Windows 10: HP Windows 11 not accepting SSD Drive

Discus and support HP Windows 11 not accepting SSD Drive in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have an Samsung portable SSD that contains tens of thousands of pictures from my childhood. I've been using a Microsoft Surface 4 to access it, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by EmaanEscense, Dec 5, 2023.

1. HP Windows 11 not accepting SSD Drive

I have an Samsung portable SSD that contains tens of thousands of pictures from my childhood. I've been using a Microsoft Surface 4 to access it, but it won't work on an HP laptop with Windows 11... why is that, and what can I do to remedy it? If ever I am attempting to access it from Files while it's plugged in, it is stuck loading eternally. I've tried to plug it into the other slot and it makes the noise but doesn't show up. I've tried restarting my computer and configuring it in settings. What can I do specifically, or is there a reason it isn't working?

:)

EmaanEscense, Dec 5, 2023
  2. WesKlatt Win User

Upgrading HP SSD drive on HP 750-524

I purchased an HP Envy tower with a 128Gb SSD which is where Windows is installed, I have purchased a new 1TB SSD drive that I would like to replace the 128 GB drive with. My machine did not come with the Windows 10 Media, what steps do I need to take before
    I install the new drive and install windows.

• Where do I get the Windows 10 install
    • What steps are needed to create an Install disk
    • Do I have to deactivate my old install before removing the old drive.
    Please let me know if there are any other considerations.

Best Regards,

Wes

WesKlatt, Dec 5, 2023
  3. malware Win User
    HP Plans SSD Drives in Future Business Laptops

Hewlett-Packard plans to offer solid-state drives (SSDs) as an option in all professional series laptop PCs starting from next month because the drives operate faster, conserve battery life, have less weight, and are more durable than conventional hard disk drives. HP will first offer the option of 64GB NAND flash memory drives in products it announced earlier this month, the HP Compaq 2710p, 2510p, 6910p, and 8000 series, and will continue to offer it in future models. Choosing the SSD option will add around $1,000 to the cost of a laptop, but HP expects the cost to come down as SSDs gain acceptance in the marketplace and volumes increase, said Dan Forlenza, vice president of business notebooks at HP, during a news conference in Taipei.

Source: Yahoo News

malware, Dec 5, 2023
  4. topgundcp Win User

HP Windows 11 not accepting SSD Drive

Cloning to SSD then swapping drive letters

@SamHobbs
    What you want done is very simple and can be done in short period of time. Here's my suggestion:
    There's 2 modes that Windows can be installed: UEFI and the old legacy MBR. Open Disk Management, look at the disk where your C drive is, if there's a
    1. EFI System Partition, your Windows was installed using UEFI.
    2. System Reserved partition, your Windows was installed using MBR
    Next, Connect your SSD to an available Sata port (no need to format or do anything). Download: Macrium Reflect Free . Install and run. Follow the steps below:
    1. From Macrium, click on image this disk under your C drive and save it to either an Internal or External Drive. This will create a single backup image of the whole disk containing your C drive.
    2. Again, from Macrium, click on Restore tab and select the image created from step 1, Select your SSD as the destination drive, click Next->Finish
    3. Exit Macrium. If your Windows was installed using MBR, Open disk management and make sure the SSD is marked "Active" else go to next step.
    4. Shutdown your PC. Disconnect the HD containing Windows C drive then connect your SSD to it.
    5. Reboot. Your PC should boot and the Windows should have C as the drive letter.

NOTE: The procedure above is to backup your Windows to an image file then copy it back to the SSD. This ensures proper cluster size aligment for the SSD. In addition, Macrium also perform Trimming for the SSD. This is more preferable than cloning.

topgundcp, Dec 5, 2023
Thema:

HP Windows 11 not accepting SSD Drive

1. HP Windows 11 not accepting SSD Drive - Similar Threads - accepting SSD Drive

2. HP Windows 11 not accepting SSD Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Windows 11 not accepting SSD Drive: I have an Samsung portable SSD that contains tens of thousands of pictures from my childhood. I've been using a Microsoft Surface 4 to access it, but it won't work on an HP laptop with Windows 11... why is that, and what can I do to remedy it? If ever I am attempting to...
  3. New SSD drive not showing in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New SSD drive not showing in windows 11: I put in a new SSD drive but file explorer does not seem to see it. I can see it in the BIOS and Device Manager. I have tried updating it says I am all up to date. I have a ASUS Prime Z-490 board. Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHz Installed RAM 32.0 GB...
  4. New SSD drive not showing in windows 11

New SSD drive not showing in windows 11: I put in a new SSD drive but file explorer does not seem to see it. I can see it in the BIOS and Device Manager. I have tried updating it says I am all up to date. I have a ASUS Prime Z-490 board. Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHz Installed RAM 32.0 GB...
  5. formatting a SSD drive for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    formatting a SSD drive for Windows 11: What is the recommended file system to format a Solid State drive for Windows 11 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/formatting-a-ssd-drive-for-windows-11/53458dfd-4f99-4ab7-9e6b-cae1d9e04646
  6. formatting a SSD drive for Windows 11

formatting a SSD drive for Windows 11: What is the recommended file system to format a Solid State drive for Windows 11 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/formatting-a-ssd-drive-for-windows-11/53458dfd-4f99-4ab7-9e6b-cae1d9e04646
  7. window 11 acceptable processor

window 11 acceptable processor: Why is my processor "Intel i7-4510u" not on the window 11 accept list? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-11-acceptable-processor/f70e8619-7bf9-430c-aea9-7ea6952dad2d
  8. HP Windows 10 will not accept password or login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    HP Windows 10 will not accept password or login: Hello. This notebook is 13 months old and is in good condition. I've had no problems with it until now. I turn it off each night and back on in the morning. I log in using a PIN. This morning it would not accept my PIN nor would it allow me to Reset it. It will also not...
  9. HP laptop not accepting audio input.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP laptop not accepting audio input.: For some reason my HP laptop doesn't allow any audio input, using the built-in mic doesn't work and if I connect headphones the mic doesn't work. I have tried reinstalling audio drivers and that did not fix the problem, I also have my mic enabled in the privacy settings so I...
  10. Flash drive not accepted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Flash drive not accepted: Windows 10, Update Apr 2018. "Backup and Restore Windows 7" will not accept flash drive in addition to CD's. How do I create a system image or repair on a flash drive?...