Windows 10: HP Stream and Win 10 1909 update

Discus and support HP Stream and Win 10 1909 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I attempted to update my HP Stream to v.1909 with no success as the hard drive is too small at 32 gb. For previous updates I was able to use an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JacquelineMoore0803, Dec 18, 2019.

1. HP Stream and Win 10 1909 update

I attempted to update my HP Stream to v.1909 with no success as the hard drive is too small at 32 gb. For previous updates I was able to use an external USB drive to assist in updating but that method was not offered this time. My problem is that the update downloaded a significant amount of data which I now want to remove as it is taking up precious space on my hard drive. However when I go into Settings-System-Storage-Free up Space the (temporary?) installation files are not displayed. How do I get rid of the files that were downloaded and not needed?

:)

JacquelineMoore0803, Dec 18, 2019

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Dec 18, 2019
  3. Peggsie Win User
    HP Stream Notebook...Wifi Problems, Usb Problems, with Windows 10

I have an HP Stream 13 running build 10130. I'm not having any of the issues you are. I did a clean install after coming from previous preview builds.
    I followed the tutorial in the tutorial index at the top of this forum titled 'How to do a clean install of Windows 10 Preview."
    You have to download the ISO file for build 10130 and create a bootable USB flash drive. I used RUFUS. I did this on another PC running Win 8.1. Then I followed the rest of the steps in the tutorial on my HP Stream.

Hope this helps

Peggsie, Dec 18, 2019
  4. Rvlx Win User

HP Stream and Win 10 1909 update

Is an HP Stream 7" update to Win 10 possible?

My stream 7 updated to win 10 no problem works great

Thema:

HP Stream and Win 10 1909 update

1. HP Stream and Win 10 1909 update - Similar Threads - Stream 1909 update

2. HP Stream Windows 10 Update Fix

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP Stream Windows 10 Update Fix: Looking to free up disk space on your HP Stream to update Windows 10? Turn off your "paging file". You will gain approximately 1.3Gigs allowing updates to download and install. It worked successfully for me today September 4th, 2021 on an HP Stream with nothing more than...
  3. Hp stream laptop not updating

Hp stream laptop not updating: we got two hp stream laptops. a 11 and a 14. the 14 is a newer version of windows 10 and the 11 is an older version of windows 10. I've treid updating both. I ran the windows update assistant on the 14 and the 11, and it says on the 14 that is has the latest update. but...
  4. Win 10 updates on HP Stream

Win 10 updates on HP Stream: I have not yet been able to download 2019 big updates as I have insufficient space on hard drive. I do have external USB flash drive available but the system is telling me I need to free up a further 1.8 GB on hard drive. I have done all the recommended cleanup processes to...
  5. windows update HP stream

windows update HP stream: I have an HP stream no hard drive space, most of it is system stuff that I don't think I can delete. how do I free up the hard drive space to be able to update???? I have external hard drive with plenty of space but that isn't enough. Any help would be gratefully received....
  6. Hp Stream

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hp Stream: I recently bought a HP Stream laptop, It has Microsoft edge as the web browser but I been trying to set the browser as Google but it wont download and keeps taking me to Bing. Also when i try to open certain pages my internet cuts off....
  7. Windows 10 Update for HP Stream

Windows 10 Update for HP Stream: My HP keeps attempting to update but I do not have enough internal storage. I have an SD card with plenty of storage and it says that I can use an external storage, but it is still not working. I don't understand why it still won't update....
  8. Win 10 S >Win 10 Pro HP Stream

Win 10 S >Win 10 Pro HP Stream: Anybody. need keys, etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-s-win-10-pro-hp-stream/7b31a8ea-7d05-4017-ac56-ac596c1bd1cb
  9. hp stream

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    hp stream: I bought a hp stream and reset it because I thought it would give me hard drive space ,well its asking me for a product key. its telling me that my license will expire jan 4 2019 go to settings . I went to settings it says my pc is activated usin organization activation...
  10. HP Stream 8 updated Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    HP Stream 8 updated Windows 10: I have a Stream8 which updated the windows 10 and now I can not log on as the keyboard and wifi have been disabled. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-stream-8-updated-windows-10/79b99f14-2c14-46c9-a415-a6414fb9da3c

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp stream 7 windows 10 1909

2. hp stream 7 update windows 1909 funktioniert nicht

3. 1909 on stream 7