Windows 10: HP SMART app - crash

Discus and support HP SMART app - crash in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I click on desktop icon, HPSmart, it opens for 3 seconds then closes again, i can't access it for scanning a document i need to load on my computer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BlairThompson1, Nov 13, 2018.

1. HP SMART app - crash

I click on desktop icon, HPSmart, it opens for 3 seconds then closes again, i can't access it for scanning a document i need to load on my computer.

***Title changed from: HP SMART***

:)

BlairThompson1, Nov 13, 2018
  2. S-Faire Win User

HP SMART App crashed and I can't uninstall it

HP SMART app crashed/stopped working on my HP Envy 360 running Windows 10. It won't Uninstall, either through the "Settings" panel, or from the Task Bar tile. Can someone please tell me how to manually excise this tumor from my machine?

S-Faire, Nov 13, 2018
  3. HP smart photo

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• What is the Model number of this HP system?

This issue might be due to the compatibility reasons. So I suggest you install Hp media smart program or app in compatibility mode and check.

I want you install the hp smart menu from the link given below and then run the program in compatibility mode.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&softwareitem=ob-80442-1

To run the program in compatibility mode follow the link and instructions mentioned in the link.

Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

I suggest you perform a clean boot and try transferring the data
    . Setting the system in a clean boot state will help to identify if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Warning: After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link
    to return your computer to Normal startup mode.

Hope the information helps.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Nov 13, 2018
  4. peach1971 Win User

HP SMART app - crash

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Nov 13, 2018
Thema:

HP SMART app - crash

1. HP SMART app - crash - Similar Threads - SMART app crash

2. Can't reinstall HP Smart app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't reinstall HP Smart app: This is not the first time I asked this question. The last time someone said they would look into it and get back to me or present the issue to more advanced users but I never heard another word and now the problem has become much worse.I was working from home and had the HP...
  3. Can't reinstall HP Smart app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't reinstall HP Smart app: This is not the first time I asked this question. The last time someone said they would look into it and get back to me or present the issue to more advanced users but I never heard another word and now the problem has become much worse.I was working from home and had the HP...
  4. Can't reinstall HP Smart app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Installing HP Smart App on PC

Installing HP Smart App on PC: Hi,I have been trying to install the HP Smart App on my PC but the install keeps failing and providing the following code "Code: 0x80070002"I am not tech savvy and have tried everything that I can think of, but nothing is working. I also note that it says that the problem is...
  6. Microsoft store - HP Smart App

Microsoft store - HP Smart App: Hi,Wondering if I can get assistance on an issue with downloading the HP Smart App from the Microsoft store. I recently got a new printer, and as part of the set up process I'm required to download the HP Smart App. However, when directed to Microsoft store to install the...
  7. HP Smart smart app uninstalled

HP Smart smart app uninstalled: Hello I have uninstalled the HP Smart app from my PC and I want to install a app to use in printer to scan the HP app goes through the complete installation but at the end it still wants me to install HP Smart I have 2 different printers I use 1 a HP LaserJet printer only...
  8. HP Smart App won't download

HP Smart App won't download: I tried to reinstall the app, but after about 1MB of download it gives me an error with the code 0x80073D0D. I once had it installed, but after replacing my hard drives some microsoft store apps went missing. I was able to reinstall all without problems, except this one....
  9. hp smart app

hp smart app: I am unable to install hp smart app from Store. It was not scanning so I deleted it and now I cannot reload it. When I click on install it says "you already own this app" and then does nothing. I have tried looking for it on HP page but I just keep getting sent back to MS...
  10. HP Smart app will not download

HP Smart app will not download: I need to get the HP Smart app to run my new printer but it will not download, it says starting download but nothing else is happening. I have tried restarting the computer and logging out of the Microsoft store but every time I restart and go to the store it says the HP App...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp smart app crashing

2. disable hp smart adapter pop up

3. hp smart crashing windows