Windows 10: HP Scan and Capture not working

Discus and support HP Scan and Capture not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I try to use HP scan and capture, the home screen for this service will come up then shut off, bringing me back to background screen. Cannot scan... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WarrenAustin, Sep 15, 2019.

1. HP Scan and Capture not working

When I try to use HP scan and capture, the home screen for this service will come up then shut off, bringing me back to background screen. Cannot scan and send to computer

:)

WarrenAustin, Sep 15, 2019
  2. sasseee Win User

hp scan and capture won't open with 7500 e series photosmart. It just stopped working.

My HP Officejet Pro 8500 quit working with the scan function at the same time as the others on here. If I go to the app store, it says it's installed, and yet can't find it anywhere. Have tried all of the suggested fixes on MSFT and HP with no improvement.
    The Windows scan program only does jpg, tif etc. I need PDF to save documents and reprint. This is definitely a MSFT problem and am tired of the script replies of "is it plugged in?" etc. Need answers ASAP!

sasseee, Sep 15, 2019
  3. sasseee Win User
    hp scan and capture won't open with 7500 e series photosmart. It just stopped working.

Same problem here with HP 8900 Office Jet. HP scan and capture won't open and isn't even listed in the software list anymore. Have reinstalled HP printer software to latest and still no operation. When I search for the app in the store it says it's installed.
    I have used this for a few years with no problems.

sasseee, Sep 15, 2019
  4. HP Scan and Capture not working

HP Scan and Capture software

My HP scan and capture software will not find my wireless color laser jet pro mfp m477fnw. How can I make that happen so I can use the scanner. I have a HP Envy 17 Notebook pc

ShockomeRainelle, Sep 15, 2019
Thema:

HP Scan and Capture not working

1. HP Scan and Capture not working - Similar Threads - Scan Capture working

2. MiniDv tape capture not working...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MiniDv tape capture not working...: The title basically says it all. I have a firewire card in my PC and a firewire cable connected into it and the other end connected to my sony dsr PD170. I go on premiere pro and try to import the footage but the software just freezes for some reason, but goes back to normal...
  3. HP 6500 Officejet will print but not scan

HP 6500 Officejet will print but not scan: I uninstalled and reinstalled the printer due to the fact that it would print but not scan. I can now print again but do not have the Device Manager to test scanning...
  4. Scan App not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scan App not Working: I changed printers and cannot change the printer to the new one. I have uninstalled the app and no luck. The drop down screens for printer, flatbed, and type of file do not even show up. Am attaching an image of the screen. Any help would be helpful as I have lots of...
  5. Hp printer prints but doesn't scan

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hp printer prints but doesn't scan: My Hp printer prints any file, photo, but doesn't scan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-printer-prints-but-doesnt-scan/4836ff7f-2d31-4c5e-844b-ca612cd81524
  6. scanning software for my HP printer

scanning software for my HP printer: How do I download scanning software for my HP printer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanning-software-for-my-hp-printer/1e029b2a-8643-42cf-b588-a0b15987e552
  7. Working While Scanning

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Working While Scanning: Can I, or should I, continue working while Windows Defender is running a full scan on my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/working-while-scanning/0a233c85-6b04-4bd8-830a-353adbcdf93e
  8. WHAT'S THE DIFFRENCE BETWEEN "Capture-CustomImage" and "Capture-Image" WHILE CAPTURING...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WHAT'S THE DIFFRENCE BETWEEN "Capture-CustomImage" and "Capture-Image" WHILE CAPTURING...: sometimes some users used the commands with Dism.exe /Capture-CustomImage and with Dism.exe /Capture-Image i want to know what's the difference and when should use those two commands, explain with examples thanking you...
  9. My HP printer not scanning anymore

My HP printer not scanning anymore: My HP printer was scanning about a week ago. I didn't use it for a week now it says its not managing to the computer?? whats up with that? Joe Russo 37...
  10. hp officejet 6600; scan not working

hp officejet 6600; scan not working: The scan feature isn''t working. After pressing scan, computer, I get a msg saying "no computer found". have checked cable from computer to printer--- it seems fine. Printer will copy. Windows 10 was recently updated and I installed a new antivirus scanner....