Windows 10: HP windows 10 laptop forgotten password on start up screen

Discus and support HP windows 10 laptop forgotten password on start up screen in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I know I'm not the first nor will I be the last, but I forgot my password on startup, I have so many different passwords for many things so trying to... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by RAVEN aka RICHARD POWELL, Apr 6, 2019.

1. HP windows 10 laptop forgotten password on start up screen

I know I'm not the first nor will I be the last, but I forgot my password on startup, I have so many different passwords for many things so trying to remember them is a nightmare, is there anyone out there who can help me, please.

:)

RAVEN aka RICHARD POWELL, Apr 6, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Apr 6, 2019
  3. petedread Win User
    Forgotten windows password

I've taken home two of my friends laptops to fix. One has a harddrive problem that i'm fixing now. The other is a laptop given to her son by school. Because it's a laptop for children it has parental controls set high. She just wanted me to change the settings on her profile, no problem there but she has forgotten the password to her account and her sons. So I can't log on. A couple of years ago a friend of mine went on my comp wich had a password. I asked him how he logged on and he just replied "it's easy when you know how" So there must be a easy way to get around this problem. Can anyone tell me how to remove or resset the password?

petedread, Apr 6, 2019
  4. HP windows 10 laptop forgotten password on start up screen

Forgotten password

Hi,

"What to do if you forget your Windows 8/8.1 password"

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:

• If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
    • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. For more info, go to the

Reset your password
      webpage.
    • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.
    If you've tried these suggestions and still can't sign in:

• If you have Windows 8.1, you'll need to reinstall Windows.
    • If you have Windows RT 8.1, you'll need to contact your PC manufacturer.
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Microsoft forbids any assistance being given in these Forums to help you bypass or "crack" lost or forgotten Passwords.

Here is the Microsoft Information outlining that Policy:

Keeping Passwords Secure- Microsoft Policy on Getting Around Passwords

Microsoft policy about lost or forgotten passwords

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/189126#bookmark-third

Cheers.

Bill Smithers, Apr 6, 2019
Thema:

HP windows 10 laptop forgotten password on start up screen

1. HP windows 10 laptop forgotten password on start up screen - Similar Threads - laptop forgotten password

2. Windows 10 Password Forgotten

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Password Forgotten: I forgot my Windows password on my PC. Despite trying every password I've used, none seem to work. When I searched on YouTube for ways to reset my password, most suggested methods involved resetting the entire PC, which I'd rather avoid as it would wipe my data. However, I...
  3. Windows 10 Password Forgotten

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Password Forgotten: I forgot my Windows password on my PC. Despite trying every password I've used, none seem to work. When I searched on YouTube for ways to reset my password, most suggested methods involved resetting the entire PC, which I'd rather avoid as it would wipe my data. However, I...
  4. I have a HP laptop Pavilion forgotten password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a HP laptop Pavilion forgotten password: I have a HP pavilion laptop and forgot the user password to open the computer. Does anyone know the correct command to use to reset the password. My user name and password is not listed with windows or microsoft....
  5. I have a HP laptop Pavilion forgotten password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a HP laptop Pavilion forgotten password: I have a HP pavilion laptop and forgot the user password to open the computer. Does anyone know the correct command to use to reset the password. My user name and password is not listed with windows or microsoft....
  6. I have a HP laptop Pavilion forgotten password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. Windows 10 infinite loading screen and forgotten password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 infinite loading screen and forgotten password: Hi, recently I’ve had a problem with the windows “infinite loading screen problem”, where I’m stuck on a black loading screen whenever I start up my PC. I’ve fixed this issue in the past by using the windows automatic repair option and selecting my most recent system restore;...
  8. Windows 10 start up error and forgotten local password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 start up error and forgotten local password: Hi, I went to start up my laptop and it went into a windows start-up error and won't let me reset because I can't remember my password. I am able to sign on with the pin I have set up in safe mode, but I can't change anything at all, the system isn't letting me do...
  9. Forgotten windows 10 local laptop password

Forgotten windows 10 local laptop password: Forgotten windows 10 local laptop password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgotten-windows-10-local-laptop-password/3b687357-d71e-4686-af92-ee3b707d5e40
  10. Forgotten Windows 10 password

Forgotten Windows 10 password: I just purchased a refurbished HP I7 with Windows 10 operating system desktop computer and was initializing the operating system. I was interrupted and forgot the windows password I originally used. How can I reset the password. Nothing on screen but password entry location....