Windows 10: HP Smart app will not download

Discus and support HP Smart app will not download in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I need to get the HP Smart app to run my new printer but it will not download, it says starting download but nothing else is happening. I have tried... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by MatthewFindlay1, Jun 14, 2020.

1. HP Smart app will not download

I need to get the HP Smart app to run my new printer but it will not download, it says starting download but nothing else is happening. I have tried restarting the computer and logging out of the Microsoft store but every time I restart and go to the store it says the HP App is starting download.

:)

MatthewFindlay1, Jun 14, 2020
  2. Junaid_A Win User

HP SMART app - crash

Hi Blair,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• Were there any changes made on the computer prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, you may try the troubleshooting steps listed in the articles listed below and check if it works:

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jun 14, 2020
  3. Graeme.P Win User
    HP smart ap

Hi Chris, I'm Graeme, an independent adviser here to help.

I've seen this problem before, and here are the steps that worked to make HP Smart work again:

- Uninstall the app through Apps & Features.

- Install it again using this link:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/hp-smart/9wzd...

- Reboot your PC.

- Try running the app.

If it doesn't work, see if you can use compatibility mode with it:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/15078/...

Otherwise, please let me know how you go! Thanks!

Graeme.P, Jun 14, 2020
  4. HP Smart app will not download

HP smart photo

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• What is the Model number of this HP system?

This issue might be due to the compatibility reasons. So I suggest you install Hp media smart program or app in compatibility mode and check.

I want you install the hp smart menu from the link given below and then run the program in compatibility mode.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&softwareitem=ob-80442-1

To run the program in compatibility mode follow the link and instructions mentioned in the link.

Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

I suggest you perform a clean boot and try transferring the data
    . Setting the system in a clean boot state will help to identify if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Warning: After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link
    to return your computer to Normal startup mode.

Hope the information helps.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

HP Smart app will not download

1. HP Smart app will not download - Similar Threads - Smart app download

2. I can't download the HP Smart app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't download the HP Smart app: Hi! I uninstalled the HP Smart app but when I tried to install it again, it keeps on getting an error and it won't let me download the app. I tried all the solutions I saw from here but it didn't work at all....
  3. I can't download the HP Smart app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't download the HP Smart app: Hi! I uninstalled the HP Smart app but when I tried to install it again, it keeps on getting an error and it won't let me download the app. I tried all the solutions I saw from here but it didn't work at all....
  4. Cannot re-download HP Smart app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot re-download HP Smart app: I have previously downloaded the HP Smart app. However, it was having a huge number of issues. I had tried all other troubleshooting options before having to resort to uninstalling and reinstalling it. It is now stuck at 4% downloaded and refuses to download any more. I have...
  5. Cannot re-download HP Smart app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot re-download HP Smart app: I have previously downloaded the HP Smart app. However, it was having a huge number of issues. I had tried all other troubleshooting options before having to resort to uninstalling and reinstalling it. It is now stuck at 4% downloaded and refuses to download any more. I have...
  6. Cannot re-download HP Smart app

7. HP Smart smart app uninstalled

HP Smart smart app uninstalled: Hello I have uninstalled the HP Smart app from my PC and I want to install a app to use in printer to scan the HP app goes through the complete installation but at the end it still wants me to install HP Smart I have 2 different printers I use 1 a HP LaserJet printer only...
  8. HP Smart App won't download

HP Smart App won't download: I tried to reinstall the app, but after about 1MB of download it gives me an error with the code 0x80073D0D. I once had it installed, but after replacing my hard drives some microsoft store apps went missing. I was able to reinstall all without problems, except this one....
  9. hp smart app

hp smart app: I am unable to install hp smart app from Store. It was not scanning so I deleted it and now I cannot reload it. When I click on install it says "you already own this app" and then does nothing. I have tried looking for it on HP page but I just keep getting sent back to MS...
  10. HP Smart App download stuck on 'Starting Download'

HP Smart App download stuck on 'Starting Download': I am trying to download the HP Smart app from the windows store, however it doesn't get past 'Starting Download' when installing. I tried a few random apps on the store and they all downloaded fine so I don't know why it is just HP Smart which fails to download. I have...