Windows 10: HP touch screen has stopped working

Discus and support HP touch screen has stopped working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; after a couple of unwanted Windows 10 updates, my BRAND NEW computer has stopped working properly. Windows 10 is garbage, apparently. Bill Gates, where... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MarkPadgett1, Apr 16, 2019.

1. HP touch screen has stopped working

after a couple of unwanted Windows 10 updates, my BRAND NEW computer has stopped working properly. Windows 10 is garbage, apparently. Bill Gates, where are you? And stop loading your stupid games onto my computer, I don't want them.

Please advise to fix, and not the same two methods you posted months ago that don't help anyone.

Class action awaits.

:)

MarkPadgett1, Apr 16, 2019
  2. zbook Win User

HP Envy TouchSmart 4-1115dx NO TOUCH in Win10 /w SSD

HP ENVY TouchSmart Sleekbook 4-1115dx More Support Options | HP® Customer Support

See if you can run through these troubleshooting steps:

HP PCs - Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues (WindowsÂ*10, 8) | HP® Customer Support

Step 1: Confirm the computer has a touch screen
    Step 2: Enable and reinstall the touch screen driver in Device Manager
    Step 3: Configure the touch display
    Step 4: Install Windows updates
    Step 5: Perform a touch screen diagnostic test in HP Hardware Diagnostics
    Step 6: Adjust the power management settings for your touch screen
    Step 7: Perform a hard reset (notebook PCs) or full shutdown and restart (All-in-One PCs)
    Step 8: Update the BIOS and graphics driver

zbook, Apr 16, 2019
  3. touch screen stopped working

My touch screen on my Hp notebook stopped working. Help

DebNieuwsma, Apr 16, 2019
  4. Rainhamd Win User

HP touch screen has stopped working

Touch screen stops working, Windows 10

It's gone again!! I was using an app with the touchscreen, when I saw the on screen symbol in the task bar flicker, it then disappeared and the touch screen stopped working.

Step one now tells me that it is applying a fix, then comes up with the message - Unknown usb device (device descriptor failed) is not working properly. Your pc must be restarted. - Restarted and went back and ran troubleshooter again, getting exactly the
    same result and message.

Step 2 - The touch screen driver has now vanished from the list! (last week when the touchscreen wasn't working I tried to find the driver and couldn't - perhaps this is why!)

HELP!

Rainhamd, Apr 16, 2019
Thema:

HP touch screen has stopped working

1. HP touch screen has stopped working - Similar Threads - touch screen has

2. Touch Screen Stopped Working HP Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch Screen Stopped Working HP Laptop: Hello Everyone, I recently noticed my touchscreen on my laptop stopped working for no reason. When running HP Hardware Diagnostics it works but not on the home screen. Any ideas how to fix?...
  3. Touch Screen Stopped Working HP Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touch Screen Stopped Working HP Laptop: Hello Everyone, I recently noticed my touchscreen on my laptop stopped working for no reason. When running HP Hardware Diagnostics it works but not on the home screen. Any ideas how to fix?...
  4. Touch Screen Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch Screen Stopped Working: I upgraded my notebookHP Spectre x360-13-ae000xx from windows 10 to Windows 11 and after that TOUCH SCREEN stopped working. It even stopped showing from bios.I did check in COMPONENT TEST using HP HARDWARE AND DIAGONSTICS UEFI, but there is no option for touch screen Test.I...
  5. Touch screen stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch screen stopped working: Hello , I am Rajneesh from Gasco IncAfter a Windows update my Lenovo Thinkpad touch screen stopped working. I go to the Tablet settings and it says "*This device does not have touch capabilities"....
  6. Touch screen stopped working

Touch screen stopped working: Hello , I am Rajneesh from Gasco IncAfter a Windows update my Lenovo Thinkpad touch screen stopped working. I go to the Tablet settings and it says "*This device does not have touch capabilities"....
  7. Touch screen stopped working

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. My HP Elitebook Touch Screen has stopped working after recent upgrade.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My HP Elitebook Touch Screen has stopped working after recent upgrade.: I need help. I have tried all the troubleshooting found online, been on device manager, tried update the driver, uninstall, enabled, deleting and reinstall. The touch screen still not working.Not sure what else to do....
  9. My HP Elitebook Touch Screen has stopped working after recent upgrade.

My HP Elitebook Touch Screen has stopped working after recent upgrade.: I need help. I have tried all the troubleshooting found online, been on device manager, tried update the driver, uninstall, enabled, deleting and reinstall. The touch screen still not working.Not sure what else to do....
  10. HP All-in-one touch screen stopped working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP All-in-one touch screen stopped working.: HP All-in-one touch screen stopped working, it's just a plain monitor now. Updated all drivers, still no input. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-all-in-one-touch-screen-stopped-working/1e443476-5203-42a4-b83b-31b2afa82435