Windows 10: HP Windows 10 laptop now shuts down after most recent update when lid is moved

Discus and support HP Windows 10 laptop now shuts down after most recent update when lid is moved in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; As the title says. Already checked "Choose what closing the lid does." It was previously set to "Do nothing." Still is. Also, this isnt about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by FalconGTHO, Dec 16, 2018.

1. HP Windows 10 laptop now shuts down after most recent update when lid is moved

As the title says. Already checked "Choose what closing the lid does." It was previously set to "Do nothing." Still is. Also, this isnt about "Closing the lid", but merely adjusting the angle of the lid which results in immediate shutdown. Unit is always plugged in. Unit worked fine till the most recent December update now this issue has been triggered. Unit is a native Win 10 build, not upgrade.

As an aside, it also has the "Plugged in, charging/not charging/low battery issue" that popped up after a previous update in late summer, early fall.

:)

FalconGTHO, Dec 16, 2018

2. Any suggestions why my windows 10 laptop shuts down when the lid is closed and also without use and the lid open it shuts down

Any suggestions why my windows 10 laptop shuts down when the lid is closed and also without use and the lid open it shuts down?

Dan Finger, Dec 17, 2018
  3. travissm Win User
    HP Laptop shutting down when "close lid" option is set to "sleep" after Windows 10 upgrade?

Hello!

Need a bit of advice. I recently upgraded my HP Pavilion laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and love it but am having issues with a technical setting. I have always set my laptop to "go to sleep" whenever I close the lid but now it is shutting down. My laptop
    is a bit older so it takes a looooong time to start up so this is a bit frustrating.

Whenever I open the lid it will either start up from a shut down or give me a "HP Windows 10 laptop now shuts down after most recent update when lid is moved :(" error and say my PC needed to restart.

Any insight? I really need my laptop to sleep, not shut down!

Thank you!

travissm, Dec 17, 2018
  4. Road Rage Win User

HP Windows 10 laptop now shuts down after most recent update when lid is moved

HP Laptop shutting down when "close lid" option is set to "sleep" after Windows 10 upgrade?

Hello,

Did you find a solution to this problem yet?

I am having the exact same issue and I cannot find a solution to it. The problem is only on my HP Laptop. I can't have it inconveniently restarting every time I close the lid!

Every time I close the lid and reopen it again I get a blue screen that says ERROR and the laptop shuts down and then restarts. This is unacceptable!

I just recently bought this HP Laptop. I should take it back now and buy a different brand!

Road Rage, Dec 17, 2018
Thema:

HP Windows 10 laptop now shuts down after most recent update when lid is moved

1. HP Windows 10 laptop now shuts down after most recent update when lid is moved - Similar Threads - laptop shuts down

2. My laptop has recently updated Window's 10 and it is now shutting down intermittently.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop has recently updated Window's 10 and it is now shutting down intermittently.: I have tried several suggested things but it isn't working. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-has-recently-updated-windows-10-and-it/31a23ab3-3c5b-44cb-a96b-d6f9b463d068
  3. My laptop has recently updated Window's 10 and it is now shutting down intermittently.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop has recently updated Window's 10 and it is now shutting down intermittently.: I have tried several suggested things but it isn't working. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-has-recently-updated-windows-10-and-it/31a23ab3-3c5b-44cb-a96b-d6f9b463d068
  4. My laptop has recently updated Window's 10 and it is now shutting down intermittently.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. laptop shuts down when i close the lid

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    laptop shuts down when i close the lid: my laptop is shutting downnot sleep when i close the lid which use to go hibernate about 3 days ago...facing this problem from 3 days.....checked with power options.....everything is fine there....plz help...
  6. Shut Down when closing the lid

Shut Down when closing the lid: I have set my Win 10 computer's Power Options in the Control Panel to shut down when I close the lid. However I have noticed that after the screen is locked after ten minutes of no activity it does not shut down when I close the lid, it just stays in the locked screen...
  7. Laptop shuts down when in hibernation or closing lid

Laptop shuts down when in hibernation or closing lid: About a week ago my laptop had a change or hard drive. When I got it back, the screen went blank after being put on sleep mode, but I still could see and use the mouse. I rolled back the display driver and now it won’t project image through hdmi, and whenever I put it on...
  8. HP laptop with W10 shuts down when lid is closed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HP laptop with W10 shuts down when lid is closed: All setting are for “sleep” upon lid being closed but it shuts down. Up until a week ago it would sleep. I updated W10, but still won’t sleep. Any ideas? submitted by /u/Collierfiber2 [link] [comments]...
  9. Laptop shuts down after some time when closing lid

Laptop shuts down after some time when closing lid: hello, I have very annoying things happening with windows 10. One of the latest is that my laptop goes to sleep when closing the lid. The problem is that my power settings are set to "Do nothing" for closing lid and practically all settings regarding sleep - hibernate - shut...
  10. After recent update, laptop keeps shutting down

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After recent update, laptop keeps shutting down: after installing the latest update, my laptop wont stay powered on. Most of the time i power it up and it turns off after a few seconds. Sometimes it will show the MSI logo and go a little further, but it still powers off. It made it to the “windows is installing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop shuts down when closing lid after windwos 10 update