Windows 10: HP450 Laptop wakes up on its own from hibernation

Discus and support HP450 Laptop wakes up on its own from hibernation in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have an HP450 running Windows 10 version 1903. It wakes up on its own from hibernation. Seems to occur if we leave it in hibernation for about 8... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ced2, Sep 20, 2019.

1. ced2 Win User

HP450 Laptop wakes up on its own from hibernation

I have an HP450 running Windows 10 version 1903. It wakes up on its own from hibernation. Seems to occur if we leave it in hibernation for about 8 hours.

I have reviewed other similar problems on Community but cannot resolve this.

I disabled setting for plugged in: "Allow wake timers"

In control panel,

All control panel items\Security and Maintenance

Chance Maintenance Settings

Automatic Maintenance

The setting "Allow scheduled maintenance to wake up at the scheduled time"

was already unchecked

I ran "taskschd.msc"

In UpdateOrchestrator

Universal Orchestrator Start

Conditions tab

under power,

The checkbox "Wake the computer to run this task" is checked but it is greyed-out so I cannot change it.

I am the administrator (there is only one user on this laptop)

I will check "reason for last wake" later today, but am not optimistic.

Any other ideas?

:)

2. yakideo Win User

S4 (hibernation) USB/network wake up

Hi,

I have this annoying problem. When my computer enters the S4 powerstate (hibernation) I can wake it up by just clicking with the mouse. Even when EuP is enabled the mouse can still wake up the computer. After a night of sleep I find the computer powered on. So not only can the mouse wake up the system, it also seems that network traffic can too.

I thought that hibernation was like power off but with the option to save the RAM to disk. At least before I always need to push the power button to boot after hibernation.

Any suggestions?

Asus P7P55D-E
    Windows 7

yakideo, Sep 20, 2019
  3. Laptop wakes up suddenly and hibernate

Hello,

After closing my laptop's lid it begins to sleep, but after few minutes it wakes up, works a little and goes to hibernation.

I checked my settings, hibernation is off everywhere.

I don't want my computer hibernating, so I want to solve this issue.

Anyone knows the solution?

Thanks

superpenguin, Sep 20, 2019
  4. HP450 Laptop wakes up on its own from hibernation

Wake from hibernation

My system goes into Hibernate mode in 180 minutes when I don’t use it and I have to wake it up by pressing the power button. The problem is that I use my laptop mainly as a desktop machine and need to lift the lid and press the button often. Is there
    any way to wake up the laptop from the hibernation with a keyboard or a mouse?

JamesMania, Sep 20, 2019
Thema:

HP450 Laptop wakes up on its own from hibernation

1. HP450 Laptop wakes up on its own from hibernation - Similar Threads - HP450 Laptop wakes

2. Acer laptop doesnt wake up from hibernation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Acer laptop doesnt wake up from hibernation: So I've had this very weird issue with my acer aspire 5 where it wakes up from sleep if it's woken up at short intervals. But when it's in sleep for a prolonged period of time, which I assume that it goes into hibernation since I've set it to do so after 180 minutes under...
  3. PC waking from sleep or hibernation on its own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC waking from sleep or hibernation on its own: Recently my desktop computer will not sleep or hibernate. about 30 seconds after switching to sleep or hibernate the pc wakes up again. I am using Window 10 Home all updated to with the latest updates. Can anyone help please?...
  4. PC waking from sleep or hibernation on its own

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC waking from sleep or hibernation on its own: Recently my desktop computer will not sleep or hibernate. about 30 seconds after switching to sleep or hibernate the pc wakes up again. I am using Window 10 Home all updated to with the latest updates. Can anyone help please?...
  5. PC waking from sleep or hibernation on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Laptop wakes from Hibernate

Laptop wakes from Hibernate: I know this problem has been posted many times before, but I have yet to see any answers that help me, and I hope that I will, as this is increasingly frustrating. I have an Asus Zenbook UX434FLC and am using the option to Hibernate when I press the Power button. However,...
  7. Windows 10 wake up from sleep on its own

Windows 10 wake up from sleep on its own: My laptop model is Asus x507UF and OS is windows 10. When i click to "Sleep" from start manu, it goes to sleep but after less than 2s it wake up on its own without any user interaction. What can i do now?...
  8. Trying to solve issue with PC waking from hibernate on its own.

Trying to solve issue with PC waking from hibernate on its own.: I have a program on my phone that I use to send a magic packet to my pc to cause wake on LAN. However my pc will randomly turn on its own without me sending it any packets. It happens inconsistently so it shouldn't be anything to do with the clock I think. I have included a...
  9. PC wakes up from sleep mode on its own

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC wakes up from sleep mode on its own: Sometimes the issue occurs at night. It is really annoying. I ran the Cmd prompt, powercfg - lastwake and found a report that Extensible Host controller AMD USB 3.0 - 1.0 is culprit. I went to the Device Manager to turn off the sleep mode in this controller but didn’t find...
  10. PC wakes wakes up from Hibernate

in Windows 10 Support
    PC wakes wakes up from Hibernate: A few Preview builds have been acting strangely. If I put computer to sleep or hibernate it wakes up by itself and keeps doing in the loop. Seems like it's happening during the night. Any idea? Thanks 105289