Windows 10: hp8600 scanner

Discus and support hp8600 scanner in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have an HP8600 All-In-One printer and I'm running Windows 10 beta. All update are installed I was trying to establish a connection from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sammary, Mar 31, 2021.

1. sammary Win User

hp8600 scanner

I have an HP8600 All-In-One printer and I'm running Windows 10 beta. All update are installed

I was trying to establish a connection from the printer's scanner to a folder in OneDrive. Despite having all the correct information I was getting an error message. I know the information is correct because I have a laptop running Windows 10 and I'm able to successfully scan to the folder. Note that last month this worked fine so the only change I can think of is that I moved my OS to beta.

I downloaded the HP Print and Scan Doctor, this produced a strange situation in that it is showing me 2 printers one called SaraPrinter and one called HP OfficeJet Pro8600. The former shows installed while the later shows uninstalled, both show that they are using the same IP address. When I selected the SaraPrinter the app came back with and error message that it was unable to communicate with the selected product. This being odd because I can print to SaraPrinter. At the printer console I see that it is connected to my wireless network at the IP address that I expected it to be. Next I restarted the app and selected the HP OfficeJet Pro8600, the app found the printer and had me installed another piece of HP software called HP Smart. Which did nothing to resolve the problem.

Given that 2 printers were showing up I decided to delete all printer and scanner drivers which seemed to work fine. Then I went to the HP site to download the new software. When I tried to run the software I got an error message saying that it couldn't setup a wireless printer because it couldn't connect. So I went into Control Panel ->Printers and was able to setup the printer with no issues and I can print to it. Device Manager also shows that the HP Officejet Pro 8600 Class Driver is installed and there is a print queue called SaraPrinter.

Is there a way to completely delete all references to HP printers and scanners from my computer so I can start over clean? I have tried the trial version of Revo but I'm still having the same issues.

I will update this question as I fumble for the answer. So far the only answer I have is that HP software is horrible with their support for out of warranty products being worse.

In advance, thanks

:)

sammary, Mar 31, 2021

2. Connect Dell PC with Windows 10 to an HP8600 scanner/printer

Trying to connect my Dell PC with Windows 10 to an HP8600 scanner/printer. I have a cable wire and connected the printer just fine but cannot seem to connect the scanner. I am using someone else's wifi and am wondering if that is the problem. I assume
    you do not need wifi with the cable since it is not wireless. Thank you for any feedback!

SteveLillis, Mar 31, 2021
  3. Microtek scanner on Win 10 Pro

Hi Jean,

To get better clarity on the issue, kindly answer the questions below:

• Is the scanner detected under Devices?
    • Were you able to see the scanner on the Device Manager?
    • Have you installed the latest driver for the scanner?

We suggest you to run the troubleshooter for hardware and devices. To do this, follow the steps:

• On the Start menu, type Troubleshooting and hit enter.
    • Choose Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Hardware and Devices and run the troubleshooter.

If issue persists, we suggest you contact the manufacturer to get better assistance.

Do let us know if you need further assistance.

Monica Cam, Mar 31, 2021
  4. bobkn Win User

hp8600 scanner

bobkn, Mar 31, 2021
Thema:

hp8600 scanner

1. hp8600 scanner - Similar Threads - hp8600 scanner

2. HP Envy 6000 series will only print a test page and from the scanner, not from the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Envy 6000 series will only print a test page and from the scanner, not from the...: HP Envy 6000 series will only print a test page and from the scanner, not from the computer. I have unplugged and restarted.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-envy-6000-series-will-only-print-a-test-page/722a1e51-7392-4c89-b04d-22399ccd6470
  3. HP Envy 6000 series will only print a test page and from the scanner, not from the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Envy 6000 series will only print a test page and from the scanner, not from the...: HP Envy 6000 series will only print a test page and from the scanner, not from the computer. I have unplugged and restarted.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-envy-6000-series-will-only-print-a-test-page/722a1e51-7392-4c89-b04d-22399ccd6470
  4. Running Microsoft Service Scanner 1.409.372.0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Running Microsoft Service Scanner 1.409.372.0: I have just finished running Microsoft Service Scanner 1.409.372.0.While running it said it had detected two potentially unsafe files, however when it finished the run it came back with the message "The scan completely successfully and no viruses, spyware, and other...
  5. Running Microsoft Service Scanner 1.409.372.0

Running Microsoft Service Scanner 1.409.372.0: I have just finished running Microsoft Service Scanner 1.409.372.0.While running it said it had detected two potentially unsafe files, however when it finished the run it came back with the message "The scan completely successfully and no viruses, spyware, and other...
  6. Microsoft safety scanner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft safety scanner: Hi,The Microsoft safety scanner has been stuck on one file, windows-defender-ma... Can't see the rest for about 3h now.It's what I presume to be the last file and it has collectively been running for 13h 44minIs that normal or should I cancel and start over?...
  7. Microsoft safety scanner

Microsoft safety scanner: Hi,The Microsoft safety scanner has been stuck on one file, windows-defender-ma... Can't see the rest for about 3h now.It's what I presume to be the last file and it has collectively been running for 13h 44minIs that normal or should I cancel and start over?...
  8. When I open my Epson Scanner it displays too large so I am not able to use my scanner...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I open my Epson Scanner it displays too large so I am not able to use my scanner...: When I open my Epson Scanner it displays too large so I am not able to use my scanner functions. How can I change the way it displays so I have access to the functions?...
  9. When I open my Epson Scanner it displays too large so I am not able to use my scanner...

When I open my Epson Scanner it displays too large so I am not able to use my scanner...: When I open my Epson Scanner it displays too large so I am not able to use my scanner functions. How can I change the way it displays so I have access to the functions?...
  10. HP officejet printer connected to PC but scanner did not. How do I connect scanner?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP officejet printer connected to PC but scanner did not. How do I connect scanner?: I connected my HP officejet 8025 all-in-one printer to my PC with Windows 11, but the scanner did not connect. How do I connect the scanner?...