Windows 10: HP Stream not enough space on hard drive to perform downloads, etc

Discus and support HP Stream not enough space on hard drive to perform downloads, etc in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This maybe redundant to a recent post, that can't be found. A few weeks my HP stream reported insufficient space to perform loading a Windows update.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CliffordSanford, Jul 20, 2020.

1. HP Stream not enough space on hard drive to perform downloads, etc

This maybe redundant to a recent post, that can't be found. A few weeks my HP stream reported insufficient space to perform loading a Windows update. After a disk cleaning and removal of all personal files and the only third part app, the system still still was unable to load updates. Then I added extra memory by attaching a flash drive. Again the update failed for lack of memory. Exhausting any other tries, another poster suggested performing a recovery. That attempt seemed to fail because of the recovery SD card or the USB flash drive was not detecting the added memory. While accessing the bios to change the booting sequence to start with the SD card it was discovered that the bios usb was disabled inspite of the mouse being connected to a usb port. I quickly reenabled it. Again the recovery disk was blocked by the insufficient memory. The flash wanted. memory was more than adequate to satisfy the stated memory needed. Help, the only option left I can see is using the windows Media Creation Tool. I'm not optimist as the tool also need to run from a usb flash drive. Ironically the HP stream seems to continue working normally irregardless of not getting updates or needing a recovery. Help

:)

CliffordSanford, Jul 20, 2020

2. HP stream laptop that cannot be updated to windows 10 enough space

I cannot free up enough space on my HP stream to complete updates I have attached an external hard drive and still cannot free up enough space any suggestions?

HannahClark1, Jul 20, 2020
  3. Space issue on HP stream

I have an HP stream 14 which does not have a lot of space. I purchased a game but do not have enough space to download it. Can I use an External hard drive to download the game on?

CameronDuncan0307, Jul 20, 2020
  4. edwenger Win User

HP Stream not enough space on hard drive to perform downloads, etc

Not Enough Space for Windows 10 on HP Stream - Out of the box

I have an HP Stream 13 that came with a "free Windows 10 upgrade." Problem is, the 32gb solid state drive doesn't have enough space to download and install Windows 10 (this is out of the box - I haven't downloaded or installed any additional content).
    Wondering if anyone has a simplified solution to this. I've seen a few responses about installing on a USB drive, but I'm not confident I know how to perform a install that way.

edwenger, Jul 20, 2020
Thema:

HP Stream not enough space on hard drive to perform downloads, etc

1. HP Stream not enough space on hard drive to perform downloads, etc - Similar Threads - Stream enough space

2. I may have fixed the hp stream not updating windows, or not having enough space.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I may have fixed the hp stream not updating windows, or not having enough space.: I finally did it, i got windows to boot off an external drive from the hp stream, the process was a bit different then i am used to, but it works. here are the steps i took. Step one: copy the main drive you have to an external ssd/hdd. Step 2: after coping your windows...
  3. Can't update Windows etc as not enough space.

Can't update Windows etc as not enough space.: My pc shows two places 'This PC C' and 'DATA D' to download to, but the one on top 'This PC C', is full and I can't see how to switch to 'DATA D' which has over 800GB free. Anyone know how to switch over to the one with heaps of space? I'm not a tech guy....
  4. "Not enough space on hard drive"

"Not enough space on hard drive": Hi I'm trying to install an old program on my Windows 10 computer. Everything seems OK until the "available space" on the hard drive is shown. This shows as a negative amount in Kb, I have a 2TB hard drive which is practically brand new. Help please....
  5. Hp stream laptop disk space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hp stream laptop disk space: I don't get much space on my disk, 25gb and the laptops needed files are about 11gb and I have a flash drive with 128gb but nothing seems to work or want to download in it. is it possible for things to work from a flash drive? Other than that I have problems getting rid of...
  6. HP stream laptop that cannot be updated to windows 10 enough space

HP stream laptop that cannot be updated to windows 10 enough space: I cannot free up enough space on my HP stream to complete updates I have attached an external hard drive and still cannot free up enough space any suggestions?...
  7. Portable hard drive not enough free space.

Portable hard drive not enough free space.: I have a 1.5 TB back up portable hard that only has 355 GB of Free Space. It has only 2 system images from C drive (with 147 GB of used space). I have made several system images in the past on this hard drive and deleted most of them over time. 1. How can only 2 system...
  8. "Not enough space on" ... when there's enough space.

"Not enough space on" ... when there's enough space.: Getting a very strange error when trying to copy a file onto a drive: [ATTACH] Looks like there's enough space to me... halp. :P https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-enough-space-on-when-theres-enough-space/c484ca99-4210-4ee7-8d07-d66ad4843183"
  9. Windows 10 Update on HP stream: not enough space for update/ not registering external...

Windows 10 Update on HP stream: not enough space for update/ not registering external...: I have an HP stream that has 32GB of disk space. As you can see, this is the exact size of the needed space for the update and that means that my laptop doesn't have enough space on its own for the update. I have tried both of the methods on the windows update assistant for...
  10. Not enough space on hard drive for Windows Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Not enough space on hard drive for Windows Update: Hi, I bought a laptop with a really small hard disk (32GB). A Windows 10 update appeared and it says it requires 8GB of free space. I only have 7GB free because the Windows folder occupies more than 20GB. Is there a way to clean the Windows folder or anything else I can do...