Windows 10: HP stream laptop that cannot be updated to windows 10 enough space

Discus and support HP stream laptop that cannot be updated to windows 10 enough space in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I cannot free up enough space on my HP stream to complete updates I have attached an external hard drive and still cannot free up enough space any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HannahClark1, Nov 29, 2019.

1. HP stream laptop that cannot be updated to windows 10 enough space

I cannot free up enough space on my HP stream to complete updates I have attached an external hard drive and still cannot free up enough space any suggestions?

:)

HannahClark1, Nov 29, 2019
  2. Aaron_Sum Win User

HP Stream Laptop

Hi there,

Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community.

1. May I know the version of Windows that you are using?
    2. What is the total hard disk space of your laptop?

I would suggest you to take a backup of all your user data, after which you can try and perform the steps to

Free up drive space in Windows 10
    . Check if that helps.

Please get back to us if you need any further suggestions.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Nov 29, 2019
  3. Lack of Storage Space and the HP Stream

Hi!

I have a relatively new HP Stream. It is driving me crazy. Windows wants to update, but it can't because there's not enough storage space. I've done everything I know to free up space, including following the directions, obtaining "help" and purchasing a flash
    drive. Nothing works!! I am very frustrated. Anyone out there have any suggestions? Am I missing something?

Thanks much, in advance!!

AndraHenderson, Nov 29, 2019
  4. San.iam67 Win User

HP stream laptop that cannot be updated to windows 10 enough space

Ran out of disk space on HP Stream

I need more disk space on my HP Stream to update windows 10, i save all documents to a usb drive and deleted from Stream, still says i need more disk space to update windows 10, HELP.

I have optimized the disk and tried everything imaginable, even reset to factory settings and reinstalled Windows 10

San.iam67, Nov 29, 2019
Thema:

HP stream laptop that cannot be updated to windows 10 enough space

1. HP stream laptop that cannot be updated to windows 10 enough space - Similar Threads - stream laptop cannot

2. I may have fixed the hp stream not updating windows, or not having enough space.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I may have fixed the hp stream not updating windows, or not having enough space.: I finally did it, i got windows to boot off an external drive from the hp stream, the process was a bit different then i am used to, but it works. here are the steps i took. Step one: copy the main drive you have to an external ssd/hdd. Step 2: after coping your windows...
  3. Update - Not enough space

Update - Not enough space: trying to install updates. Get message "Not enough space" need 1.6 GB. Added external drive to create space 11.4 GB. Stilltries to "make space" does not recognize available space on external drive....
  4. HP Stream not enough space on hard drive to perform downloads, etc

HP Stream not enough space on hard drive to perform downloads, etc: This maybe redundant to a recent post, that can't be found. A few weeks my HP stream reported insufficient space to perform loading a Windows update. After a disk cleaning and removal of all personal files and the only third part app, the system still still was unable to load...
  5. Hp stream laptop not updating

Hp stream laptop not updating: we got two hp stream laptops. a 11 and a 14. the 14 is a newer version of windows 10 and the 11 is an older version of windows 10. I've treid updating both. I ran the windows update assistant on the 14 and the 11, and it says on the 14 that is has the latest update. but...
  6. Hp stream laptop disk space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hp stream laptop disk space: I don't get much space on my disk, 25gb and the laptops needed files are about 11gb and I have a flash drive with 128gb but nothing seems to work or want to download in it. is it possible for things to work from a flash drive? Other than that I have problems getting rid of...
  7. Windows 10 Update on HP stream: not enough space for update/ not registering external...

Windows 10 Update on HP stream: not enough space for update/ not registering external...: I have an HP stream that has 32GB of disk space. As you can see, this is the exact size of the needed space for the update and that means that my laptop doesn't have enough space on its own for the update. I have tried both of the methods on the windows update assistant for...
  8. UPDATING AND NOT ENOUGH SPACE

UPDATING AND NOT ENOUGH SPACE: Good Morning and Happy Holidays Everyone I am trying to update my Lpetop unfortunaly I need to free up space on my C: Drive, But I don't know how to do this, I have on my storage usage System and Reserve 11.5 GB Apps and Games 1.7 GB Other 14.4I...
  9. not enough space to update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    not enough space to update: I have removed all files on to a thumb drive and I still do not have enough space to perform an update on my surface. I have deleted every program that is not required. How can perform the update?...
  10. Windows 10 update - not enough space to update

Windows 10 update - not enough space to update: I can't install Windows 10 Update due to lack of space on c drive. I've tried removing things I don't need, but its not enough. Windows Support says I can install the update using an external storage device, but that doesn't come up as an option....