Windows 10: HP Scanner Sucks. HP 400 / 425dn.

Discus and support HP Scanner Sucks. HP 400 / 425dn. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; 18363.720 I have a MfP / HP 400 / 425dn. It has been a GREAT pc of hardware only requiring cleaning and one piece had to be repaired. Can't remember... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ChrisPbass, Mar 27, 2020.

1. HP Scanner Sucks. HP 400 / 425dn.

I have a MfP / HP 400 / 425dn. It has been a GREAT pc of hardware only requiring cleaning and one piece had to be repaired. Can't remember what it was.

It was used with w7 as a scanner at time and it worked fine. Now with W10 it sucks. In order to get even a decent scan you have to CRANK every possible setting and even then it's not very good.
    I have used the HP Scan utility, Windows scan utility and Adobe Acrobat. They are not good enough for business use.
    Once again, I used to use it with W7 at default settings and quality was never even a thought.

Completely up to date, cleaning it does not help.

thoughts?

:)

ChrisPbass, Mar 27, 2020
  2. S_and_S Win User

hp scanner won't recognize hp computer

Here is
    HP Customer Support for HP Scanners
    . Note that the first step is to identify your product.

S_and_S, Mar 27, 2020
  3. SuzyQ_835 Win User
    My HP scanner is not working

Add me to the ever increasing list of people with Windows 10/HP Scanner issues. My HP All-in-One is model 7600. I, too, have spent hours and hours trying the above methods and some. To no avail. Printer works, fax works but scanner cannot find my HP
    laptop and laptop cannot detect the scanner. Absolute frustration. Do something folks!!!

SuzyQ_835, Mar 27, 2020
  4. HP Scanner Sucks. HP 400 / 425dn.

hp scanner won't recognize hp computer

Hello PatrickHenderson1, my name is Irisdiel and I am an independent advisor.

I suggest you follow the steps down below as they may help you with your issue which was provided by HP support for Windows.

Step 1:

- Run the Print and Scan Doctor

-Download and run HP Print and Scan Doctor to automatically diagnose and resolve printer hardware and connection issues.

-After the Print and Scan Doctor opens, click Fix Scanning to test your scanner, and then follow any instructions to resolve the issue.

-Try to scan. If the error persists, continue to the next step.

Step 2:

-Uninstall and reinstall the printer software

-Resolve scan connection issues by uninstalling the printer software before reinstalling the latest driver.

-NOTE: Do not disconnect the printer from the network when uninstalling the software.

-Disconnect the USB cable from the printer, if necessary.

-In Windows, search for and open Control Panel.

-Under Programs or Programs and Features, click Uninstall a program to open the list of installed programs.

-Click the HP printer name to open the uninstall confirmation window, and then click Yes to complete the software removal.

-Make sure the printer is turned on, cartridges are installed, and plain paper is loaded in the main tray.

-Go to 123.hp.com. This guided service automatically locates the correct print driver or app for your computer operating system version.

-Follow the instructions to download and install the driver or app. During the installation, select HP Smart or the full software option to get the most out of your HP printer, and then follow the steps to set up the printer connection.

Try to scan. If the error persists, continue to the next step.

Step 3:

-Check Windows Image Acquisition settings

-Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) is a Windows service that helps communication between the computer and scanners. If WIA is not activated, scan jobs can fail.

-In Windows, search for and open View local services.

-In the Services window, scroll down the list and find Windows Image Acquisition (WIA).

-Look at the Status and Startup Type values.

-If the status is Started or Running and the Startup Type is Automatic, WIA is running correctly. Skip to the next step.

-Making sure WIA Status is Running and Startup Type is Automatic

-If the status is Disabled or no status displays, right-click Windows Image Acquisition (WIA), click Properties, click the General tab, select Automatic from the Startup type dropdown menu, and then click Start.

-If the Start button is grayed out, go back to the Services menu, make sure Remote Procedure Call, Shell Hardware Detection, RPC Endpoint Mapper, and DCOM Server -Process Launcher is running and set as Automatic, and then start WIA.

-Try to scan. If the error persists, continue to the next step.

Step 4:

- Troubleshoot the printer connection

-At this point, the printer is probably not connected to your network or computer. Troubleshoot your printer connection type.

HP Printers - Troubleshoot a Wi-Fi Printer Connection | HP® Customer Support

HP Printers - Troubleshooting a Wired Printer Connection | HP® Customer Support

Hope these methods help.

Thank you and good luck,

Regards- .

Irisdiel H, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

HP Scanner Sucks. HP 400 / 425dn.

1. HP Scanner Sucks. HP 400 / 425dn. - Similar Threads - Scanner Sucks 400

2. Hp fingerprint scanner

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hp fingerprint scanner: I opened my Hp laptop and put my finger on the scanner and It didn't work.So I removed the fingerprint password and when I set it up again it says put fingerprint on the the reader but when I put it on It does nothing.Its enabled in device manager and I tried uninstalling and...
  3. hp 8600 scanner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hp 8600 scanner: I want to scan documents to a PDF file. scanner works with Microsoft scanner ap but pdf file is not an option. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-8600-scanner/bc4bd016-cf48-4bf6-a4b0-b1d74cf7ff57
  4. HP Scanner

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HP Scanner: When I scan multiple pages of a document, each page is its own document. The scanner is an HP CEDC3A Office Jet Pro 9010. How can I scan a multiple page document to be saved as one document? Thanks MSFT Community....
  5. HP scanner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP scanner: We got a new computer. Our multipurpose wireless printer, an HP ENVY 4520, will print, but we can't get the scanner to scan anything. How do we get the scanner to work and be recognized by our Dell computer? Thanks...
  6. scanner with HP 8740

scanner with HP 8740: scanner only creates jpeg or other image; I need PDF; using windows fax and scan with HP 8740 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanner-with-hp-8740/7f455b8f-0c3e-4c98-978f-e265cbacb227
  7. hp b6 scanner

hp b6 scanner: hi my scanner can no long scan. it continues to show the scanning roll but it can not yield results. even cancelling the scan, it does not complete the cancl however this device can still print, and photocopy. is the scanner damaged or...
  8. hp scanner won't recognize hp computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    hp scanner won't recognize hp computer: Last month I was able to scan documents from my HP printer/scanner to my HP computer via Bluetooth, but now, the printer refuses to recognize the computer. How can I force the scanner to recognize the computer. I tried to enable to printer under the Settings option on my...
  9. HP Scanner (with HP Printer 8600)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HP Scanner (with HP Printer 8600): Cannot save from my scanner to computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-scanner-with-hp-printer-8600/0d9855eb-7b8f-4c82-856b-e1356bf7e71d
  10. HP 3755 Scanner

HP 3755 Scanner: how to enable scanner on hp 3755 [Original Title:scanner] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/hp-3755-scanner/146b19bf-da5b-4007-8542-0e049a88c9fc