Windows 10: HP windows 10 laptop, will not see 5G networks

Discus and support HP windows 10 laptop, will not see 5G networks in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; HP windows 10 laptop. All windows and drivers updated. Will not see 5G networks. All other devices see the 5G networks SSID: **************... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dillonwelsh, Sep 27, 2018.

1. HP windows 10 laptop, will not see 5G networks

HP windows 10 laptop. All windows and drivers updated.

Will not see 5G networks. All other devices see the 5G networks

SSID: **************
    Protocol: 802.11n
    Security type: WPA2-Personal
    Network band: 2.4 GHz
    Network channel: 1
    IPv4 address: 192.168.1.15
    IPv4 DNS servers: 192.168.1.1
    Manufacturer: Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
    Description: Realtek RTL8723DE 802.11b/g/n PCIe Adapter
    Driver version: 2024.0.1.102
    Physical address (MAC): ******************

:)

dillonwelsh, Sep 27, 2018

2. Added new dual band router to my upgraded win 10 HP laptop but 5G option does not show up on available networks

I purchased new Netgear N600 and installed it. On my Acer laptop, when I search for WiFi networks, I see Netgear61 and Netgear61-5G but on my HP 15 laptop (which is newer) I only see Netgear61 but not the 5G band option. The network adapter on the HP is
    Realtek RTL 8188EE 802.11 bgn. I updated the driver but the driver was already the latest one. How can I get 5G access on my HP?

RogerKrieger885, Sep 27, 2018
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    Windows 10 5G nbn wifi not showing up

Hi,

There is a possibility that the wireless network adapter of your computer is not compatible with the 5G Wi-Fi network. Just to clarify, can your computer connect to other 5G networks?

For us to verify if your computer is compatible with the 5G Wi-Fi network, kindly provide the name of the wireless network card. To determine the device's name, follow these steps:

• Right-click the Windows logo, and then choose Device Manager.
    • Expand Network.
    • Locate the computer's wireless network card.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Argel Obm, Sep 27, 2018
  4. HP windows 10 laptop, will not see 5G networks

5G network issues

Hi, I have a network that has 2.4 and 5g. My laptop connects to the 2.4 network, but the 5g doesn't seem to pop up. My IPod connects fine to the 5g, but my laptop unfortunately doesn't.

-Windows 10 64bit

-Radio types supported: 802.11b 802.11g 802.11n

Does my laptop support 5g? If not, is there a way I could enable 5g support?

Edit: I have ThinkPad T420 Lenovo. My network adapters will be attached as an image to the post.

Thanks!

HP windows 10 laptop, will not see 5G networks a69be7b8-65d9-4b2c-b851-3fdd6838bb52.png

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

AnastasiaKaplina, Sep 27, 2018
Thema:

HP windows 10 laptop, will not see 5G networks

1. HP windows 10 laptop, will not see 5G networks - Similar Threads - laptop networks

2. laptop will not connect to home wifi, but connects to any other network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop will not connect to home wifi, but connects to any other network: I have a surface pro which has decided that I cannot stay connected to my home wifi, even though I have no issues connecting to my work network, hotspot or any other networks I have tried. I've tried my 2.4 and 5ghz networks and both of them will connect briefly, then...
  3. laptop will not connect to home wifi, but connects to any other network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop will not connect to home wifi, but connects to any other network: I have a surface pro which has decided that I cannot stay connected to my home wifi, even though I have no issues connecting to my work network, hotspot or any other networks I have tried. I've tried my 2.4 and 5ghz networks and both of them will connect briefly, then...
  4. Windows 11 laptop now requires full restart to change WiFi networks - how to fix???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 laptop now requires full restart to change WiFi networks - how to fix???: Hello! A month or two ago, my Dell XPS laptop begin exhibiting a very frustrating behavior: it now requires a full restart in order to connect to a wifi network, even a network it has already accessed and was functioning, if it goes out of range or disconnects for some...
  5. Windows 11 laptop now requires full restart to change WiFi networks - how to fix???

Windows 11 laptop now requires full restart to change WiFi networks - how to fix???: Hello! A month or two ago, my Dell XPS laptop begin exhibiting a very frustrating behavior: it now requires a full restart in order to connect to a wifi network, even a network it has already accessed and was functioning, if it goes out of range or disconnects for some...
  6. Surface laptop no longer able to connect to wifi network. The password is correct and all...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface laptop no longer able to connect to wifi network. The password is correct and all...: New Surface Laptop, all drivers updated. After one week, suddenly unable to connect to wifi. The password is correct, I've gone through all the steps in the troubleshooting, but just get the 'secured, unable to connect to this network' I can connect to hotspot, and my PC is...
  7. Surface laptop no longer able to connect to wifi network. The password is correct and all...

Surface laptop no longer able to connect to wifi network. The password is correct and all...: New Surface Laptop, all drivers updated. After one week, suddenly unable to connect to wifi. The password is correct, I've gone through all the steps in the troubleshooting, but just get the 'secured, unable to connect to this network' I can connect to hotspot, and my PC is...
  8. Surface laptop no longer able to connect to wifi network. The password is correct and all...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. I had to reset my hp laptop. When I tried to get back in, the only network which was shown...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I had to reset my hp laptop. When I tried to get back in, the only network which was shown...: Windows laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-had-to-reset-my-hp-laptop-when-i-tried-to-get/e3c8a138-c623-4efe-b4c0-5cfbc9d0f637
  10. My Dell laptop from 2018 does not show the wireless networks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Dell laptop from 2018 does not show the wireless networks: I have a Dell laptop from 2018 with Windows 10. Usually I use Ethernet cable to connect to the Internet and therefore, I had not paid attention that the laptop did not display the names of the wifi networks, which means I cannot connect to the Internet with WiFi. When I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp computer not seeing 5g

2. not seeing 5G network on windows 10

3. hp 5g driver for windows 10

4. hp laptop not catching 5g network,
  5. no 5g network on hp laptop,
  6. hp laptop does not see 5g ssid,
  7. windows 10 does not see 5g,
  8. realtek rtl8723de 802.11b g n pcie adapter does not see 5g,
  9. can not see 5g on my HP computer