Windows 10: hp recovery drive gone

Discus and support hp recovery drive gone in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; so remember the drive d that I told you about? yeah, well its contents were replaced with desktop.ini. so how do I recover the files that were there?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by papperboy3498, Jan 12, 2019.

1. hp recovery drive gone

so remember the drive d that I told you about? yeah, well its contents were replaced with desktop.ini.

so how do I recover the files that were there?

:)

papperboy3498, Jan 12, 2019
  2. NjnBat Win User

Windows usb recovery drive vs Hp recovery usb drive

I recently bought a HP laptop and created windows 10 usb recovery drive . However there is an option in HP which will allow to create an HP recovery usb as well .

Do I need to still go and create the HP usb recovery drive and maintain 2 USB drives ?

If I have to choose one , which would be the right one ? Can you please suggest why ?

I couldn't find online the difference between the features of HP usb and windows usb recovery drive ? Can someone help me with it

NjnBat, Jan 12, 2019
  3. Naresh_K Win User
    Not enough space on Recovery (Dhp recovery drive gone :) drive.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the following:

1. What is the make and model number of your Computer?

Please note that recovery "D" is a partition on the hard drive which contains the image of the Operating system. You can use it to restore the computer back to factory settings. You should not attempt to store files in it.
    If you have any data saved on the D drive, I would suggest you to move it to an external drive and to free up some space, you can follow the steps provided in the article:
    Free up drive space in Windows 10.

If you are using a HP computer, then you can refer to this article:
    HP and Compaq Desktop PCs - What is the Recovery (Dhp recovery drive gone :) Hard Drive?

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking on Yes or No.

Naresh_K, Jan 12, 2019
  4. BulldogXX Win User

hp recovery drive gone

Windows usb recovery drive vs Hp recovery usb drive

It's a good question, because 'recovery drive' means different things to different people. There's no standard recovery drive for Windows. You can find dozens of different recovery drives on the internet, possibly hundreds, each with its own set of features.
    You can even make your own home-brew recovery drive if you want to.

If you want to choose between the two recovery drives you have, make a list of all the things each one does and compare your lists. Which do you prefer?

Or maybe make a list of all the things you would like a recovery drive to do, and then look for one that matches your list.

BulldogXX, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

hp recovery drive gone

1. hp recovery drive gone - Similar Threads - recovery drive gone

2. Disk Drive was gone after SupportAssist OS Recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Drive was gone after SupportAssist OS Recovery: Hello,My name is Anees Arshad. I made 3 partitions on my Dell Laptop hard drive: Local DiskC:, Local Disk D: and Multimedia E:. The laptop was lagging a lot I suspected a malware problem I ended up using SupportAssist OS Recovery Assistant to reset. The laptop was back to its...
  3. Disk Drive was gone after SupportAssist OS Recovery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk Drive was gone after SupportAssist OS Recovery: Hello,My name is Anees Arshad. I made 3 partitions on my Dell Laptop hard drive: Local DiskC:, Local Disk D: and Multimedia E:. The laptop was lagging a lot I suspected a malware problem I ended up using SupportAssist OS Recovery Assistant to reset. The laptop was back to its...
  4. Disk Drive was gone after SupportAssist OS Recovery

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Disk Drive was gone after SupportAssist OS Recovery Assistant

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Drive was gone after SupportAssist OS Recovery Assistant: Hello,My name is Jefri. I made 3 partitions on my Dell Laptop hard drive: OS C:, Data D: and Multimedia E:. The OS was suddenly crashed when I tried to move some files to external hard disk. After clicking on the available options, I ended up using SupportAssist OS Recovery...
  6. Disk Drive was gone after SupportAssist OS Recovery Assistant

Disk Drive was gone after SupportAssist OS Recovery Assistant: Hello,My name is Jefri. I made 3 partitions on my Dell Laptop hard drive: OS C:, Data D: and Multimedia E:. The OS was suddenly crashed when I tried to move some files to external hard disk. After clicking on the available options, I ended up using SupportAssist OS Recovery...
  7. D Drive is gone.

D Drive is gone.: My D:/ drive is completely gone. i've rescanned disks, tried resetting failed tried a fresh install also failed, i've tried automatic repair another fail. Can anyone help me?...
  8. Repartitioning the D: or Recovery Drive on my HP G62

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Repartitioning the D: or Recovery Drive on my HP G62: The D: or Recovery Drive partition on my hard drive is full, and I am getting constant alerts. Here is what I would like to do. 1. Copy files out of the D: Volume into C: Volume. 2. Delete the D: Volume. 3. Shrink the C: Volume by 10 GB 4. Create a new D: Volume adding...
  9. one drive is gone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    one drive is gone: i've lost my one drive. about a month ago i could no longer see my pictures after clicking on one drive. only yellow folders. perhaps this happened after an update? Now i might be rubbing microsoft the wrong way but i don't care. i'm not a pc expert but EDGE, was burning a...
  10. Recovery options gone ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Recovery options gone ?: What I'm expecting: [img] What I get: [img] Hello! I just discover that my recovery options have disappeared, leaving me with the only option to Turn Off my PC instead of the usual "Reset your PC or see advanced options". I enclove two snapshots: One with the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp the recovery media creation option is no longer available