed, Windows should automatically search for and install the proper printer driver.

Lonnie_L, Apr 16, 2021
  4. HP printers - driver unavailable - on multiple printers

Printer with decent driver

I've had a HP PSC1205 printer for a few years and have fought constantly against the absolutely rubbish software that HP supply with it. The hardware's OK but the driver etc is poor.

Can anyone recommend a manufacteurer of printers who have half-decent software developers!! I just want some printer software that works and doesn't conflict/crash!!

EnglishLion, Apr 16, 2021
Thema:

HP printers - driver unavailable - on multiple printers

1. HP printers - driver unavailable - on multiple printers - Similar Threads - printers driver unavailable

2. Printer Driver Unavailable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer Driver Unavailable: Hi Everyone,I am facing an error when I am adding my my Epson Bluetooth Printer TM-m30. The error which is coming - "Driver is unavailable" / Status is unavailable"I have tried the following trouble shooting options - 1 Uninstalling and reinstalling the driver2 Restarting the...
  3. HP Printer. Status shows as “Driver is unavailable”.

HP Printer. Status shows as “Driver is unavailable”.: Hello, thanks for your time and effort. I have a Dell Laptop with Win 10 and am able to install and print to an HP 5740 printer wirelessly. Bought an HP laptop with Win 10 for my child and she can print to the same printer if connected by UBS cable but not wirelessly. The...
  4. printer driver unavailable

printer driver unavailable: I recently purchased an HP project 9010 all in one series printer about two weeks ago. I installed it easily everything was working fine, now suddenly it will not print. It goes from Default error, to drivers unavailable. I have done every "fix" out there. I have...
  5. printer driver is unavailable for HP ENVY 5530

printer driver is unavailable for HP ENVY 5530: all the loops of HP Smart help etc say printer installed and ready but it still will not print printer driver unavailable prints ok from another computer but not from this one...
  6. Driver unavailable for HP ENVY 7640 printer

Driver unavailable for HP ENVY 7640 printer: I returned to New York from winter in Florida and discovered my HP Spectre Laptop no longer prints to my HP ENVY printer. The IPhones print, but not the laptop. When I go through all the recommended steps, the message always comes back that the driver is unavailable, How...
  7. Printer Driver Unavailable

Printer Driver Unavailable: My HP Notebook, running Win10, won't print to my HP DJ3630 printer anymore. Following the instructions from the Get Help tech support, after several other unsuccessful steps, I uninstalled my printer and all drivers & support files. When I went through Settings-Devices-Add A...
  8. driver unavailable for printer

driver unavailable for printer: I have exhausted about all options trying to get my wireless printer to work again. On the computer for three hours today. Tech even took remote access and seemed to try every option that he knew. He really tried but without an answer. I am running windows 10, 64 bit on a...
  9. Printer Driver unavailable

Printer Driver unavailable: I have been printing but all of a sudden it doesn't work now. It says Printer driver unavailable. It says everything is updated for my HP56EA60(HP Office Jet 6700) all in one. Thank you v/r Bernadette...
  10. Printer driver unavailable

Printer driver unavailable: Hi, I've been unable to use my printer because the constant message is 'Driver Unavailable'. This is so for both HP and Epson printers so presumably it's a windows problem not a HP/Epson issue. Have done all the normal things: clean uninstall, reinstall, use the HP...