Windows 10: HP Windows 10 activation issue

Discus and support HP Windows 10 activation issue in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My HP Pavilion 24 says that Windows 10 is no longer activated and of course the warranty just expired. HP wants me to renew the warranty for a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NonoperationalAdult, Jan 14, 2020.

1. HP Windows 10 activation issue

My HP Pavilion 24 says that Windows 10 is no longer activated and of course the warranty just expired. HP wants me to renew the warranty for a few hundred dollars and ship them the machine to get it fixed. From what I understand there's a utility that they use to "tattoo" the serial number in the BIOS. Could anybody help me get my hands on this utility?

Also it is all OEM hardware, there have been no repairs, replacements or upgrades.

submitted by /u/NonoperationalAdult
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/NonoperationalAdult, Jan 14, 2020

2. ACTIVATION ISSUE

Hi,

Activation issues with Windows 10 devices are usually caused due to some hardware changes. For us to provide an effective resolution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• What changes have you made to your devices before this issue occurred?
    • Are your computers connected to a domain?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest visiting these links. These can be used as a reference on how to activate Windows 10:

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Jan 14, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 14, 2020
  4. HP Windows 10 activation issue

Unable to access HP Simple Pass to Sign-in to the computer on Windows 10

Hi Jerome,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing HP simple pass after upgrading to Windows 10. We will help you with this issue.

• Do let us know the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you installed HP simple pass software on your computer?

Try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to download the latest HP Simple Pass software from the manufacturer's website install it and check if it helps.

Step 2: If you have already installed the software, I suggest you to re-install it and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to Access Recovery Manager:

• Press Start button from the keyboard, type Recover Manager.
    • Select Recovery Manager from the list when it becomes available. Allow the action to continue, if prompted. The
      HP Recovery Manager opens.
    • Click Software program re-installation, Next , select
      HP SimplePass for the listing and then follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall application

Hope it helps. Try the above and get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

HP Windows 10 activation issue

1. HP Windows 10 activation issue - Similar Threads - activation issue

2. Having issues with windows activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having issues with windows activation: So I have recently bought a laptop that came with windows 10 and the product key, however, since upgrading to windows 11 education for school purposes, I have been unable to activate windows. It was activated before having to upgrade, however, it had an error activating my...
  3. Having issues with windows activation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having issues with windows activation: So I have recently bought a laptop that came with windows 10 and the product key, however, since upgrading to windows 11 education for school purposes, I have been unable to activate windows. It was activated before having to upgrade, however, it had an error activating my...
  4. Having issues with windows activation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Issue with Windows activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Windows activation: Years ago I purchased Windows 7 home and used it on my old PC until recently. In the meantime it was updated to windows 10, Due to hardware limitations, I couldn't upgrade it to Windows 11. I've since bought a new PC and attempted to use my previous Windows license. After...
  6. Issue with Windows activation

Issue with Windows activation: Years ago I purchased Windows 7 home and used it on my old PC until recently. In the meantime it was updated to windows 10, Due to hardware limitations, I couldn't upgrade it to Windows 11. I've since bought a new PC and attempted to use my previous Windows license. After...
  7. Issue with Windows Activation after replacing old hard drives with new ones in corporate...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Windows Activation after replacing old hard drives with new ones in corporate...: To whom it may concern,I recently refurbished four identical laptops for a customer in a professional / industrial environment.The laptops in question are all the same model as follows:HP EliteBook Folio 9470mThey sit into older style docking stations that are used...
  8. Issue with Windows Activation after replacing old hard drives with new ones in corporate...

Issue with Windows Activation after replacing old hard drives with new ones in corporate...: To whom it may concern,I recently refurbished four identical laptops for a customer in a professional / industrial environment.The laptops in question are all the same model as follows:HP EliteBook Folio 9470mThey sit into older style docking stations that are used...
  9. Issue with Windows Activation after replacing old hard drives with new ones in corporate...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Not receiving call from Microsoft Service Request regarding issues in activating Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Not receiving call from Microsoft Service Request regarding issues in activating Windows 10 Pro: My service request number is 7037937033. My previous support request number 7037930190, where now if I check it is written that "Issue is resolved" and I haven't even received a call in the first place, is closed.I have an issue where I am unable to activate my Windows 10 Pro...