Windows 10: HP proBook 6570b wont shut down

Discus and support HP proBook 6570b wont shut down in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi , Sorry if this is a repeat of other threads , I can't find a solution . Problem : HP proBook 6570b goes into sleep mode when clicking on start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tamo, Mar 1, 2016.

1. tamo Win User

HP proBook 6570b wont shut down

Hi , Sorry if this is a repeat of other threads , I can't find a solution .

Problem : HP proBook 6570b goes into sleep mode when clicking on start /power / shutdown .

What I have tried : went into advanced power setting in power & sleep tab and made sure the correct settings were applied under power button and lid and some other setting
    HP proBook 6570b wont shut down [​IMG]
    . I think they look correct anyway but i,m not an expert .
    Uninstalled the HP power management app in case there was some conflict but this didn't change anything .

Current state : Able to do soft shutdown till system goes to sleep mode then press power button 5 seconds to completely shut down .

Windows 10 pro version 1511 build 10586 .122

Son gave me this to sort out but cant seem to find a fix .

Any help greatly appreciated .

Thanks

:)

tamo, Mar 1, 2016

2. fingerprint

i have hp probook 6570b laptop and i installed windows 10 enterprise on it the bluetooth and fingerprint dont work and i cant find the biomestic devices on device manager what should i do?

Aya Shahin, Mar 1, 2016
  3. HP Probook 6570b uefi bug

Don't know there are a stars, I didn't curse.

So, I managed to fix memory with Ubuntu Live USB.

But there is a still HP logo instead of WIndows while booting up.

SO I tried with inital Windows 10 to fix this and hp logo is gone. Anniversary update brings back HP logo and removes Windows logo.

This is not the case with Bios, just with uefi.

ratnik BGD, Mar 1, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Hi.
    Have you tried turning off Fast Startup?

turn off Fast Startup

To understand what this is/does (it was first introduced in Windows 8):
    “Fast Startup (aka: hybrid boot or hybrid Shutdown) is a new feature in Windows 8 to help your PC start up faster after shutting down. When turned on, Windows 8 does this by using a hybrid shutdown (a partial hibernate) method that saves only the kernel session and device drivers (system information) to the hibernate (hiberfil.sys) file on disk instead of closing it when you shut down your PC. This also makes the hiberfil.sys file to be much smaller than what hibernate would use (often 4GB or more). When you start your PC again, Windows 8 uses that saved system information to resume your system instead of having to do a cold boot to fully restart it. Using this technique with boot gives a significant advantage for boot times, since reading the hiberfile in and reinitializing drivers is much faster on most systems (30-70% faster on most systems tested). If you have a motherboard with UEFI, then fast startup will be even faster.”

simrick, Mar 2, 2016
  5. tamo Win User
    Turning off Fast Startup solved the shutdown issue .

Just a note for others : I couldn't see the Fast Shutdown option when I used the "all settings app/ display notifications ,apps ,power " . I had to go to control panel and power options .

Thank you poster

tamo, Mar 2, 2016
  6. simrick Win User
    Glad to hear it! *Thumbs

simrick, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. HP proBook 6570b wont shut down - Similar Threads - proBook 6570b wont

2. how do I fresh start my hp probook 6570b?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I fresh start my hp probook 6570b?: I want to fresh start my computer.I follow all the instructions that I get, but once I get to additional info under fresh start, no option to get started appears.So what I want to know is why I can't see it, and what should I do to see it....
  3. how do I fresh start my hp probook 6570b?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I fresh start my hp probook 6570b?: I want to fresh start my computer.I follow all the instructions that I get, but once I get to additional info under fresh start, no option to get started appears.So what I want to know is why I can't see it, and what should I do to see it....
  4. how do I fresh start my hp probook 6570b?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. pc wont shut down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pc wont shut down: When i power off my pc the fans and lights on the fans stay on. Should I reinstall windows to see if this fixes my problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-wont-shut-down/d4b92a9c-c414-4d8c-b8c2-af6c9ec269af
  6. pc wont shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc wont shut down: When i power off my pc the fans and lights on the fans stay on. Should I reinstall windows to see if this fixes my problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-wont-shut-down/d4b92a9c-c414-4d8c-b8c2-af6c9ec269af
  7. Laptop wont shut down

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Laptop wont shut down: This problem started occurring after I ran the Microsoft Defender Offline scan. Now my laptop won't shut down. Instead, it reboots and tells me that my PIN is not available. The only way to turn the laptop off is with a hard reset....
  8. Adding a Camera to HP Probook 6570B

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adding a Camera to HP Probook 6570B: Hi, i have an HP probook 6570b. Its variant doesnt have a built in camera on it. Is there a way i can buy that same camera and have it added and installed similar to the variants that has one? Or should i just stick with the external cam. Also i wanna add the phone jack at...
  9. HP PROBOOK WAS FINE WHEN SHUT DOWN , BUT WILL NOT START NEXT DAY

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HP PROBOOK WAS FINE WHEN SHUT DOWN , BUT WILL NOT START NEXT DAY: HP PROBOOK WAS FINE WHEN SHUT DOWN , BUT WILL NOT START NEXT DAY BLACK SCREEN AND HP BLINK CODE OF 5 THEN RESTARTS AND DOES CODE AGAIN THEN NOTHING. WHAT NEXT?...
  10. HP probook wont shut down after win10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    HP probook wont shut down after win10 upgrade: Hi , My son upgraded a HP Probook from win 8.1 to win 10 and now it wont shut down using the normal start/power/shutdown option . If anyone has any ideas could you please give me a shout . Much obliged 21314