Windows 10: HP Support Assistant Icon disappeared from desktop -

Discus and support HP Support Assistant Icon disappeared from desktop - in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; HP Support Assistant Icon and several other icons missing from desktop since Windows 10. How to reinstall? Followed the instructions to right click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by curiousjmm, Aug 2, 2020.

1. HP Support Assistant Icon disappeared from desktop -

HP Support Assistant Icon and several other icons missing from desktop since Windows 10. How to reinstall? Followed the instructions to right click empty space....etc., and it does not work?

:)

curiousjmm, Aug 2, 2020

2. HP SUPPORT ASSISTANT NOT WORKING HP Support Assistant Icon disappeared from desktop - :(

HP Support Assistant

Version 8.5.37.19

Not Working, Uninstalled, Reinstalled Multiple Times

Tried Even Setting Up A New Account User And Same ResultHP Support Assistant Icon disappeared from desktop - :(

Part Of Windows Insiders Group Running

Windows 10 Insider Preview 17115.1 (rs4_release)

Using Trend Micro As Antivirus

HP Support Assistant Not Blocked By My Wirewall

Any Suggestions ????

MICHELLEGRANUCCI, Aug 2, 2020
  3. Desktop Icons disappeared

Hi Kinsley,

• Are you referring to the desktop icons?
    • When did the icons disappear? Did you make any changes to the system Settings?

It's possible that your device is in Tablet mode. I suggest you to turn it off and check if the icons appear. To do so, select the
    Action center icon on the taskbar (the little message box next to the date and time), and then select
    Tablet mode to turn it on or off.

Also refer the following thread which discusses about a similar issue.

Windows 10 - Desktop icons disappeared - I may have hit something that is causing my problem

Hope this helps. Keep us updated with the status of the issue to continue assisting you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Aug 2, 2020
  4. O0mix0O Win User

HP Support Assistant Icon disappeared from desktop -

O0mix0O, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

HP Support Assistant Icon disappeared from desktop -

1. HP Support Assistant Icon disappeared from desktop - - Similar Threads - Support Assistant Icon

2. PROBLEMS WITH HP SUPPORT ASSISTANT APP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PROBLEMS WITH HP SUPPORT ASSISTANT APP: Upon opening the HP Support Assistant app from its taskbar position, I encountered a spinning circle and no ability to open or click on any of the icons within the box. After another excruciating chat with HP, they had me uninstall the app, then go to HP website to install...
  3. How to remove HP's "Support Assistant" icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove HP's "Support Assistant" icon: In my Win10 HP computer HP has installed in the notification area its icon for HP's "Support Assistant." I need to remove this icon--and the HP Support Assistant itself doesn't help me to do so. How can I remove this icon?...
  4. HP Support Assistant will not completley start.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Support Assistant will not completley start.: This question is regarding the HP Support Assistant in Windows 10. Over the time I have been subjected to Windows 10 I have found this to be a useful tool. Over the weekend I tried to use the assistant, I clicked on the icon on the task bar. The initial screen comes up and...
  5. Desktop Icons Disappear

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons Disappear: When I click on a blank area of my desktop, all of my icons disappear. If I click on the task bar, they return but if I try to launch a program, they all disappear and the program doesn't launch. 141653
  6. icons on desktop disappeared

icons on desktop disappeared: I have MS 10 and have an HP. My internet Explorer and other icons have disappeared. In place are a lot of blocks with different offerings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-on-desktop-disappeared/384198c5-9f8b-43c1-852f-3695f2b7f68c
  7. Desktop Icons Disappeared

Desktop Icons Disappeared: I have read the many posts with similar issues, but none of the recommendations are working for me. I've checked the show icons option, auto arrange, all of that. I have a Dell laptop with Windows 10. Yesterday I bought a new Dell monitor and attached it with a VGA cable....
  8. Desktop icons disappeared

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Desktop icons disappeared: I updated Windows version but all my desktop icons disappeared. It happened in October, it was the last Windows 10 update, I use Firefox and Toshiba laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-disappeared/40392b88-a4b8-4965-b5c1-20db78ddfa87
  9. desktop icon disappear

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop icon disappear: windows 10 starts with a black screen (with few locked applications to task bar & tray) no right click so I can't ask to show desktop icons). It seems that the black screen is covering the desktop because playing with the settings (personalization etc) show all icons for a...
  10. Desktop Icon disappears

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icon disappears: Hello, I'm trying to research this issue for a small software company I work for. one of the most common issues I seem to see lately is that our customers are telling us that their shortcut to our program is disappearing from their desktop of their workstation computers....