Windows 10: HP proBook 6570b wont shut down

Discus and support HP proBook 6570b wont shut down in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi , Sorry if this is a repeat of other threads , I can't find a solution . Problem : HP proBook 6570b goes into sleep mode when clicking on start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tamo, Mar 1, 2016.

1. tamo Win User

HP proBook 6570b wont shut down

Hi , Sorry if this is a repeat of other threads , I can't find a solution .

Problem : HP proBook 6570b goes into sleep mode when clicking on start /power / shutdown .

What I have tried : went into advanced power setting in power & sleep tab and made sure the correct settings were applied under power button and lid and some other setting
    HP proBook 6570b wont shut down [​IMG]
    . I think they look correct anyway but i,m not an expert .
    Uninstalled the HP power management app in case there was some conflict but this didn't change anything .

Current state : Able to do soft shutdown till system goes to sleep mode then press power button 5 seconds to completely shut down .

Windows 10 pro version 1511 build 10586 .122

Son gave me this to sort out but cant seem to find a fix .

Any help greatly appreciated .

Thanks

:)

tamo, Mar 1, 2016

2. fingerprint

i have hp probook 6570b laptop and i installed windows 10 enterprise on it the bluetooth and fingerprint dont work and i cant find the biomestic devices on device manager what should i do?

Aya Shahin, Mar 1, 2016
  3. HP Probook 6570b uefi bug

Don't know there are a stars, I didn't curse.

So, I managed to fix memory with Ubuntu Live USB.

But there is a still HP logo instead of WIndows while booting up.

SO I tried with inital Windows 10 to fix this and hp logo is gone. Anniversary update brings back HP logo and removes Windows logo.

This is not the case with Bios, just with uefi.

ratnik BGD, Mar 1, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Hi.
    Have you tried turning off Fast Startup?

turn off Fast Startup

To understand what this is/does (it was first introduced in Windows 8):
    “Fast Startup (aka: hybrid boot or hybrid Shutdown) is a new feature in Windows 8 to help your PC start up faster after shutting down. When turned on, Windows 8 does this by using a hybrid shutdown (a partial hibernate) method that saves only the kernel session and device drivers (system information) to the hibernate (hiberfil.sys) file on disk instead of closing it when you shut down your PC. This also makes the hiberfil.sys file to be much smaller than what hibernate would use (often 4GB or more). When you start your PC again, Windows 8 uses that saved system information to resume your system instead of having to do a cold boot to fully restart it. Using this technique with boot gives a significant advantage for boot times, since reading the hiberfile in and reinitializing drivers is much faster on most systems (30-70% faster on most systems tested). If you have a motherboard with UEFI, then fast startup will be even faster.”

simrick, Mar 2, 2016
  5. tamo Win User
    Turning off Fast Startup solved the shutdown issue .

Just a note for others : I couldn't see the Fast Shutdown option when I used the "all settings app/ display notifications ,apps ,power " . I had to go to control panel and power options .

Thank you poster

tamo, Mar 2, 2016
  6. simrick Win User
    Glad to hear it! *Thumbs

simrick, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. HP proBook 6570b wont shut down - Similar Threads - proBook 6570b wont

2. PC wont completely shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC wont completely shut down: Hi, For a while now, any time I press the power butting or click Shut Down on my PC, the screen will turn of but the fans and fan lights stay on. The only way to turn it of then is to power cycle it. However, if I put the computer to sleep or hibernate, the fans and lights...
  3. No v1903 for HP ProBook?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No v1903 for HP ProBook?: My new HP ProBook G6 450 currently on v1809 OS Build 17763.832 isn't being offered v1903 via Windows update despite feature updates being enabled. I know I can use the Media Creation Tool. Has anyone updated this PC to v1903 or know why the update isn't offered via Windows...
  4. HP Laptop shutting down without warning.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HP Laptop shutting down without warning.: Hello, I have been having an issue with my HP Laptop for a few days, my device would shut itself down when the battery is around 20-30% without warning and before the battery saver mode is turned on which is supposed to give me plenty of time to plug the charger in. Once I...
  5. battery for HP ProBook laptop

battery for HP ProBook laptop: I replaced my battery 6 months ago. It will indicate 50% but will go down in a minute. Do batteries just last a few months? I have 6 email accounts on it and I do run illustrations on it for business, but it is 32 and not near full. ie I have plenty of space left. I have...
  6. HP PROBOOK WAS FINE WHEN SHUT DOWN , BUT WILL NOT START NEXT DAY

HP PROBOOK WAS FINE WHEN SHUT DOWN , BUT WILL NOT START NEXT DAY: HP PROBOOK WAS FINE WHEN SHUT DOWN , BUT WILL NOT START NEXT DAY BLACK SCREEN AND HP BLINK CODE OF 5 THEN RESTARTS AND DOES CODE AGAIN THEN NOTHING. WHAT NEXT?...
  7. Issues with HP ProBook 6475b

Issues with HP ProBook 6475b: Before going into any specifics on the situation, here are the laptop's specifications: Model :: HP ProBook 6475b CPU :: AMD A10-5750M GPU :: AMD Radeon HD 8650G RAM :: 8GB (2x4GB) PC3-12800 DDR3-1600MHz SODIMM HDD :: 2TB, 5400RPM, SATA III...
  8. Windows 10 PC wont shut down

Windows 10 PC wont shut down: My Windows 10 PC has stopped shutting down. I have tried windows updates all up to date. SFC /SCANNOW running several virus checkers. What next? No system restore available before this started. 115100
  9. Random Restarts on HP ProBook

in Windows 10 Support
    Random Restarts on HP ProBook: Hi I have fresh installed Win 10 x64 on my HP ProBook 450, yet every now and then it freezes with only the mouse cursor movable and then restarts the laptop. I though it was the upgrade from Win 8.1 but the same thing happens after a fresh install. HP have confirmed that...
  10. HP probook wont shut down after win10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    HP probook wont shut down after win10 upgrade: Hi , My son upgraded a HP Probook from win 8.1 to win 10 and now it wont shut down using the normal start/power/shutdown option . If anyone has any ideas could you please give me a shout . Much obliged 21314