Windows 10: HP5540 Printer not connecting to Network, since Windows Update & 5G enabled by Internet...

Discus and support HP5540 Printer not connecting to Network, since Windows Update & 5G enabled by Internet... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Over the last 12 days I have had problems with our Print connection via Windows 10 OS, I have very limited PC knowledge and have spent the last 3 days... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AmandaGroombridge, Sep 7, 2019.

1. HP5540 Printer not connecting to Network, since Windows Update & 5G enabled by Internet...

Over the last 12 days I have had problems with our Print connection via Windows 10 OS, I have very limited PC knowledge and have spent the last 3 days on line with HP Support Team who via remote control have also been unable to fix the issue.

The printer is installed, is connected via Wi-Fi with the router, but the default print option is to Microsoft PDF and not the printer direct.

The spoolers have been cleared, re-set, the printer uninstalled & re-installed numerous times, the Router re-set, the whole system purged, all to no avail.

I would be most grateful if anyone could assist with a step by step solution or indeed a link to the solution.

The error message that comes up is: Operation could complete error OX00000490 element not found

Even though the printer is there, set up, it appears to not see it and says 'printer not installed' when you try to select another print option.

Hopefully someone can help.

:)

AmandaGroombridge, Sep 7, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

HP5540 Printer not connecting to Network, since Windows Update & 5G enabled by Internet... [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

HP5540 Printer not connecting to Network, since Windows Update & 5G enabled by Internet... [​IMG]

topgundcp, Sep 7, 2019
  3. Wireless printer does not show my Asus router 5g network

Hi Dan,

It is possible that this issue is caused by the incompatibility between your network/router and printer. To better assist you we would like to verify some information:

• Can your other devices detect the 5G network?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Sep 7, 2019
  4. DanGomez Win User

HP5540 Printer not connecting to Network, since Windows Update & 5G enabled by Internet...

Wireless printer does not show my Asus router 5g network

When trying to setup my HP Officejet 4655 to be on the same network as my computer the list does not show my 5g network. I had the printer working fine before Xfinity did an update and shut down my internet for a day.

DanGomez, Sep 7, 2019
Thema:

HP5540 Printer not connecting to Network, since Windows Update & 5G enabled by Internet...

1. HP5540 Printer not connecting to Network, since Windows Update & 5G enabled by Internet... - Similar Threads - HP5540 Printer connecting

2. Laptop windows wont connect to a 5g network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop windows wont connect to a 5g network: Hi,I have a windows laptop with MediaTek Wifi 6 mt7921 wireless lan card and today it just decided not to connect to my 5g network. I have a router with 2 networks, one is 2.4GHz and it connects to it normally but it does not want to connect to the 5GHz one. It was connected...
  3. My laptop doesn't connect to my 5G network since the last update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop doesn't connect to my 5G network since the last update.: My error is as follows: My network controller Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 Wireless Network Adapter was updated through Windows Update, and since then, when connecting to the 5G network which previously worked correctly, I tried to fix the error by reinstalling the network...
  4. My laptop doesn't connect to my 5G network since the last update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop doesn't connect to my 5G network since the last update.: My error is as follows: My network controller Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 Wireless Network Adapter was updated through Windows Update, and since then, when connecting to the 5G network which previously worked correctly, I tried to fix the error by reinstalling the network...
  5. Can't connect to 5g network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to 5g network: I've had this problem before that whenever I try to connect to the 5G network in my home I get the message "Can't connect to this network", but the 2G network works just fine. Previously, this problem has misteriously sorted itself out, but this time it seems like it won't....
  6. Can't connect to 5g network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't connect to 5g network: I've had this problem before that whenever I try to connect to the 5G network in my home I get the message "Can't connect to this network", but the 2G network works just fine. Previously, this problem has misteriously sorted itself out, but this time it seems like it won't....
  7. Can't connect to 5g network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Can not connect to -5G internets

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can not connect to -5G internets: My friend have a new laptop that for some reason does not support 5G internet. Is there a way to add 5G support on his laptop, if yes, what to download/buy? Thank you submitted by /u/TEHCUDE [link] [comments]...
  9. Wireless connection to internet. No 5G

Wireless connection to internet. No 5G: I am able to connect at 2.4G but unable to now connect at 5G, used to be able to connect at 5G okay. Other PC and smart phones all connect at 5G. What am I doing wrong. This is a Asus Core I7. Thanks in advance....
  10. Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer: I have 3 computers that are connected to internet and are also connected to network printer. I have another computer that has financial data. In order to prevent any copying, I want to turnoff internet and block all USB ports on this 4th computer but still want to allow user...