Windows 10: HP scanner

Discus and support HP scanner in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; We got a new computer. Our multipurpose wireless printer, an HP ENVY 4520, will print, but we can't get the scanner to scan anything. How do we get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GailieL, Feb 13, 2020.

1. GailieL Win User

HP scanner

We got a new computer. Our multipurpose wireless printer, an HP ENVY 4520, will print, but we can't get the scanner to scan anything. How do we get the scanner to work and be recognized by our Dell computer?

Thanks

:)

GailieL, Feb 13, 2020
  2. S_and_S Win User

hp scanner won't recognize hp computer

Here is
    HP Customer Support for HP Scanners
    . Note that the first step is to identify your product.

S_and_S, Feb 13, 2020
  3. Scanner

Hi JSmith,

Your scanner should be installed first in order for your computer to recognize it. Since you're using a printer/scanner in one, you need to add or install the device as a printer and as a scanner. Make sure that the printer is properly connected to your
    computer and is turned on when you try to install it. Follow these steps:

• Click Start > Settings > Devices.
    • Under Add printers & scanners, click the + sign and select
      Add device.

Once added, try checking if you're able to scan. If your computer still doesn't detect the scanner, then we suggest that you get in touch with HP Support for further assistance.

Feel free to let us know if you need more information.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 13, 2020
  4. HP scanner

Fingerprint Scanner Not Working

Hello Gary,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

To resolve this issue try the following steps:

• Have you updated the driver for the Finger Print scanner? If not, check on the manufacturer’s website (HP).

• Check if installing the latest driver of the fingerprint scanner allows you to login using a Microsoft Account?

This issue might occur due to driver incompatibility since upgrading to Windows 10.

If you have the raw executable file of the corresponding driver for the validity sensor, I would suggest you to install the downloaded driver file in compatible mode with Windows 7 or 8. Refer to the following steps to do so.

• Right click on the driver, and click on Properties.

• Go to the Compatibility tab.

• Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for:

• Select Windows 7 in the list of Operating systems.

• Click OK.

• Double-click the driver file to install the driver and follow the onscreen instructions.

• Reboot your computer.

Hope the above steps help.

Thank you.

Mohan Suryanarayan, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

HP scanner

1. HP scanner - Similar Threads - scanner

2. HP officejet printer connected to PC but scanner did not. How do I connect scanner?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP officejet printer connected to PC but scanner did not. How do I connect scanner?: I connected my HP officejet 8025 all-in-one printer to my PC with Windows 11, but the scanner did not connect. How do I connect the scanner?...
  3. HP officejet printer connected to PC but scanner did not. How do I connect scanner?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP officejet printer connected to PC but scanner did not. How do I connect scanner?: I connected my HP officejet 8025 all-in-one printer to my PC with Windows 11, but the scanner did not connect. How do I connect the scanner?...
  4. Window Safety Scanner Stuck after full scan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window Safety Scanner Stuck after full scan: Hi, I run my window safety scanner this morning and it found infected files alot, then after it scanned all the drives, it showed me like this and keep stuck here. my computer been scanned by malwarebytes anf iobit protection but showed nothing malware files or trojan before...
  5. Window Safety Scanner Stuck after full scan

Window Safety Scanner Stuck after full scan: Hi, I run my window safety scanner this morning and it found infected files alot, then after it scanned all the drives, it showed me like this and keep stuck here. my computer been scanned by malwarebytes anf iobit protection but showed nothing malware files or trojan before...
  6. Brother Printer & Scanner MFC-J6510DW

Brother Printer & Scanner MFC-J6510DW: My Brothers printer and scanner No. MFC-J6510DW. I am able to print a document but not able to scan a document. This is a new laptop which does not show the scan function. How do I get this to work?...
  7. Brother Printer & Scanner MFC-J6510DW

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brother Printer & Scanner MFC-J6510DW: My Brothers printer and scanner No. MFC-J6510DW. I am able to print a document but not able to scan a document. This is a new laptop which does not show the scan function. How do I get this to work?...
  8. installing a scanner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    installing a scanner: installing a scanner https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-a-scanner/2317d87c-8f7c-4c75-bd72-4179e57f5318
  9. installing a scanner

installing a scanner: installing a scanner https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-a-scanner/2317d87c-8f7c-4c75-bd72-4179e57f5318
  10. Continuous PDF's run together with my new scanner, how do I get a new Canon LiDE 400...

Continuous PDF's run together with my new scanner, how do I get a new Canon LiDE 400...: Continuous PDF's run together with my new scanner, how do I get a new Canon LiDE 400 compatible driver for my new windows 11 PC??This also happened with an HP all in One printer/scanner and Epson scanner which both have been returned....