Windows 10: HP SSD failure

Discus and support HP SSD failure in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just saw this article and thought it was worth throwing out here. Seems like it might be important, but I don’t know how much these particular... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jamis, Mar 25, 2020.

1. jamis Win User

HP SSD failure

jamis, Mar 25, 2020
  2. swarfega Win User

SSD Failure

Last year I replaced an aging hard drive in my Mum's pc with a slightly less aging OCZ Vertex 2 SSD.

This morning she was using the pc just fine then left it until this evening when it suddenly would not boot and reported sata drive failure.

Perhaps I shouldn't be too disappointed considering it was last generation technology.

What should be my first steps in diagnosing this fault? If the drive has failed I may as well suggest it be replaced with a more modern one which I'm sure has better longevity. I have an external drive reader which can take any sata device. This should allow me to see if the data is accessible.

In my own rig I have a Samsung 840 EVO 250 which has served me well so I may suggest she gets the same unless you guys have alternative suggestions.

swarfega, Mar 25, 2020
  3. WesKlatt Win User
    Upgrading HP SSD drive on HP 750-524

I purchased an HP Envy tower with a 128Gb SSD which is where Windows is installed, I have purchased a new 1TB SSD drive that I would like to replace the 128 GB drive with. My machine did not come with the Windows 10 Media, what steps do I need to take before
    I install the new drive and install windows.

• Where do I get the Windows 10 install
    • What steps are needed to create an Install disk
    • Do I have to deactivate my old install before removing the old drive.
    Please let me know if there are any other considerations.

Best Regards,

Wes

WesKlatt, Mar 25, 2020
  4. labeeman Win User

HP SSD failure

SSD Failure

Your SSD failed could be any number of things first I would re seat all cables on the drive. Second substitute another drive in the system and see if it shows up in BIOS or try the original drive in a another machine and see if the system can see the drive. The sata controller could also be bad on the mother board in that case no drive will work.

labeeman, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

HP SSD failure

1. HP SSD failure - Similar Threads - SSD failure

2. Can a SSD failure cause this?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can a SSD failure cause this?: I have a HP Notebook - 15-db0013nq and i decide to update all the drivers after installing Windows 10 pro.At the bios update Something went wrong i Don't remeber what error it showed at that moment,but now it shows this after that i google how to resolve the boot problem,i...
  3. Can a SSD failure cause this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can a SSD failure cause this?: I have a HP Notebook - 15-db0013nq and i decide to update all the drivers after installing Windows 10 pro.At the bios update Something went wrong i Don't remeber what error it showed at that moment,but now it shows this after that i google how to resolve the boot problem,i...
  4. Can a SSD failure cause this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. unable to format an ssd from bios or windows operating system failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to format an ssd from bios or windows operating system failure: few days ago we had a power outage and after that a bsod screen appeared, and still appears so i cant work with my os windows 11 for more than 2 minutes and any change i do eg delete an aplication or document does not takes any effect when the pc restarts. I ve been trying to...
  6. unable to format an ssd from bios or windows operating system failure

unable to format an ssd from bios or windows operating system failure: few days ago we had a power outage and after that a bsod screen appeared, and still appears so i cant work with my os windows 11 for more than 2 minutes and any change i do eg delete an aplication or document does not takes any effect when the pc restarts. I ve been trying to...
  7. Ssd failure

Ssd failure: How to fix ssd failure with only 1 ssd trying to keep my windows on this ssd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ssd-failure/8b785cb8-3e15-469b-a324-919f9abaf558
  8. Ssd failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Ssd failure: How to fix ssd failure with only 1 ssd trying to keep my windows on this ssd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ssd-failure/8b785cb8-3e15-469b-a324-919f9abaf558
  9. Ssd failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. User-Password Trouble After Full Restore From SSD Failure

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    User-Password Trouble After Full Restore From SSD Failure: I have several PCs running Windows 10 Pro. The SSD on one failed and I could not repair/restore so I h=downloaded the recovery file from MS to USB and eventually got windows 10 pro installed on new SSD. I selected did not have activation code and answered questions about my...