Windows 10: HP Systems BIOS Updates Will Use Windows Updates

Discus and support HP Systems BIOS Updates Will Use Windows Updates in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; HP Commercial Notebook PCs, Commercial Desktops, Mobile and Desktop Workstations - Systems BIOS Updates Will Use Windows Updates DESCRIPTION This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ddelo, May 4, 2021.

1. ddelo Win User

HP Systems BIOS Updates Will Use Windows Updates

HP Commercial Notebook PCs, Commercial Desktops, Mobile and Desktop Workstations - Systems BIOS Updates Will Use Windows Updates DESCRIPTION This bulletin is intended to (re)notify and remind our customer base and HP employees of HP's intent to begin releasing system firmware through the Microsoft Windows Update process. A previously released Whitepaper was circulated by HP (in July 2020) to inform HP Support Teams and end-users about the detailed strategy, roll-out, platforms and attributes of this new update methodology. Benefits of Firmware/BIOS Updates through Windows Many personal computers rely on Microsoft Windows Updates to receive OS updates, performance enhancements, security updates and bug fixes. Previously, the updates for the operating system and BIOS/Firmware were not a shared update process, they required separate update events, creating additional downtime. By adopting the Automatic BIOS Update through Windows, users can leverage a single event to update a Microsoft operating system, BIOS, and firmware, creating a simple, single motion to update the endpoint PC. How does it work? To update system firmware and or BIOS, Microsoft Windows will leverage a tool called UEFI Capsule. The UEFI Capsule can pass data during runtime (in the OS) to the UEFI BIOS. The UEFI capsules are provided to Microsoft by HP, HP-partners, and hardware vendors. The result is firmware updates are received the same way OS and driver updates are delivered and received on endpoint PCs. HP will target WU with Windows 10, Version v1809(RS5) and later OS versions. Who would not want to use Automatic BIOS Update through Windows? If your environment requires a BIOS update to be qualified before rolling out to a fleet of PCs or, the fleet requires the BIOS to be locked to a specific version, HP offers a BIOS setting (Lock BIOS Version) to prevent automatic BIOS updates. These BIOS settings can be remotely managed, using HP Client Management Script Library (leveraging PowerShell modules). When will the Automatic Updates begin? HP plans Windows Automatic updates to begin on select HP platforms in February of 2021. Automatic updates will roll out on additional supported platforms end-of-March 2021.

:)

ddelo, May 4, 2021

2. Should I update bios?

I would read the warranty before doing anything. If the manufacturer finds out you did something not on their approved list of steps,for example using a program they didn't list, or a bios, etc, they can treat your video card rma like you threw it against the wall , because if something goes wrong and you didn't follow their steps exactly ,it was damaged through human error and they're not likely going to be obligated to cover it warranty wise. I don't know for sure, I just advocate that you check first , and I also advocate that you verify that it's an actual update ,because very rarely do manufacturers release updates for gpu bios'. And they most certainly wont cover a GPU "update" if its a bios file written by some dude in the Ukraine, it has to be a set process, they have predetermined often.

jboydgolfer, May 5, 2021
  3. Should I update bios?

Lol, there is still so many myths about flashing bios and people actually believe in them. People, this is 2018, not 1998, bios updates are easy and when file is provided by manufacturer themselves then they do RMA gpus, motherboards, mice and all other devices which failed during flashing.

spectatorx, May 5, 2021
  4. HP Systems BIOS Updates Will Use Windows Updates

BIOS update

i have momo GA-945PL-S3P(rev. 6.6) BIOS version (f4)
    when i look in gigabyte website i found f5,f6,f7,f8 BIOS versions for my momo.
    do i need to update my BIOS version ?
    if i have to update, shall i install the last one (f8 ) or install each one ?
    is it risky to update my BIOS version because i have no experience in bois update , is there easy step to update my bois?

lover_pharaoh2002, May 5, 2021
Thema:

HP Systems BIOS Updates Will Use Windows Updates

1. HP Systems BIOS Updates Will Use Windows Updates - Similar Threads - Systems BIOS Updates

2. HP bios update keeps looping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP bios update keeps looping: I did an update on my computer and now the BIOS just keeps looping , it goes to a black screen with the HP logo and at the bottom of the screen it says please wait while we install a system update after some time it Loops to another white screen that says HP bios update...
  3. HP bios update keeps looping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP bios update keeps looping: I did an update on my computer and now the BIOS just keeps looping , it goes to a black screen with the HP logo and at the bottom of the screen it says please wait while we install a system update after some time it Loops to another white screen that says HP bios update...
  4. HP bios update keeps looping

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to update HP BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to update HP BIOS: Hello,How do I update my HP BIOS? My laptop is an HP 14-AC038TU running Windows 11 Pro on UEFI mode.When I click on update on HP BIOS Update and Recovery Utility, It shows the following error:Please help. My current BIOS version is F.12...
  6. How to update HP BIOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to update HP BIOS: Hello,How do I update my HP BIOS? My laptop is an HP 14-AC038TU running Windows 11 Pro on UEFI mode.When I click on update on HP BIOS Update and Recovery Utility, It shows the following error:Please help. My current BIOS version is F.12...
  7. hp bios update not cancelling

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    hp bios update not cancelling: so since updating to 20h2, i’ve had an optional update for hp firmware. it installed itself and is a bios update. the first time it came on my screen, i pressed cancel update and kept getting errors about my organisation not working properly, this prevents me from using...
  8. HP BIOS update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    HP BIOS update: The update has been running for 2 hours, and it still says it is only 1% progress. I tried to exit but nothing works. How do I get out of BIOS update, or is this a virus? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-bios-update/0cfedf03-619f-4bf1-8d93-ed29f01a6020
  9. Bios update useful?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bios update useful?: I know it‘s not exactly a windows problem, but I‘ve an 1,5 years old XMG P507 notebook with Windows 10 that runs flawlessly. Is it still worth it to update the Bios? submitted by /u/Rekhyt24 [link] [comments]...
  10. Updating System BIOS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updating System BIOS: I am about to update my BIOS. I was wondering if I had to disable the TPM (Trusted Platform Module) before I proceed. I have Windows 10 Home, and I guess it doesn't support Drive Encryption (Bitlocker), but I am still concered over the TPM, as its a sort of encryption. Thank...