Windows 10: HP will not use anything but integrated graphics

Discus and support HP will not use anything but integrated graphics in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Yesterday Windows update, after which my computer ran very slowly, especially while gaming. After looking around, I noticed that Nvidia Control Panel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AdrienneOrmsby, Oct 23, 2018.

1. HP will not use anything but integrated graphics

Yesterday Windows update, after which my computer ran very slowly, especially while gaming. After looking around, I noticed that Nvidia Control Panel would not open because it said I wasn't using an Nvidia graphics card. This is weird because the laptop's graphics card is an Nvidia Quadro M1200.

After Googling it, it appears that the problem may be that the laptop is only using the integrated graphics card instead of the regular one. The solution was to disable the integrated graphics, either through the device manager or the BIOS, or update my Nvidia drivers. After having done both, I am still stuck on integrated graphics.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

AdrienneOrmsby, Oct 23, 2018
  2. rman00 Win User

HP ZBook will not use anything but integrated graphics

Yesterday I had an 8-hour long Windows update, after which my computer ran very slowly, especially while gaming. After looking around, I noticed that Nvidia Control Panel would not open because it said I wasn't using an Nvidia graphics card. This is weird
    because the laptop's graphics card is an Nvidia Quadro M1200.

After Googling it, it appears that the problem may be that the laptop is only using the integrated graphics card instead of the regular one. The solution was to disable the integrated graphics, either through the device manager or the BIOS, or update my
    Nvidia drivers. After having done both, I am still stuck on integrated graphics.

Any help would be appreciated, I live quite far away from any place I could take my computer to have it looked at.

rman00, Oct 23, 2018
  3. HP ZBook will not use anything but integrated graphics

Download the graphic drivers from the HP page?

Pedro Bruguera, Oct 23, 2018
  4. AndreePin Win User

HP will not use anything but integrated graphics

graphics card problems

Hi,

Your computer makes a noise or beeps from your internal speaker because it failed to detect the graphics card. What we can suggest is for you to try cleaning your graphics card with a pencil eraser. Here are the steps below:

• Turn your computer off.
    • Pull out your video/graphics card.
    • Rubbed the cold contacts with soft pencil eraser.
    • Connect your video/graphics card back to the computer.
    Kindly note that this is just a temporary fix. If the case still continues, I suggest that you contact your graphics card's manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Oct 23, 2018
Thema:

HP will not use anything but integrated graphics

1. HP will not use anything but integrated graphics - Similar Threads - anything integrated graphics

2. use both integrated and dedicated graphics at same time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    use both integrated and dedicated graphics at same time: can I use both integrated and dedicated graphics at same time? Cand I used HDMI on dedicated graphics card for monitor, then use the integrated HDMI for another devices? monitor or soundbar ? will both work ?my motherboard show Supports AMD Multi-GPU. my CPU has intel...
  3. Windows 11 using integrated graphics instead of dedicated graphics

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 using integrated graphics instead of dedicated graphics: Hi, I use a Dell G15 5510 with an RTX 3060 Laptop and an Intel integrated graphics but when I BeamNG for some reason it uses integrated graphics instead of dedicated. I have changed settings in Windows to make it prefer to use dedicated and also in the nvidia control panel. I...
  4. Windows 11 using integrated graphics instead of dedicated graphics

Windows 11 using integrated graphics instead of dedicated graphics: Hi, I use a Dell G15 5510 with an RTX 3060 Laptop and an Intel integrated graphics but when I BeamNG for some reason it uses integrated graphics instead of dedicated. I have changed settings in Windows to make it prefer to use dedicated and also in the nvidia control panel. I...
  5. Laptop Using Integrated Graphics Instead of actual GPU

Laptop Using Integrated Graphics Instead of actual GPU: Hello. I have had this issue where my computer isn't using my Nvidia GPU when I game or anything else. It instead is using Intel Integrated Graphics. This has been occurring ever since I switched out my HDD for a new one. I have already installed the latest driver for it...
  6. Windows not using integrated graphics

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows not using integrated graphics: My laptop has suddenly stopped using integrated graphics. I have the latest intel drivers and windows updates etc. Every post I search online is about how to use the dedicated gpu instead of integrated which is unhelpful because I want the opposite. I want to run the desktop...
  7. W10 refuses to use integrated graphics

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    W10 refuses to use integrated graphics: [ATTACH] Hey Reddit, I'm trying to get my laptop to use automatically the integrated graphics (Intel UHD 630) instead of the dedicated NVIDIA GPU to save power, but it simply won't do it unless I disable the NVIDIA from the Device Manager. I tried playing around with the...
  8. can i use two displays on intel graphics integrated graphics

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can i use two displays on intel graphics integrated graphics: i was wondering if i could use 2 monitors on intel integrated graphics because i already have 1 plugged up in the back of my motherboard so could i plug up another display cord in the back of my motherboard...
  9. HP ZBook will not use anything but integrated graphics

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP ZBook will not use anything but integrated graphics: Yesterday I had an 8-hour long Windows update, after which my computer ran very slowly, especially while gaming. After looking around, I noticed that Nvidia Control Panel would not open because it said I wasn't using an Nvidia graphics card. This is weird because the...
  10. Z97 Use Integrated graphics card along with external graphics card.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Z97 Use Integrated graphics card along with external graphics card.: Hey, recently, I have came up with an idea of a fourth monitor, but my GPU (970) supports only three, which ones that I own. It has fourth one but I don't have the right cables for it for now. I noticed that my motherboard has two open video ports, one being VGA which I...