Windows 10: HP printers start rejecting budget ink cartridges.

Discus and support HP printers start rejecting budget ink cartridges. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; In the news today. HP printers start rejecting budget ink cartridges - BBC News Code: Large numbers of HP printer owners found their printers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mooly, Sep 18, 2016.

1. Mooly Win User

HP printers start rejecting budget ink cartridges.

In the news today.

HP printers start rejecting budget ink cartridges - BBC News

Code: Large numbers of HP printer owners found their printers stopped recognising unofficial printer ink cartridges on 13 September. Dutch printer ink vendor 123inkt said it had received more than 1,000 complaints in one day. HP said that during its last firmware update, settings had been changed so HP printers would communicate with only HP-chipped cartridges.[/quote]

:)

Mooly, Sep 18, 2016
  2. ViQuiring Win User

How to change ink cartridge in my HP printer

how to change ink cartridge in my hp printer

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows Ink & touch / PC

ViQuiring, Sep 18, 2016
  3. upgraded to windows 10. 1st scanner stopped working. Corrected.Now printer shows error on cartridge, same one as always. Hp Photsmart 2575 All in one

Printer problems. Upgraded to windows 10. First the scanner stopped working. Trouble shot and corrected. Now printer not working and on screen showing to check ink cartridge, error on cartridge. But same ink as always. Can not by pass or run anything on
    it. One trouble shot shows possible missing driver, other cleans cartridge, still other clean heads. It is an old HP Photosmart all in one series 2575

Don M. Watkins, Sep 18, 2016
  4. Mooly Win User

Code: HP has backtracked on a software update that blocked some ink cartridges made by third parties. A controversial firmware change made earlier this month meant HP printer owners using unofficial, usually cheaper, cartridges discovered they would no longer work. A campaign calling on HP to reverse the move was launched, backed by rights group the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF).[/quote] More at:
    HP apologises for ink-blocking update - BBC News

Mooly, Sep 28, 2016
  5. =======
    Laser ones, are better in most cases. I know that color laser is 2x more exprensive, than ink-jet one, but.. Try not to spend money on things you don't really need, wait some time to get more money, and problem solved.

WebbyLight0, Sep 28, 2016
  6. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Try and MINIMISE printing wherever possible -- a lot of documents can be read quite decently on tablets / mobile phones.

I know that Consummables are BIG business -- the cheaper end of the printer market is often the most expensive for things like Inks etc.

Glad though HP are going to fix this. I can't see what's wrong with people wanting cheaper / recyclable cartridges etc.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. HP printers start rejecting budget ink cartridges. - Similar Threads - printers start rejecting

2. How to use only one ink cartridge on the HP DeskJet printer 2652?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use only one ink cartridge on the HP DeskJet printer 2652?: How to use only one ink cartridge; what settings, etc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-use-only-one-ink-cartridge-on-the-hp/2f246977-e53c-4487-8c92-5682cb527d08
  3. How to use only one ink cartridge on the HP DeskJet printer 2652?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to use only one ink cartridge on the HP DeskJet printer 2652?: How to use only one ink cartridge; what settings, etc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-use-only-one-ink-cartridge-on-the-hp/2f246977-e53c-4487-8c92-5682cb527d08
  4. Printer offline after putting in a new ink cartridge

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Printer offline after putting in a new ink cartridge: I have a wireless HP All-in-One Deskjet printer, model 2724 and it is a few months old. After doing a test print with the new cartridge, it says “printer is offline”. The carriage works, no paper jams, all the plugs are secure, the proper lights work but it will not print...
  5. Printer Won't Recognize Ink Cartridge

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer Won't Recognize Ink Cartridge: My printer suddenly won't recognize a full container of ink and it won't let me print in black and white either. Any ideas?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-wont-recognize-ink-cartridge/5fbc9d66-3338-4e52-af3e-466182dbc582
  6. printer is showing code 1485 unsupported ink cartridge

printer is showing code 1485 unsupported ink cartridge: printer is showing code 1485 unsupported ink cartridge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-is-showing-code-1485-unsupported-ink/0392544d-3f6c-4993-bf5f-9a85de49f84f
  7. Printer ink cartridges

Printer ink cartridges: I have a hp printer and have always used ink 61, I took some out and put in same kind and my printer is saying its not compatible with this printer? I took them out several times, it will print a test page then try to print something else and click into the message saying not...
  8. INK CARTRIDGES

INK CARTRIDGES: HOW DO I REALIGN NEW INK CARTRIDGES AFTER INSTALLATION https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ink-cartridges/d40eaf57-18d2-44bd-8963-f67e7622d568
  9. Changing ink cartridge

Changing ink cartridge: I can't figure out how to change the ink cartridge. Help Please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-ink-cartridge/b5db9245-45a7-43a2-b1a7-85aa5683f322
  10. HP inkjet printer cartridges

HP inkjet printer cartridges: I have just installed new HP ink cartridges into my HP Officejet 6500 Model E709n printer and keep getting an error message saying inkjet failure on the printer and it asks me to turn off and then back on, which i have done several times, including taking plug out of wall...