Windows 10: HP SSD failure

Discus and support HP SSD failure in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just saw this article and thought it was worth throwing out here. Seems like it might be important, but I don’t know how much these particular... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jamis, Mar 25, 2020.

1. jamis Win User

HP SSD failure

jamis, Mar 25, 2020
  2. swarfega Win User

SSD Failure

Last year I replaced an aging hard drive in my Mum's pc with a slightly less aging OCZ Vertex 2 SSD.

This morning she was using the pc just fine then left it until this evening when it suddenly would not boot and reported sata drive failure.

Perhaps I shouldn't be too disappointed considering it was last generation technology.

What should be my first steps in diagnosing this fault? If the drive has failed I may as well suggest it be replaced with a more modern one which I'm sure has better longevity. I have an external drive reader which can take any sata device. This should allow me to see if the data is accessible.

In my own rig I have a Samsung 840 EVO 250 which has served me well so I may suggest she gets the same unless you guys have alternative suggestions.

swarfega, Mar 25, 2020
  3. WesKlatt Win User
    Upgrading HP SSD drive on HP 750-524

I purchased an HP Envy tower with a 128Gb SSD which is where Windows is installed, I have purchased a new 1TB SSD drive that I would like to replace the 128 GB drive with. My machine did not come with the Windows 10 Media, what steps do I need to take before
    I install the new drive and install windows.

• Where do I get the Windows 10 install
    • What steps are needed to create an Install disk
    • Do I have to deactivate my old install before removing the old drive.
    Please let me know if there are any other considerations.

Best Regards,

Wes

WesKlatt, Mar 25, 2020
  4. labeeman Win User

HP SSD failure

SSD Failure

Your SSD failed could be any number of things first I would re seat all cables on the drive. Second substitute another drive in the system and see if it shows up in BIOS or try the original drive in a another machine and see if the system can see the drive. The sata controller could also be bad on the mother board in that case no drive will work.

labeeman, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

HP SSD failure

1. HP SSD failure - Similar Threads - SSD failure

2. BSODs leading to clean Windows install - still crashing, potential SSD failure? I'm lost

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODs leading to clean Windows install - still crashing, potential SSD failure? I'm lost: Hello, I've seen a couple of threads on here that share similarities to mine so I am hoping somebody will be able to help. I have a Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro - Intel i7-8550U @ 1.80GHz 2001 Mhz 4 cores 16 GB DDR4 Nvidia GTX 1050 Max-Q 4GB came with a 256GB SSD which I...
  3. Help needed, gets stuck like this, SSD failure?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help needed, gets stuck like this, SSD failure?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Hold-and-hope [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/etvzvq/help_needed_gets_stuck_like_this_ssd_failure/
  4. Windows 10 Pro + SSD Failure = No key being tied to my account?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro + SSD Failure = No key being tied to my account?: Activation Issue Hi! I recently had a SSD failure and since replaced the drive [The drive had my OS on at the time and I forgot to back it up]. I grabbed a new drive and reinstalled Windows and finally had it all sorted, I then went to activate my version of Windows using...
  5. SSD might be missing from BBS menu- found failure with win10 1903 and no issue with 1803

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SSD might be missing from BBS menu- found failure with win10 1903 and no issue with 1803: Hi All, I've encountered an issue recently on some x86 PCs with 19H1(aka 1903). I've two SSDs (A & B) and both have win10 home 19H1 installed. Failure detail description: 1) Boot to SSD_A and shutdown from OS normally 2) Power off the system 3) Remove SSD_A and install...
  6. SSD Cdrive failure

SSD Cdrive failure: My solid state C drive failed somehow, when I was installing a new video card. How do I create a new disk image from my old C drive, for my new C drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ssd-cdrive-failure/b0501937-1acd-4179-b753-f35e1629a3d6
  7. How do I make my Win 10 SSD bootable after dual boot failure?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I make my Win 10 SSD bootable after dual boot failure?: Hi, My machine was built with Win7 on a mechanical HD, a SSD was added onto which Win10 was installed. At power-on a Dual Boot option menu was displayed - and timed out to Win10. The HD has now falied (and has been disconnected) but the SSD does not boot by itself. How...
  8. Failure to install Windows 10 on a new SSD

Failure to install Windows 10 on a new SSD: I have problem installing Windows 10 on a new SSD. I formatted the drive with GPT partition style, created necesary partitions as described by technet site: MSR, System, Windows partition and Recovery tools partition. Now the error message when attempting to install to...
  9. "HDD/SSD failure detected" error when USB drive plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "HDD/SSD failure detected" error when USB drive plugged in: Hi all Having a slightly odd problem. I just moved across the world and took parts of my PC with me but not all - I replaced the case and power supply in my new country. Since rebuilding everything it works completely fine, identical setup, but for some reason when I have my...
  10. Failure to Reboot after installing new SSD

Failure to Reboot after installing new SSD: Hi, I recently bought a Dell XPS 13 laptop with a 128gb internal SSD. When I began running out of space, I bought a 500gb internal SSD to replace it. I cloned my current SSD onto the new SSD, then installed it into my laptop. When it started my laptop again, everything...