Windows 10: HP Spetre won't start after System Restore

Discus and support HP Spetre won't start after System Restore in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; hi, hope some technical geeks can read my post and give me some help! Thanks! I use a HP Spectre but recently I saw a lot pop-ups so I decided to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Daisy G., Jul 25, 2020.

1. Daisy G. Win User

HP Spetre won't start after System Restore

hi, hope some technical geeks can read my post and give me some help! Thanks!

I use a HP Spectre but recently I saw a lot pop-ups so I decided to give it a System Restore. I chose the restore point and let the laptop run. When I came back later, I saw black screen, so I took it granted that System Restore was completed and pressed the Power button to turn it on. Yet it showed a message "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart...." After 100% was completed, the laptop was powered off.

And this cycle goes on and on, but the laptop could never start and run properly.

Can anybody help please?

Thank you!

D.

:)

Daisy G., Jul 25, 2020
  2. Mark Ole Win User

Missing icons / buttons after System Restore

Hi Terrie,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try to undo the restore or pick another restore point.

Please follow these steps to access system restore:

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, and then select Control Panel.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Jul 25, 2020
  3. Tranbol Win User
    No bluetooth after system restore

Thank you for your reply.

I mean I have used a Windows system restore point. I tried restoring bluetooth with commands in CMD (sfc/scannow; DISM /Online.....) and by updating and uninstalling devices in the device manager. Update did not work. Uninstalling bluetooth devices made Bluetooth disappear out of the hidden devices list.
    All my steps I took worked but did not change anything in my bluetooth device list.

I am using the bluetooth of my mainboard. MSI Z370M Gaming Pro AC
    My guess would be, that disabling the bluetooth network adapter before using a system restore point, disabled Bluetooth after using the system restore point.

In the device manager I get this message in the USB Device list for a unknown USB Device:
    Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)
    A request for the USB device descriptor failed.

Tranbol, Jul 25, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

system restore won't restore

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to perform system restore by going to safe mode and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below.

• In login screen at the bottom right corner select
      restart
      the system by press and hold Shift key.

• Under choose an option select Troubleshooting.

• Select advanced option.

• Select System restore and check if it helps.
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jul 25, 2020
Thema:

1. HP Spetre won't start after System Restore - Similar Threads - Spetre won't start

2. Google Chrome won't install after system restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google Chrome won't install after system restore: Hello. I have Windows 10 and my default browser was Google Chrome. There was some issue with my computer so i did a system restore. After system restore, I can't find my Google Chrome icon. Went to ALL PROGRAMS and i can't find Chrome there.Now, i'm trying to re-install...
  3. Google Chrome won't install after system restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Chrome won't install after system restore: Hello. I have Windows 10 and my default browser was Google Chrome. There was some issue with my computer so i did a system restore. After system restore, I can't find my Google Chrome icon. Went to ALL PROGRAMS and i can't find Chrome there.Now, i'm trying to re-install...
  4. Google Chrome won't install after system restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. My Phone App won't connect after System Restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Phone App won't connect after System Restore: "We can't connect to your phone" is the error I'm getting now, since I did a system image restore back to Oct 2019's full image backup. My Galaxy Note 10+ is connected to the same MS account as my PC. My phone is connected to the same LAN wi-fi domain as my PC. I've gone...
  6. Windows 10 won't start after failed restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 won't start after failed restore: Hello. I have a laptop with windows 10. I tried to restore Windows because I was having a problem with the code windows immersive control panel cw5n1h2txyewy...All Windows functions had stopped like start menu, settings,task manager, storeetc and suddenly somewhere in 60% I...
  7. Windows won't start and I can't reboot or restore system.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows won't start and I can't reboot or restore system.: So yesterday I was using my laptop as usuall, nothing weird and y downloaded PlayStation Now (from Sony's official site), after I installed it an error popped in the screen and it said something like "this can be fixed reinstalling the program" like 10 minutes after that my...
  8. Trying a system restore and it won't complete

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Trying a system restore and it won't complete: I've tried a system restore twice now and it won't complete. It states that it's likely an antivirus stopping it. I only have windows defender (and free malwarebytes on demand which is not active). I disabled real time protection on Windows defender and cloud etc and still...
  9. System Restore won't restore

System Restore won't restore: I have a problem that is as insoluble (to me) as it is serious: System Restore seems broken. It exits with this less-than-helpful err msg: An unknown error occurred during system restore. (0x80070091). For completeness I took partial screen shots the whole way during my last...
  10. Windows won't start after system restore.

Windows won't start after system restore.: I installed latest updates on 1/10/2016 and when next started could not connect to the internet. Diagnostic check said there was a problem with network driver but on checking driver was up to date and working. Why wouldn't it be? Anyway I uninstalled updates and re-booted but...