Windows 10: HP Webcam access fails with bluescreen SPUVCbv x64sys

Discus and support HP Webcam access fails with bluescreen SPUVCbv x64sys in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; May be of interest to others - Just noting an issue I encountered with 2 similarly spec'd machines with upgrade to Win 10 2004 On upgrading my HP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ashleyg, Jun 15, 2020.

1. ashleyg Win User

HP Webcam access fails with bluescreen SPUVCbv x64sys

May be of interest to others - Just noting an issue I encountered with 2 similarly spec'd machines with upgrade to Win 10 2004

On upgrading my HP EliteBook 8470P Win 10 Pro x64 Ver 1909 b18363.900 to W10 Ver 2004[]

Download / Upgrade option available and initiated manually from windows update.
    Upgrade took around 1.5hours all up with no issues encountered during the upgrade process.

Issue:
    Post upgrade testing highlighted a problem when accessing the inbuilt webcam device ie through the Camera App and also Skype.

Error:
    Fails with bluescreen SPUVCbv x64sys and system recovers/restarts.

Background:

Checked and I have latest HP F.74 Rev A BIOS installed.
    Also have latest HP Webcam drivers installed (sp71853.exe).
    Downloaded and re-installed latest Webcam drivers (Universal Camera Driver from HP Website) Issue persists
    Rolled back the driver for the Webcam device (reloads generic MS Driver dated 2006!) Issue Resolved.

All good but I wonder what functionality may be lost by going back to a driver that old.?

I have sent details to Microsoft (via Feedback) and will also be logging issue with HP Support.

Would be interested if others have encountered this issue also and any thoughts on best course of action.

Still testing but no other issues for me identified so far with the upgrade to Ver 2004.

Thanks!

:)

ashleyg, Jun 15, 2020
  2. ashleyg Win User

May be of interest to others - Just noting an issue I encountered with 2 similarly spec'd machines with upgrade to Win 10 2004

On upgrading my HP EliteBook 8470P Win 10 Pro x64 Ver 1909 b18363.900 to W10 Ver 2004[…]

Download / Upgrade option available and initiated manually from windows update.
    Upgrade took around 1.5hours all up with no issues encountered during the upgrade process.

Issue:
    Post upgrade testing highlighted a problem when accessing the inbuilt webcam device – ie through the Camera App and also Skype.

Error:
    Fails with bluescreen SPUVCbv x64sys and system recovers/restarts.

Background:

Checked and I have latest HP F.74 Rev A BIOS installed.
    Also have latest HP Webcam drivers installed (sp71853.exe).
    Downloaded and re-installed latest Webcam drivers (Universal Camera Driver from HP Website) – Issue persists
    Rolled back the driver for the Webcam device (reloads generic MS Driver dated 2006!) – Issue Resolved.

All good but I wonder what functionality may be lost by going back to a driver that old.?

I have sent details to Microsoft (via Feedback) and will also be logging issue with HP Support.

Would be interested if others have encountered this issue also and any thoughts on best course of action.

Still testing but no other issues for me identified so far with the upgrade to Ver 2004.

Thanks!

ashleyg, Jun 15, 2020
  3. ashleyg Win User

Thanks for responding zbook - some good info and specifics there.

To me then, that would confirm it is an incompatible HP driver issue as I downloaded and installed the latest driver from HP website and the BSOD persisted. As mentioned, I have had this happen on 2 machines which helps confirm it's not just my setup. I will open a case with HP and work through it with them.

In the meantime, hopefully the Microsoft generic 2006 driver will serve as a stable workaround (for using Skype especially).

ashleyg, Jun 15, 2020
  4. zbook Win User

All Microsoft drivers are deliberately dated 2006 for driver ranking.

When default drivers are offered by Microsoft they compete with component manufacturer drivers first by year.

This way if available all component manufacturer drivers should be newer than Microsoft drivers and have preference.

In case Microsoft and component manufacturer drivers match by year the next ranking is by version.

New operating systems can become corrupt.

Drivers are files and can become corrupt.

To test for corruption versus incompatibility you can reinstall the driver directly from the HP website.

If there is another BSOD then you have established cause and effect incompatibility.

If there is no new BSOD then you had likely a corrupted driver.

zbook, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

1. HP Webcam access fails with bluescreen SPUVCbv x64sys - Similar Threads - Webcam access fails

2. HP webcam driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP webcam driver: Webcam drivers not available following windows update of my HP Laptop is there a substitute available https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-webcam-driver/ec864947-8b11-432b-a842-919d3b80db82
  3. Access to the webcam

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Access to the webcam: When windows asked for the "access to the webcam" permission unfortunately, I have pressed the block button also by giving a tickmark on "Remember My Action". Now when i am opening my camera it is blocked and saying that you can change your privacy settings. But even if I...
  4. HP Webcam access fails with bluescreen SPUVCbv x64sys

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP Webcam access fails with bluescreen SPUVCbv x64sys: May be of interest to others - Just noting an issue I encountered with 2 similarly spec'd machines with upgrade to Win 10 2004 On upgrading my HP EliteBook 8470P Win 10 Pro x64 Ver 1909 b18363.900 to W10 Ver 2004[] Download / Upgrade option available and initiated manually...
  5. HP Webcam

HP Webcam: My HP Laptop Intel Pentium has been updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10, but does not have a webcam feature listed in the device manager. How to get webcam to my computer without purchasing accessories for a webcam?...
  6. HP WebCam Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP WebCam Problem: how to fix error 0xA00F4250,PhotoCaptureStartFailed> 0xC00D3EA2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-webcam-problem/03f57dea-a482-441e-a76b-1fa6ae49ceca
  7. HP Webcam Driver

HP Webcam Driver: Has anyone with a HP laptop been able to update or fix the webcam. I've been trying at the HP community forums with MANY others and they have all kinds of talk but to solution that works and NO driver update. BTW my webcam is the HP Truevision HD. 155053
  8. webcam access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    webcam access: I cant open my camera in some apps as we are learning online. it says that we are unable to detect a webcam with you computer. I think it is due ti antivirus software but i dont know how to open it. i tried to enable the access bottom from the setting but still it is not...
  9. HP Webcam

HP Webcam: The HP Webcam on my Pavilion g6 laptop is not working and NOT listed in the device manager since Windows 10 was loaded. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-webcam/17d808f5-b6b4-463f-bf18-a33ac9080311
  10. Accessing Webcam

Accessing Webcam: Hi, I am having trouble keeping the camera on so it picks up me during the conversation of a virtual session. I see my participant fine. The audio is great in both directions. When I look for every possible location to ensure the webcam is on, they are. The problem when I...