Windows 10: HP scanner -all in one -not working with new laptop

Discus and support HP scanner -all in one -not working with new laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; New Dell Inspiron 7000 2-in-1 and HP scanner (all in one) Can't scan, but can see the preview on the screen? "Sorry it's not working properly,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mary Jane DiMichele, Jan 19, 2019.

1. HP scanner -all in one -not working with new laptop

New Dell Inspiron 7000 2-in-1 and HP scanner (all in one)

Can't scan, but can see the preview on the screen? "Sorry it's not working

properly, please try again"!!

Whaaat?!

Already tried Dell's "help"

:)

Mary Jane DiMichele, Jan 19, 2019
  2. SuzyQ_835 Win User

My HP scanner is not working

Add me to the ever increasing list of people with Windows 10/HP Scanner issues. My HP All-in-One is model 7600. I, too, have spent hours and hours trying the above methods and some. To no avail. Printer works, fax works but scanner cannot find my HP
    laptop and laptop cannot detect the scanner. Absolute frustration. Do something folks!!!

SuzyQ_835, Jan 19, 2019
  3. Fingerprint Scanner Not Working

Hello Gary,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

To resolve this issue try the following steps:

• Have you updated the driver for the Finger Print scanner? If not, check on the manufacturer’s website (HP).

• Check if installing the latest driver of the fingerprint scanner allows you to login using a Microsoft Account?

This issue might occur due to driver incompatibility since upgrading to Windows 10.

If you have the raw executable file of the corresponding driver for the validity sensor, I would suggest you to install the downloaded driver file in compatible mode with Windows 7 or 8. Refer to the following steps to do so.

• Right click on the driver, and click on Properties.

• Go to the Compatibility tab.

• Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for:

• Select Windows 7 in the list of Operating systems.

• Click OK.

• Double-click the driver file to install the driver and follow the onscreen instructions.

• Reboot your computer.

Hope the above steps help.

Thank you.

Mohan Suryanarayan, Jan 19, 2019
  4. JennMJT Win User

HP scanner -all in one -not working with new laptop

New HP laptop - Printer works, scanner does not (all-in-one HP)

The WIA is running on automatic. I had checked that earlier as it was mentioned in another troubleshooting article I was reading. There is an error that comes up saying the HP imaging device can not be found. Then it gives me a list of steps to try, none
    of which worked. There is a code of some sort at the bottom 8, [ (1, 0, -2147221502)]

Something I just thought of and maybe it has nothing to do with it but could the device itself be defaulting to the ASUS for some reason? I can open the ASUS and scan no problem, the HP not at all. I
    don't want to mess with the ASUS though because I need the scanning feature and if it is working there it needs to continue working!

JennMJT, Jan 19, 2019
Thema:

HP scanner -all in one -not working with new laptop

1. HP scanner -all in one -not working with new laptop - Similar Threads - scanner working laptop

2. All-in-one scanner will not work after upgrade.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    All-in-one scanner will not work after upgrade.: I upgraded my laptop and have the all-in-one printer/scanner. I downloaded and installed the driver from Epson support site; however, scanner doesn't work. Error message states it cannot communicate with scanner....
  3. All-in-one scanner will not work after upgrade.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All-in-one scanner will not work after upgrade.: I upgraded my laptop and have the all-in-one printer/scanner. I downloaded and installed the driver from Epson support site; however, scanner doesn't work. Error message states it cannot communicate with scanner....
  4. All-in-one scanner will not work after upgrade.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Fingerprint scanner on HP Spectre laptop not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Fingerprint scanner on HP Spectre laptop not working: The fingerprint scanner is not working on my laptop. It was fine yesterday, however now the option is not there. When I go to the sign in options in settings it says that "We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint." The laptop is less...
  6. HP 4360 All In One Printer/Fax/Scanner

HP 4360 All In One Printer/Fax/Scanner: Every time there is a Windows Update, my printer stops working. The light is on "but nobody home" - does any one know how to fix this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-4360-all-in-one-printerfaxscanner/2f414553-e622-42b0-8420-e33f09f90144
  7. All in One printer /scanner

All in One printer /scanner: Ihave an Epson All in One printer scanner that is installed on my pc correctly and i am able to print anything just fine . However Windows is not recognising my scanner at all . Any suggestions ?...
  8. HP Officejet J4580 ALL-IN-ONE scanner not working

HP Officejet J4580 ALL-IN-ONE scanner not working: Scanner stopped working, says WIA driver missing?? Running Win10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-officejet-j4580-all-in-one-scanner-not-working/28b6f4c2-bcdb-4e5a-aa8f-8be881454b98
  9. Where is my all-in-one HP device scanner?

Where is my all-in-one HP device scanner?: I used the scanner a few hours ago, but it is now greyed out on the file menu in classic paint. Also, under "add a device", why is there no scanner shown?...
  10. Unable to connect to scanner in all-in-one HP printer

Unable to connect to scanner in all-in-one HP printer: I can't seem to connect to my scanner in my all-in-one HP OfficeJet Pro 8710. I go to Settings>Printers and select my printer and click Manage. When I click Open scanner, nada. Any suggestions? Thanks! cfw...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. scanjet 4500c win10

2. scanner is not working on Dell laptop