Windows 10: HP Stream 14 Video Playback Horrible

Discus and support HP Stream 14 Video Playback Horrible in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've had this laptop for about a year now, it was used when I got it so I did a reset and everything worked perfectly fine for about 8 months, every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Darkchief114, Jan 5, 2020.

1. HP Stream 14 Video Playback Horrible

I've had this laptop for about a year now, it was used when I got it so I did a reset and everything worked perfectly fine for about 8 months, every video that would play in any media player would just have horrible playback, it would be so choppy, forcing me to reinstall Windows, that helped for awhile and now its acting up again. I updated my graphics card and still the same thing its extremely choppy when videos play. I would hate to have to spend another 250-400 for another laptop, but surely this laptop is able to handle playing videos?

submitted by /u/Darkchief114
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Darkchief114, Jan 5, 2020

2. videos are horrible

Hi Siciliangal,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

I understand that you have issues with video playback on Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Do you face the issue when you play video through Movies and TV app/Browser/other source?
    • Is your system up to date?
    Kindly follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the video playback troubleshooter and check if it resolves the issue with videos. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.
    • Click on Hardware and devices under Troubleshoot computer problems.
    • Click on Video playback under Windows.
    • Click on Advanced on the Video playback dialog box and click on
      Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).
    • Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Video playback troubleshooter.

Method 2:

Make sure the system is up to date. Follow the below steps.

• Open Start menu and type Windows update.
      • Click on Windows update and check whether there are any updates.
      • Install if there are any updates in Windows updates.
    If the issue still persist, update the graphics driver from the manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jan 5, 2020
  3. Video streaming failed with unsupported video type error

Hi,
    I was able to resolve the issue by disabling all hardware enhancements for Conexant Smartaudio HD. Here are the steps I took to resolve it, in case someone else runs into the same frustrating problem as I did: Right click on the speaker icon on the lower right hand corner -> Playback Devices -> Disable all hardware enhancements -> OK -> Reboot. That's it!

garfieldltd, Jan 5, 2020
  4. Jay Jap Win User

HP Stream 14 Video Playback Horrible

Cannot stream videos or music on new ver 1709

Hello Roger,

We need to do further investigation on your concern so that we can identify why you are having issues streaming:

• What happens when you stream a video on websites like YouTube?
    • Is there an error message when you try to steam a video or music?

Please post a screenshot so that we can assess the issue better.

In the meantime, let us try to isolate the issue by performing these troubleshooting steps:

Method 1: Run the Playing Audio and Video Playback troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Playing Audio and Video Playback.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:We suggest you to update the Display adapters driver from the Device Manager and check if it works.

Follow the below steps:

1. Press Windows + R on the Keyboard.

2. Type in devmgmt.msc and click on Ok.

3. Select the Graphic driver from the list by extending Display adapters.

4. Right click on the Graphic driver and click on Update driver Software.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Jan 5, 2020
Thema:

HP Stream 14 Video Playback Horrible

1. HP Stream 14 Video Playback Horrible - Similar Threads - Stream Video Playback

2. HP Stream 14 & Lenovo ThinkPad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Stream 14 & Lenovo ThinkPad: Hi everyone, I bought a new HP Stream 14 Processor IntelR CeleronR N4120 CPU @ 1.10GHz 1.10 GHz Installed RAM 4.00 GB 3.77 GB usable System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor No pen or touch input is available for this display. I'm trying to use a ThinkPad...
  3. HP Stream 14 & Lenovo ThinkPad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Stream 14 & Lenovo ThinkPad: Hi everyone, I bought a new HP Stream 14 Processor IntelR CeleronR N4120 CPU @ 1.10GHz 1.10 GHz Installed RAM 4.00 GB 3.77 GB usable System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor No pen or touch input is available for this display. I'm trying to use a ThinkPad...
  4. HP Stream 14 gray screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HP Stream 14 gray screen: I just purchased the HP Stream 14 and get a grey screen following pin...what the answer please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-stream-14-gray-screen/7738818d-1dee-4ed9-ad35-465b91d629bf
  5. HP Stream 14 gray screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Stream 14 gray screen: I just purchased the HP Stream 14 and get a grey screen following pin...what the answer please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-stream-14-gray-screen/7738818d-1dee-4ed9-ad35-465b91d629bf
  6. HP Stream 14 gray screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Reseting hp stream 14

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reseting hp stream 14: I am trying to reset my Windows 10 HP Stream back to Factory Settings but it keeps telling me that I do not have enough Space. Even though I have Deleted and Uninstalled A Lot of things, including most of the apps that came pre-installed on the computer and it Still will not...
  8. Hp 14 Stream, Laptop!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hp 14 Stream, Laptop!: What can I do in replace of the Windows C: disk space? I bought this laptop and it has 57.5 gb of disk space but a game that im trying to download is 97 gb, What am I supposed to do or buy so I can download the game id like to play ? I don't download anything else so I don't...
  9. HP Stream 14

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HP Stream 14: Hi , I need to put more memory on to the above machine to enable download of windows updates, can I just plug in an sd card?if so what size is best please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-stream-14/d19d3106-be21-4236-a208-edd7a614a4f0"
  10. HP Stream 14

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Stream 14: I just purchased this laptop and no ones hands of touched it but mine. I used it and the next time I checked my email I noticed the computer says no battery detect and if that doesn't suck bad enough but it says there is something wrong with my BIOS! Not to sound dumb or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. video playback settings in windows 10

2. hp stream 14 video is laggy