Windows 10: HP Spectre pin won't work

Discus and support HP Spectre pin won't work in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi its Jenny here. I have an hp spectre. I was using my computer fine and then when I came back the keyboard and mouse wouldn't work so I unplugged all... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by JennyGlas, Dec 7, 2020.

1. JennyGlas Win User

HP Spectre pin won't work

Hi its Jenny here. I have an hp spectre. I was using my computer fine and then when I came back the keyboard and mouse wouldn't work so I unplugged all the monitors and restarted my computer. Once it restarted the facial recognition wouldn't work it just keeps prompting me to enter my Pin code. It will not recognize the PIN and I know its correct. I've tried everything that I've located online but no luck. Is there anything I can do before resetting it?

:)

JennyGlas, Dec 7, 2020

2. HP x360 Spectre Windows Hello No Longer Working

Thanks for the suggestion. For reference (for people coming after me trying to find a solution), the steps Lee is suggesting are as follows:

• Device Security > Security Processor Details > Security Processor Troubleshooting > Clear TPM
    Appreciate the help, Lee, but resetting the TPM using the process above didn't work. All it did was make me reset my PIN and sign in again via my Microsoft account. As I mentioned in my initial post, I have an HP Spectre
    x360 Convertible 13-ae0xx, so I've been using the drivers found here:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-spectre-13-ae000-x360-convertible-pc/16779579

Also as I mentioned, the latest drivers are installed - that's always my first go-to solution (other than turning it off and on again! HP Spectre pin won't work :) ).

Any other suggestions?

MarshallHunt25, Dec 7, 2020
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Dec 7, 2020
  4. Xjoejoex Win User

Hp laptop screen won’t display except occasionally

HP Spectre pin won't work [​IMG]

I would like to note that step 20 comes up with no files. Perhaps this could be the source of the issues?

Xjoejoex, Dec 7, 2020
Thema:

1. HP Spectre pin won't work - Similar Threads - Spectre pin won't

2. Windows 10 HP Spectre won't boot into safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 HP Spectre won't boot into safe mode: I am trying to boot into safe mode, but when I get the options screen for a restart and after it restarts, it's just a blank screen. I cannot get further than that. My PC starts normally, but I would like to get into safe mode. Please help....
  3. Windows 10 HP Spectre won't boot into safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 HP Spectre won't boot into safe mode: I am trying to boot into safe mode, but when I get the options screen for a restart and after it restarts, it's just a blank screen. I cannot get further than that. My PC starts normally, but I would like to get into safe mode. Please help....
  4. Windows 10 HP Spectre won't boot into safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. No Audio on HP Spectre

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Audio on HP Spectre: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/wt0ib9w6u2l51.png?width=1551&format=png&auto=webp&s=88186ac9a430148badc89786fa5c768d479c20af When turning on I noticed a red cross against the volume icon in the taskbar. When running the troubleshooter, I get two errors (as pictured)....
  6. Fingerprint scanner on HP Spectre laptop not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Fingerprint scanner on HP Spectre laptop not working: The fingerprint scanner is not working on my laptop. It was fine yesterday, however now the option is not there. When I go to the sign in options in settings it says that "We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint." The laptop is less...
  7. HP Spectre x360

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP Spectre x360: I installed Outbyte PCRepair on my laptop, and after running, it turned off my laptop to reboot. Now my screen is black and will not turn on, but the laptop turns on. I have tried to reinstall by holding down windows key, B, and power for 1-3 sec. It runs through the...
  8. Hp Spectre flickers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hp Spectre flickers: My laptop specs are: HP Spectre x360 - 15-bl112dx Intel Core i-7 8550U CPU Display Adapters: IntelR UHD Graphics 620 NVIDIA GeForce MX150 ImageLink: https://imgur.com/7ep8hGL My screen keeps flickering like this whenever there is a change in display which is either when...
  9. no camera on HP Spectre

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no camera on HP Spectre: My HP Spectre laptop has the camera issue that has been discussed a lot on this forum. My issue is that it doesn't even show up in the device manager. And when I go to the camera app, the uninstall bar is grayed out. I am at a loss on how to get my camera. I have even done a...
  10. Bluetooth no longer working on HP Spectre laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth no longer working on HP Spectre laptop: Sometime in the last couple of weeks Bluetooth stopped working on my laptop. There is no longer a switch to turn it on. Here's what I've tried: - Running the Bluetooth Troubleshooter (it claims the laptop is not Bluetooth compatible) - Checking "Hidden Devices" in Device...