Windows 10: HP stream 13 not starting after disk cleanup

Discus and support HP stream 13 not starting after disk cleanup in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey everyone, hope you’re all doing well. I’m having a problem with my HP Stream 13 running Windows 10. In order to free up storage, I used the Disk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/broken_home_button, Apr 3, 2020.

1. HP stream 13 not starting after disk cleanup

Hey everyone, hope you’re all doing well. I’m having a problem with my HP Stream 13 running Windows 10. In order to free up storage, I used the Disk Cleanup feature that appears when you are browsing the Local Disk C. I selected the option to delete the temporary Windows Update files from the last time I updated. These files were 3.16 gigabytes and I am very short on storage with this computer so it seemed like a great way to free up space. The instructions said that I would need to restart the computer for the changes to take place. I went through with the process, restarted my computer, and apparently the Disk Cleanup deleted some essential files and the computer won’t start. When I power it on, it says ‘preparing automatic repair’. Then it says the PC could not start and tells me that if I restart it, it might work. I restarted it and it did the same thing. Any way I can recover it without having to reinstall the entire OS? At this point that is my only known solution as the Microsoft stores are all closed at the moment. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

submitted by /u/broken_home_button
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/broken_home_button, Apr 3, 2020

2. DISK CLEANUP

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Which files are you trying to delete using disk clean up?
    2. Which version of Windows are you currently using?

Please reply back with the information to the above questions in order to provide you with appropriate troubleshooting steps:

I understand that you are trying to free up memory using Disk Cleanup. If you are trying to delete files using disk cleanup on Windows 10, I suggest you to refer the following article on

Disk cleanup in Windows 10
    for steps to perform disk clean up on your PC.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Apr 3, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Update on HP Stream 13 - Disk Space

I have a HP Stream 13 with 32GB disk running Windows 10. Recently - June 2016 - received an update for Windows 10 but cannot install because of insufficient disk space. Says it need 20 GB to update. Have run disk cleanup but does not free up enough
    space to do the update. Does not give option of attaching external drive to get extra disk space. So, I am unable to do the update which I would really like to have as my Windows Store has not been working for quite some time. Has anyone seen this and is
    there a solution? Thanks.

LarryDrakeSM, Apr 3, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

HP stream 13 not starting after disk cleanup

disk cleanup

Hi joysoder, to properly and safely delete any files not required by your system, run Disk Cleanup twice as explained below. Each time select everything in the list and delete them. Disk Cleanup will not suggest deleting anything that is not safe to delete
    . . .

Open File Explorer

Click on your hard drive

On the Manage Tab, click Cleanup

Let Disk Cleanup do its initial scan

Select Everything in the list and choose Delete

Start Disk Cleanup again

Let Disk Cleanup do its initial scan

This time in the resulting dialog, click 'Cleanup System Files'

Let Disk Cleanup run another scan

Select Everything in the list and choose Delete

DaveM121, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

HP stream 13 not starting after disk cleanup

1. HP stream 13 not starting after disk cleanup - Similar Threads - stream starting disk

2. Disk Cleanup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Cleanup: Why does the Disk Cleanup still exist on Windows 10/Server 2022/11? Like no one uses it.sorry for selecting something differewnt on the sub-topics, it did not giive me the disk cleanup....
  3. Disk Cleanup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Cleanup: why won't Disk Cleanup delete the 3.2gb of temp files. when I try using the remove files in settings, they are shown as deleted but if I renter settings they reapear. why is that?...
  4. My Hp stream 13 laptop won't start up it stuck on a HP logo loop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My Hp stream 13 laptop won't start up it stuck on a HP logo loop: It has been happening for a 3 days now and it won't start up at all I looked up on youtube and it has happened to a few people but their Fixes aren't working...
  5. disk cleanup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    disk cleanup: disk cleanup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-cleanup/4e0cc450-a69e-4f33-b684-2e2901f62732
  6. Disk Cleanup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disk Cleanup: [ATTACH] is it common for disk cleanup to affect the computers performance last time i used it made me make a whole clean installation of windows 10 since it became very laggy i wonder if this new option will do me any better since i have 7gb of files that needs to be...
  7. Hp stream laptop disk space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hp stream laptop disk space: I don't get much space on my disk, 25gb and the laptops needed files are about 11gb and I have a flash drive with 128gb but nothing seems to work or want to download in it. is it possible for things to work from a flash drive? Other than that I have problems getting rid of...
  8. DISK CLEANUP

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    DISK CLEANUP: Everytime I try to do Disk Cleanup in Windows 10 it always stalls when it hits "Windows Defender AntiVirus" I can never get it to complete what gives? HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-cleanup/a55ceefb-b2ff-4ef5-9107-07ff4e2a91bc"
  9. Disk Cleanup

Disk Cleanup: Hello Forum, Recently made system upgrade to version 1803. (Auto update still disabled). Opened the MS update catalog and downloaded almost all update files for this version (x64), read a little about each one and worked for 3 days to install them. When finished I saw that...
  10. Disk cleanup not starting

Disk cleanup not starting: Hello all I have windows 10 pro x64 and whenever I try to run disk cleanup, it asks me which drive to clean, then no matter what drive i select after I press ok, it doesn't start up. Any idea why this is happening? I tried restarting. Thanks. Specs: 16 gb kingston DDR3...