Windows 10: HP Scan and Capture not working

Discus and support HP Scan and Capture not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I try to use HP scan and capture, the home screen for this service will come up then shut off, bringing me back to background screen. Cannot scan... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WarrenAustin, Sep 15, 2019.

1. HP Scan and Capture not working

When I try to use HP scan and capture, the home screen for this service will come up then shut off, bringing me back to background screen. Cannot scan and send to computer

:)

WarrenAustin, Sep 15, 2019
  2. sasseee Win User

hp scan and capture won't open with 7500 e series photosmart. It just stopped working.

My HP Officejet Pro 8500 quit working with the scan function at the same time as the others on here. If I go to the app store, it says it's installed, and yet can't find it anywhere. Have tried all of the suggested fixes on MSFT and HP with no improvement.
    The Windows scan program only does jpg, tif etc. I need PDF to save documents and reprint. This is definitely a MSFT problem and am tired of the script replies of "is it plugged in?" etc. Need answers ASAP!

sasseee, Sep 15, 2019
  3. sasseee Win User
    hp scan and capture won't open with 7500 e series photosmart. It just stopped working.

Same problem here with HP 8900 Office Jet. HP scan and capture won't open and isn't even listed in the software list anymore. Have reinstalled HP printer software to latest and still no operation. When I search for the app in the store it says it's installed.
    I have used this for a few years with no problems.

sasseee, Sep 15, 2019
  4. HP Scan and Capture not working

HP Scan and Capture software

My HP scan and capture software will not find my wireless color laser jet pro mfp m477fnw. How can I make that happen so I can use the scanner. I have a HP Envy 17 Notebook pc

ShockomeRainelle, Sep 15, 2019
Thema:

HP Scan and Capture not working

1. HP Scan and Capture not working - Similar Threads - Scan Capture working

2. why can't i install "HP scan and capture" app???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why can't i install "HP scan and capture" app???: I can't install the app "HP scan and capture" I had it before my rebuild. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-install-hp-scan-and-capture-app/fcc440ae-91e4-42bb-bb0e-6cdb8cba7c5f
  3. "Windows Fax and Scan" No scanner detected But "HP Scan and Capture" Works

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Windows Fax and Scan" No scanner detected But "HP Scan and Capture" Works: Scanner and feeder stopped working days ago. WIA scanning fails on an up to date Windows 10 with HP M1536 mft printer/scanner. "HP Scan and Capture" works but not "Windows Fax and Scan" No scanner detected or Adobe applications WIA device not found. I modified WIA services...
  4. "Windows Fax and Scan" No scanner detected But "HP Scan and Capture" Works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Windows Fax and Scan" No scanner detected But "HP Scan and Capture" Works: Scanner and feeder stopped working days ago. WIA scanning fails on an up to date Windows 10 with HP M1536 mft printer/scanner. "HP Scan and Capture" works but not "Windows Fax and Scan" No scanner detected or Adobe applications WIA device not found. I modified WIA services...
  5. "Windows Fax and Scan" No scanner detected But "HP Scan and Capture" Works

6. Use of HP Scan and Capture

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Use of HP Scan and Capture: I have a HP printer installed in my laptop and I wanted to download the app HP Scan and Capture. When I try to install it, it looks its being installed but nothing happens and the program doesn't show on my laptop. I can actually use the app but I have to access Microsoft...
  7. Use of HP Scan and Capture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Use of HP Scan and Capture: I have a HP printer installed in my laptop and I wanted to download the app HP Scan and Capture. When I try to install it, it looks its being installed but nothing happens and the program doesn't show on my laptop. I can actually use the app but I have to access Microsoft...
  8. Use of HP Scan and Capture

9. HP Scan and Capture

HP Scan and Capture: HP Scan and Capture has stopped working. I cannot get it to launch. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-scan-and-capture/aa27f2f7-4f75-40f3-8b8f-14841dd9e7c8
  10. HP Scan and capture

HP Scan and capture: This software cannot be downloaded from Microsoft Store. It returns with an error message and have done it for days. Anybody who knows if it can be downloaded from another place....