Windows 10: HPET automatically re-enabling itself after every startup (AMD)/Freeze

Discus and support HPET automatically re-enabling itself after every startup (AMD)/Freeze in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; on my system the useplatformclock YES even with hpet on bios disabled cause freeze. It's unbeliaveble that a parameter for debug purpose (said by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by red5goahead, Sep 6, 2015.

1. HPET automatically re-enabling itself after every startup (AMD)/Freeze

on my system the useplatformclock YES even with hpet on bios disabled cause freeze.

It's unbeliaveble that a parameter for debug purpose (said by Microsoft) it's enabled by default at every start maybe by the Amd drivers. This is an huge issue since Windows 7

it cause also some kind of issues with a game (maybe more than one)
    HPET automatically re-enabling itself after every startup - Windows 10 Forums

HPET automatically re-enabling itself after every startup (AMD)/Freeze [​IMG]

:)

red5goahead, Sep 6, 2015
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Windows Defender 10

Windows Defender does automatically update itself and run scans in the background, unless you disable it in Settings. And even then it will automatically re-enable itself after a while.

BulldogXX, Sep 6, 2015
  3. Zoomed In Videos on Windows 10

Go into AMD Catalyst Control Center on your desktop, once in there go to video, then AMD steady video and un-click enable AMD steady video.

this solved my problem of zoomed in video's, but I had to do this a couple times, I don't know why it would re-enable itself but eventually I didn't have to do it anymore

arussell1204, Sep 6, 2015
Thema:

HPET automatically re-enabling itself after every startup (AMD)/Freeze

1. HPET automatically re-enabling itself after every startup (AMD)/Freeze - Similar Threads - HPET automatically enabling

2. Windows Update starts itself automatically at startup, help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update starts itself automatically at startup, help: Is there any way to stop this happening? My computer slows down to much even with a SSD and boot time is also affected by this because MSI logo takes like almost a 25-30 seconds to complete to reach desktop. I can see WinUpdate process on task manager, when I click stop or...
  3. Windows Update starts itself automatically at startup, help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update starts itself automatically at startup, help: Is there any way to stop this happening? My computer slows down to much even with a SSD and boot time is also affected by this because MSI logo takes like almost a 25-30 seconds to complete to reach desktop. I can see WinUpdate process on task manager, when I click stop or...
  4. "Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" keeps re-enabling itself.

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" keeps re-enabling itself.: Hello, I was wondering if there was any fix to this issue? This has never happened to any computer I've owned before and it only started happening today. I've tried everything I could to stop this from happening, but nothing has been a solution....
  5. Windows Defender periodic scan re-enables itself

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender periodic scan re-enables itself: I disable it in task scheduler but it keeps enabling itself. How do I permanently disable periodic scans? What's the point of having periodic scans anyway if the protection is active 24/7 and scanning everything as it comes into the pc? submitted by /u/distopija [link]...
  6. Disable win 10 update it re-enabled itself?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Disable win 10 update it re-enabled itself?: Using Win 10 Pro 1809, if i go into services, windows update, properties, startup type set to disabled. It seems to re-enable itself later on if not after a reboot. How does one stop it? I have reason to believe it is hard locking up my PC. it's listed in the error log...
  7. How to prevent Defrag from re-enabling itself

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to prevent Defrag from re-enabling itself: I normally keep defrag/optimization set on a schedule for my internal hard drives - one SSD, one standard. I have the other drives disabled under 'choose drives' and I've also disabled 'defrag new drives automatically'. However, a few times a year I'll see my other drives...
  8. Freeze/BSOD after sleep and with fast startup enabled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Freeze/BSOD after sleep and with fast startup enabled: Hey there! I have this strange problem since I have installed 2x8GB DDR3 memory on my Desktop computer. Sometimes when I start the computer with Fast Startup enabled I have BSOD with ... well you will see in the dmp files - DRIVER IRQ LESS OR EQUAL, NTSOKRNL or...
  9. windows automatically re-enabling Windows Update service

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows automatically re-enabling Windows Update service: I typically have the Windows Update service disabled so that i can download/install updates when i want to. However, sometime over the last month or so windows has started automatically re-enabling the Update service - I disable it... check it a few days later & it's back on...
  10. HPET automatically re-enabling itself after every startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    HPET automatically re-enabling itself after every startup: Hello, One of the games I play (Warthunder) only runs smoothly when the High Precision Event Timer is disabled through the elevated cmd command: Code: bcdedit /deletevalue useplatformclock[/quote] After the command completes, I restart. At this point, HPET has been...