Windows 10: Hp Windows 10 stuck in safe mode with screen requesting password

Discus and support Hp Windows 10 stuck in safe mode with screen requesting password in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Safe mode is not recognizing any functions. Is there a work around off line because it seems it requires the internet but it isn't responding to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by tfy1102, Apr 16, 2019.

1. tfy1102 Win User

Hp Windows 10 stuck in safe mode with screen requesting password

Safe mode is not recognizing any functions. Is there a work around off line because it seems it requires the internet but it isn't responding to the Wi-Fi. I have tried shutting it down nothing responds. It loads right back to the safe mode screen with my profile needing the password and it won't recognize it either.

I can not access command function, I have no re-install disk. I can not do anything nor go anywhere but the password page which does not accept any even though I created a new MS password on another laptop. Please help if you can.

:)

tfy1102, Apr 16, 2019

2. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Apr 16, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Stuck in safe mode in windows 10

Safe mode is intended to help fix most, if not all problems within an operating system, it's not good if we got stuck on it. To correct this, we suggest that you follow the steps below to exit out of Safe mode:

• Open Run command by pressing Windows key + R
      keys on the keyboard and type msconfig in the command box and press
      Enter.
    • Under General tab, put a check on Normal Startup option.
    • Reboot the system and check if the changes are effective.

Let us know if you are able to exit out of Safe mode with these steps.

Xylee Del, Apr 16, 2019
  4. pattyBme Win User

stuck in safe mode, password NOT working

After stupidly following instructions to go into safe mode to recall a secret file, (which now appears to be lost forever along with all my art), my Windows 10 PC is stuck in safe mode.

It will NOT accept my password. Which I have changed 4 times now.

The suggestion that Windows Icon + R may help, does NOT work.

The suggestion that the Shift + Power Button, could help, does NOT work.

The F2 or del suggestion on my ASUS that shows within seconds of rebooting, takes me to a blue screen, bios, which I know zero about and am haven't messed with.

I need to get into the windows screen. Help?

pattyBme, Apr 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Hp Windows 10 stuck in safe mode with screen requesting password - Similar Threads - stuck safe mode

2. Stuck in safe mode startup screen with password not working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck in safe mode startup screen with password not working.: I cannot access my laptop because I do not know the password for safe mode. I know it's not my PIN, but my working Microsoft password doesn't work either. Networking is not enabled although I thought I chose that when choosing to enter safe mode. I tried to connect via...
  3. Stuck in safe mode without password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck in safe mode without password: I login to my windows using pin. When i set msconfig to safe mode, i was unable to login to window when the login mode change to password. Kindly advise....
  4. PC stuck in safe mode (no password)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC stuck in safe mode (no password): Hey all, I've tried all my possible passwords and various recovery options, but I am at a loss. So I am looming into using NTpasswrd to wipe it, but wanted to see if there was a better option or if it was even still viable. Any help is welcome, thanks. submitted by...
  5. Stuck in safe mode without password

Stuck in safe mode without password: I've installed a new AMD GPU to replace my Nvidia GPU. It was reccomended to delete the old drivers in safe mode before installing the new ones. I booted up in safe mode, however it asks for my password to log in. I enter my current password (different than the one I setup...
  6. Stuck in safe mode, forgot password.

Stuck in safe mode, forgot password.: I wanted to uninstall some applications that were not getting uninstalled normally so I thought of doing it from safe mode. Only problem, I've been logging in using my PIN and have forgotten my password. And safe mode won't let me in without your password. Tried getting...
  7. Stuck in Windows 10 safe mode and forgot password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Stuck in Windows 10 safe mode and forgot password: I usually login with my PIN but when the laptop started on safe mode, it required a password for the microsoft account. I could not remember my password and reset the microsoft account password using the browser on mobile. But the laptop doesn't connect to the internet so it...
  8. Windows 10 Safe Mode Password Request

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Safe Mode Password Request: I have recently had the need to start my Windows 10 computer in safe mode. At a certain point in the safe mode startup I am asked for a password. I entered my Microsoft Account password, which is the one I use to unlock my computer, but it would not accept this password....
  9. Stuck in safe mode windows 10 (password locked)

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck in safe mode windows 10 (password locked): I recently moved my windows to an SSD and my PC started getting blue screen and freezing issues when gaming. I wanted to try reboot into safe mode so I can uninstall my gpu drivers but it was asking for a password that I don't know. I cant go past the login screen at all even...
  10. Stuck on Safe mode, no password.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Stuck on Safe mode, no password.: Today i launched DDU (Display driver uninstaller), And it brought my pc to "Safe-Mode" login screen. And when i typed my password , it said its incorrect. ( when i enter the local password on a system startup repair or something like that it works, but only at the win 10...