Windows 10: HP5540 Printer not connecting to Network, since Windows Update & 5G enabled by Internet...

Discus and support HP5540 Printer not connecting to Network, since Windows Update & 5G enabled by Internet... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Over the last 12 days I have had problems with our Print connection via Windows 10 OS, I have very limited PC knowledge and have spent the last 3 days... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AmandaGroombridge, Sep 7, 2019.

1. HP5540 Printer not connecting to Network, since Windows Update & 5G enabled by Internet...

Over the last 12 days I have had problems with our Print connection via Windows 10 OS, I have very limited PC knowledge and have spent the last 3 days on line with HP Support Team who via remote control have also been unable to fix the issue.

The printer is installed, is connected via Wi-Fi with the router, but the default print option is to Microsoft PDF and not the printer direct.

The spoolers have been cleared, re-set, the printer uninstalled & re-installed numerous times, the Router re-set, the whole system purged, all to no avail.

I would be most grateful if anyone could assist with a step by step solution or indeed a link to the solution.

The error message that comes up is: Operation could complete error OX00000490 element not found

Even though the printer is there, set up, it appears to not see it and says 'printer not installed' when you try to select another print option.

Hopefully someone can help.

:)

AmandaGroombridge, Sep 7, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

HP5540 Printer not connecting to Network, since Windows Update & 5G enabled by Internet... [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

HP5540 Printer not connecting to Network, since Windows Update & 5G enabled by Internet... [​IMG]

topgundcp, Sep 7, 2019
  3. Wireless printer does not show my Asus router 5g network

Hi Dan,

It is possible that this issue is caused by the incompatibility between your network/router and printer. To better assist you we would like to verify some information:

• Can your other devices detect the 5G network?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Sep 7, 2019
  4. DanGomez Win User

HP5540 Printer not connecting to Network, since Windows Update & 5G enabled by Internet...

Wireless printer does not show my Asus router 5g network

When trying to setup my HP Officejet 4655 to be on the same network as my computer the list does not show my 5g network. I had the printer working fine before Xfinity did an update and shut down my internet for a day.

DanGomez, Sep 7, 2019
Thema:

HP5540 Printer not connecting to Network, since Windows Update & 5G enabled by Internet...

1. HP5540 Printer not connecting to Network, since Windows Update & 5G enabled by Internet... - Similar Threads - HP5540 Printer connecting

2. Connecting my ASUS Laptop to 5G Internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connecting my ASUS Laptop to 5G Internet: I have an Asus laptop with windows 10 and I just got spectrum wifi that has both a 2G and 5G connection and yet the laptop refuses to show the 5G connection which I need for school. The Network adapter list includes Bluetooth options, the Qualcomm Atheros AR956x WNA, Realtek...
  3. 5G Network

5G Network: How can I find out whether my PC supports 5G? How can I turn it on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/5g-network/dfde8283-d8ac-42c3-8cfd-e9ff8ea6ede1
  4. network connected but no internet

network connected but no internet: Help. I connected my LAN cable to my laptop but it only shows network no internet[ATTACH] when i do ipconfig/all this is the result C:\Windows\system32>ipconfig/all Windows IP Configuration Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : LAPTOP-QRF73OS5 Primary Dns...
  5. Connect a Network Printer

Connect a Network Printer: Hi, I have two computers and each one has its own printer. They are connected in the same network. How can I connect to the other computer's printer? I can't seem to figure this out.......
  6. no network connection but connected to internet

no network connection but connected to internet: Windows 10 Home Version 1803 I recently changed my ISP. Now I'm connected to the internet, but Microsoft apps/app store/updates and such say I'm not connected. I've searched the forums and tried every fix I can find. I've reset the network adapter and tried updating the...
  7. Wireless connection to internet. No 5G

Wireless connection to internet. No 5G: I am able to connect at 2.4G but unable to now connect at 5G, used to be able to connect at 5G okay. Other PC and smart phones all connect at 5G. What am I doing wrong. This is a Asus Core I7. Thanks in advance....
  8. network 5g

network 5g: computer sees the 5GHz WiFi but will not connect (Windows 10) 2.4 and 5g both show up, will connect to 2.4 but says cannot connect to 5g, have connected to 5g on other devices. Acer all in one desktop Qualcomm Atheros AR5BWB222 Wireless Network Adapter any help...
  9. Internet Networking Connection

Internet Networking Connection: I currently have a working Internet connection via ethernet. However, in "Settings>Network and Internet>Status" nothing is showing as connected. Under "Ethernet" it shows "no Internet". Additionally there is no longer the ability to set up a WiFi connection (there previously...
  10. Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer: I have 3 computers that are connected to internet and are also connected to network printer. I have another computer that has financial data. In order to prevent any copying, I want to turnoff internet and block all USB ports on this 4th computer but still want to allow user...