Windows 10: HP Wolf Security Has Disabled Windows Defender

Discus and support HP Wolf Security Has Disabled Windows Defender in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have an HP Pro Mini desktop I've been using for about six months. Before that, I used an HP EliteDesk desktop. Both had HP Wolf security lurking in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RxDave, Dec 4, 2023.

1. RxDave Win User

HP Wolf Security Has Disabled Windows Defender

I have an HP Pro Mini desktop I've been using for about six months. Before that, I used an HP EliteDesk desktop. Both had HP Wolf security lurking in the background without any problems. Other than the logo that appeared on startup, I was barely aware of it. My primary was Windows Defender and that has been running fine. Until today. Today, after installing a device driver, suddenly HP Wolf has taken over virus and threat protection see images and disabled Windows Defender. I did not authorize this. One of the "actions needed" they are demanding is to create an online account. In o

:)

RxDave, Dec 4, 2023
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Windows defender and HP Wolf Security both are running -> which exclusions are necessary

If you have paid for a HP Wolf Security subscription, that will work alongside Defender automatically, there are no settings you need to change, like all security software, the HP Wolf setup routine will make the necessary changes automatically

DaveM121, Dec 4, 2023
  3. Windows defender and HP Wolf Security both are running -> which exclusions are necessary

Hello,

I have a new HP Probook 455 and Windows 11.

If I remember correctly, 2 AV programs were turned on when I first started the Laptop: WIndows defender and HP Wolf Security.

I used to think that only one AV program should be running, but now I have the impressions two is fine (better?) as long as both programs don't search in each others directories.

So now I wanted to check whether both programs know "where not to look".

HP Wolf Security automatically inserts the exclusions it needs into windows defender, I checked that it did. They also name which directories need to be excluded on their website.

But in HP Wolf Security, no exclusions are named so far.

What directories / files from Windows defender need to be named there?

I've been searching the web but have not been succesful so far.

This surprises me - is it maybe irrelevant to even assign exclusions?

Thanks for any advice.

Nikoooleta, Dec 4, 2023
  4. HP Wolf Security Has Disabled Windows Defender

Windows defender and HP Wolf Security both are running -> which exclusions are necessary

Great, thank you.
    May you explain why it is not necessary to include exceptions also within HP Wolf security?
    It is not of importance, but I didn't buy HP Wolf Security, the laptop came with it (for 1 year I suppose)

Nikoooleta, Dec 4, 2023
Thema:

HP Wolf Security Has Disabled Windows Defender

1. HP Wolf Security Has Disabled Windows Defender - Similar Threads - Wolf Security Has

2. HP Wolf Security Has Disabled Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Wolf Security Has Disabled Windows Defender: I have an HP Pro Mini desktop I've been using for about six months. Before that, I used an HP EliteDesk desktop. Both had HP Wolf security lurking in the background without any problems. Other than the logo that appeared on startup, I was barely aware of it. My primary was...
  3. I bought a computer from someone and it has windows11 with wolf security and it islocked...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I bought a computer from someone and it has windows11 with wolf security and it islocked...: I bought a hp laptop and it has wolf security on it the password I was given does not work. How can I get logged into this computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-bought-a-computer-from-someone-and-it-has/c3001c11-76dd-4c39-ab81-cc5203360089
  4. I bought a computer from someone and it has windows11 with wolf security and it islocked...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought a computer from someone and it has windows11 with wolf security and it islocked...: I bought a hp laptop and it has wolf security on it the password I was given does not work. How can I get logged into this computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-bought-a-computer-from-someone-and-it-has/c3001c11-76dd-4c39-ab81-cc5203360089
  5. Windows Security has broken or disabled by AVG

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security has broken or disabled by AVG: Hi guys This is my first time to post questions in it, If anything wrong please let me know and I will correct next time.My question is how to remove AVG from windows registry because it still somehow prevents windows security to work. I noticed that for name sake prevent...
  6. Windows Security has broken or disabled by AVG

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security has broken or disabled by AVG: Hi guys This is my first time to post questions in it, If anything wrong please let me know and I will correct next time.My question is how to remove AVG from windows registry because it still somehow prevents windows security to work. I noticed that for name sake prevent...
  7. Windows defender and HP Wolf Security both are running -> which exclusions are necessary

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender and HP Wolf Security both are running -> which exclusions are necessary: Hello,I have a new HP Probook 455 and Windows 11. If I remember correctly, 2 AV programs were turned on when I first started the Laptop: WIndows defender and HP Wolf Security. I used to think that only one AV program should be running, but now I have the impressions two is...
  8. Windows defender and HP Wolf Security both are running -> which exclusions are necessary

Windows defender and HP Wolf Security both are running -> which exclusions are necessary: Hello,I have a new HP Probook 455 and Windows 11. If I remember correctly, 2 AV programs were turned on when I first started the Laptop: WIndows defender and HP Wolf Security. I used to think that only one AV program should be running, but now I have the impressions two is...
  9. I can't disable Windows Security/Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't disable Windows Security/Defender: Hello, I want to disable Windows Firewall/Security beacuse the ram usage is too high. But when I disable Windows Security, it enables itself please help me. Thanks...
  10. I can't disable Windows Security/Defender

I can't disable Windows Security/Defender: Hello, I want to disable Windows Firewall/Security beacuse the ram usage is too high. But when I disable Windows Security, it enables itself please help me. Thanks...