Windows 10: HP Smart App download stuck on 'Starting Download'

Discus and support HP Smart App download stuck on 'Starting Download' in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I am trying to download the HP Smart app from the windows store, however it doesn't get past 'Starting Download' when installing. I tried a few random... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by JonathanDyke, Jun 4, 2019.

1. HP Smart App download stuck on 'Starting Download'

I am trying to download the HP Smart app from the windows store, however it doesn't get past 'Starting Download' when installing. I tried a few random apps on the store and they all downloaded fine so I don't know why it is just HP Smart which fails to download. I have already tried running wsreset.exe and checking anti-virus/firewalls, plus I tried creating a brand new microsoft account but they didn't change anything.

:)

JonathanDyke, Jun 4, 2019
  2. Junaid_A Win User

HP SMART app - crash

Hi Blair,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• Were there any changes made on the computer prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, you may try the troubleshooting steps listed in the articles listed below and check if it works:

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jun 4, 2019
  3. Unable to install apps Stuck at Starting Download

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1

I suggest you to run Windows Store Apps troubleshooter and check if it fixes the issues.
    Follow these steps to run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X on the keyboard.
    • Click on Control panel.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Control panel search box.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on View all.
    • Click on Windows Store Apps troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.
    Method 2

You may try to reset the Windows Store cache and check. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R to open run window.
    • Type wsreset.exe.
    • Press OK.
    Method 3

Check if the Date, time and Time zone is set correct.

Follow the steps to set the date and time:

• Right Click on System Tray.
    • Click Adjust date and time button.
    • Click Change to save the date and time.
    Note: Click on the Time Zone tab to check the Time Zone.

Also refer:

Attempts to download apps from the Store are stuck at “Pending”

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jun 4, 2019
  4. John Vil Win User

HP Smart App download stuck on 'Starting Download'

Windows Store App stuck downloading but when refreshed changes amount downloaded.

Hi,

One possible reason why your download is stuck may be due to a corrupted file. We suggest that you try the following steps below:

Method 1: Sign out/sign in

• Open the Windows Store app.
    • Click on the account logo in the upper-right corner of the app, then click on your account name.
    • Click on you account name in the new box, then click Sign out.
    • Click on the icon in the upper-right corner again, then click Sign in and choose your account name again.

Method 2: Reset Windows Store cache

• Click Start, then type wsreset and select wsreset.
    • When the Store app opens, see if your downloads are working.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Jun 4, 2019
Thema:

HP Smart App download stuck on 'Starting Download'

1. HP Smart App download stuck on 'Starting Download' - Similar Threads - Smart App download

2. I can't download the HP Smart app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't download the HP Smart app: Hi! I uninstalled the HP Smart app but when I tried to install it again, it keeps on getting an error and it won't let me download the app. I tried all the solutions I saw from here but it didn't work at all....
  3. I can't download the HP Smart app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't download the HP Smart app: Hi! I uninstalled the HP Smart app but when I tried to install it again, it keeps on getting an error and it won't let me download the app. I tried all the solutions I saw from here but it didn't work at all....
  4. Cannot re-download HP Smart app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot re-download HP Smart app: I have previously downloaded the HP Smart app. However, it was having a huge number of issues. I had tried all other troubleshooting options before having to resort to uninstalling and reinstalling it. It is now stuck at 4% downloaded and refuses to download any more. I have...
  5. Cannot re-download HP Smart app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot re-download HP Smart app: I have previously downloaded the HP Smart app. However, it was having a huge number of issues. I had tried all other troubleshooting options before having to resort to uninstalling and reinstalling it. It is now stuck at 4% downloaded and refuses to download any more. I have...
  6. Cannot re-download HP Smart app

7. App Stuck at "Starting Download"

App Stuck at "Starting Download": After attempting to "Get" an app from the Microsoft Store, it has been stuck at "Starting Download" for several days. I am not sure where to go to remove it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-stuck-at-starting-download/17a14ea3-5198-4faf-8187-64728bd59b1c
  8. HP Smart App won't download

HP Smart App won't download: I tried to reinstall the app, but after about 1MB of download it gives me an error with the code 0x80073D0D. I once had it installed, but after replacing my hard drives some microsoft store apps went missing. I was able to reinstall all without problems, except this one....
  9. [URGENT] Microsoft Store won't download HP Smart. It gets stuck on "Starting download..."....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [URGENT] Microsoft Store won't download HP Smart. It gets stuck on "Starting download..."....: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/YourFriendlyYeetboi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k7ckmi/urgent_microsoft_store_wont_download_hp_smart_it/
  10. HP Smart app will not download

HP Smart app will not download: I need to get the HP Smart app to run my new printer but it will not download, it says starting download but nothing else is happening. I have tried restarting the computer and logging out of the Microsoft store but every time I restart and go to the store it says the HP App...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp smart app download stuck on starting download

2. hp smart stuck on starting download

3. HP smart cannot download from microsoft store

4. hp smart stuck in starting download