Windows 10: HPs uncompatible with Windows 10

Discus and support HPs uncompatible with Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I bought an HP Envy Model #15M-BP011DX from Best Buy five days ago. Got it all set up, customized. Asked mutltiple questions here. I had realized the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RLAR, Sep 17, 2017.

1. RLAR Win User

HPs uncompatible with Windows 10

I bought an HP Envy Model #15M-BP011DX from Best Buy five days ago. Got it all set up, customized. Asked mutltiple questions here. I had realized the boot up time was ridiculously long; so, when got around to addressing that, decided best to call the Geek Squad. They had me do an online tune up. Well, $39.99s later, no resolution. Online tech said get an on site inspection to look at operating system. Called local store, explaining problem and efforts so far. That person told me the 8+ minute boot up is an ongoing vendor problem nation wide with HPs and Windows 10. Now they tell me. Anyway, thought it only fair to share what I learned. Rebooting my computer hunt. Was told ASUS or ACER. Dell, ehh.

:)

2. 6300 bluetooth

uncompatible :-(

1powershop, Sep 17, 2017
  3. Garry 123 Win User
    uncompatible apps on windows 10

Thank you Karthicka.

My wife and I have looked at the problem.

We researched the options that you mentioned and decided that due to the warnings, we will abstain.

She says that the messages are easy to delete and not much different than the constant notices about upgrading to Windows 10.

We have gone to the control panel and uninstalled every program with AMD in it. No change.

We have looked up each program on the panel and noted it and uninstalled all those that she does not use.

She has unpinned all the programs from the desktop except the 5 she uses. Enough "hub" for her. She will use IE and her favorites as her base. She will use "outlook" on IE as her mail program as she can't get her people to Windows 10 Mail.

She will be looking at each program on the list and uninstalling any that Microsoft will allow her to delete.

Thanks again for trying to help.

You did not cause the situation and it must be frustrating to work with unhappy customers.

We wish you well,

Garry

Garry 123, Sep 17, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello RLAR,

That sounds like a bunch of BS from Best Buy. Most likely, it could be from some installed bloatware from HP or some other source.

I'm not having any issues on my two HP laptops running Windows 10.

Brink, Sep 17, 2017
  5. RLAR Win User
    Holy cow. My head is bulging from all that's been stuffed into it. The online tech seemed to have looked at everything. I watched his movements. Took maybe an hour. Expected him to eliminate the "bloatware." Still, pretty sure I'm done with this particular journey. Thanks for the support.

6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Usually the techs won't uninstall any software since they don't know what you may or may not want to keep. Luckily, it's not hard for you to uninstall any software you don't want.

If you like, you could see if resetting Windows may help if you didn't have the issue originally.

*Arrow Reset Windows 10 Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Sep 17, 2017
  7. Plankton Win User
    This is what concerns me.....what does that mean. Yes....totally agree with resetting windows.

Question: Was this a display model? Since you just bought it....with big ticket electronic items, you have a 15 day return period from best buy. I'd try the reset first and if that doesn't work....I would take it back. Either exchange it or get my money back and apply to something else.

Plankton, Sep 17, 2017
  8. mrgeek Win User

"I bought an HP Envy Model #15M-BP011DX from Best Buy five days ago. "

Why are they charging you, isn't this still under warranty, even if a floor model or refurb ? I service two family Envy 15's and have an Envy 17 myself with zero startup issues, it's NOT an HP model problem ! Take it back and have them either reset it or exchange it for something else.

mrgeek, Sep 17, 2017
  9. You just don't buy from Best Buy.
    If the return period hasn't yet ended, take it back!

margrave55, Sep 17, 2017
  10. NavyLCDR New Member
    I disagree. I've had very good luck with Best Buy.

NavyLCDR, Sep 17, 2017
  11. zbook New Member
    This is the DM log collector that we use in the bsod forum.
    It will collect Msinfo32, dxdiag, event.vwr logs etc.
    1) Please post a zip so that we can troubleshoot the computer:
    BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums

2) If not already installed please download and install the HP UEFI diagnostics:
    HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support

3) In the evening power on the computer rapidly clicking the F2 or F10 key.
    Open the bios UEFI diagnostics and run the loop until failure test.
    The duration of testing depends mostly on the size of the drive and the RAM.
    In the AM there should be at least 1 -2 testing loops.
    If there is a failure it will stop automatically.
    If it is running in the AM that is a good sign.
    Then click the keyboard escape key to abort the testing.
    View the UEFI logs to confirm the pass.

4) Please post into the thread the results of the UEFI diagnostics.

5) After the above place the computer in clean boot:
    Using administrative command prompt:
    a) msconfig (in the pop up system configuration > move the dot from normal startup to selective startup > uncheck load startup items > click service tab > in left lower corner check hide all Microsoft services > in the lower right side click disable all > click apply or ok > do not reboot)

b) taskmgr (in the pop up task manager > click on the start up tab > click on status so that the column sorts with enable rising to the top > right click on each row with enable and change to disable)

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...oot-in-windows
    How to perform a Clean Boot in Windows 10 - TechNet Articles - United States (English) - TechNet Wiki

6) shutdown /r (you will reboot the computer so that it is in clean boot)

7) Evaluate the performance on your computer in clean boot during typical use.

8) Are the boots faster or slower?

zbook, Sep 17, 2017
  12. I too haven't had any problems with Best Buy, don't think their Geek Squad is all that ... robbery imho... but as far as hardware is concerned , no problems at all. Just the opposite in fact.

Boot times of EIGHT MINUTES are most definitely NOT "normal" for ANY make of computer these days. Like Plankton, I too wonder about what you mean by "all set up and customized". What was the boot time BEFORE your set up/customization? Going with the majority here and recommend a reset at the minimum.

If you feel you need to optimize/tweak your system, here's a link to our tutorial on the SAFE way to do that :

Optimize Performance of Windows 10 Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

indianacarnie, Sep 17, 2017
  13. HPs uncompatible with Windows 10

Don't trust Geek Squad with technical concerns. Trust me.

RoasterMen, Sep 17, 2017
  14. Rocky Win User
    You need to get that $39.99 back because nobody should charge to try to fix a brand new item.

Rocky, Sep 17, 2017
  15. "Got it all set up, customized. Asked mutltiple questions here."
    On the multiple questions, it appears to me there are 3 prior posts. I didn't open them to evaluate them because it looks to me like we need the big picture of what's going on.
    1. Microsoft Office 2007 in Software and Apps forum
    --- It appears to me that this issue wasn't solved.
    2. Advanced Shared Settings won't turn "off" password protected sharing in Network and Sharing forum
    --- It looks like it's checked as solved but trying to evaluate each post relative to the major issues involved needs a better method to know the complete picture
    3. Improve Windows Hello Face Recognition in Windows 10 in Tutorials forum
    --- I believe this wasn't solved either.

It wouldn't surprise me there's more that needs to be addressed.
    The 8 minute + boot up issue is related to more than bloat.

Unfortunately you probably need to start over or return the computer before the 15 day return period if you can.
    --- If the 15 day return period option applies for any reason, consider it.
    --- Replacing the computer would get you off to a new start and give you the opportunity to post "multiple questions" in a decent setup for your needs in proper order.
    --- I want to believe you should get your $39.95 back but I don't know how the situation applies for software instead of defective hardware or of the warranty.
    However, resetting Windows 10 as has been recommended looks like a good decision to make.
    --- There's also zbooks recommendation for a good process for complete troubleshooting
    To me the intent of the big picture is to set it up and customize it for your needs and expectations.

MeAndMyComputer, Sep 18, 2017
Thema:

1. HPs uncompatible with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - HPs uncompatible

2. memory integrity is not turning on. showing device driver uncompatibility issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    memory integrity is not turning on. showing device driver uncompatibility issue: memory integrity is not turning on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/memory-integrity-is-not-turning-on-showing-device/6ea61fc9-4433-4847-9dcc-8ebef920b537
  3. memory integrity is not turning on. showing device driver uncompatibility issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    memory integrity is not turning on. showing device driver uncompatibility issue: memory integrity is not turning on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/memory-integrity-is-not-turning-on-showing-device/6ea61fc9-4433-4847-9dcc-8ebef920b537
  4. Uncompatible CPU W11 - 2021

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uncompatible CPU W11 - 2021: I am meeting 10/11 requirements as you can see, just the CPU does not meet the requirements.To do so what will i have to do, please? And I just bought this computer at the end of year 2029?I wanted to be a Beta Tester of the Version like I was for 2010 at the time on an...
  5. Uncompatible CPU W11 - 2021

Uncompatible CPU W11 - 2021: I am meeting 10/11 requirements as you can see, just the CPU does not meet the requirements.To do so what will i have to do, please? And I just bought this computer at the end of year 2029?I wanted to be a Beta Tester of the Version like I was for 2010 at the time on an...
  6. UnCompatible Graphics Driver Windows 10 1909, 1903 & KB3074678

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    UnCompatible Graphics Driver Windows 10 1909, 1903 & KB3074678: Hi, So I'm back again with the same issue another day. Brief Details So the issue is still the same after that when I wasn't able to fix the issue even when I installed Windows 8/8.1 the issue was still there. So I uninstalled windows went back to Linux but now I started a...
  7. Getting unrecoverable startup on multiple HPs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting unrecoverable startup on multiple HPs: This week we have had 6 HPs, both desktops and laptops of various models, all windows 10, fail to start, and automatic repair fails as well. All system restore points fail. They won't boot up into safe mode either. Can't tell if any update was being installed when they...
  8. Windows 10 Update KB4462919 1803 Breaks HPs AMD Video Drivers as Usual Due to PCI Bus Driver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update KB4462919 1803 Breaks HPs AMD Video Drivers as Usual Due to PCI Bus Driver: HP hasn't updated its AMD Video drivers for my Pavillion 17 V0Q20UA AMD Laptop since 2017 The ONLY driver that works is in the SP77768 package from HP. Nothing else from Microsoft or AMD will work on this laptop and a similar situation is probably true for ANY laptop with...
  9. Uncompatible Programs with Windows 10??

Uncompatible Programs with Windows 10??: I understood that if any programs that are not compatible with the new operating system of Windows 10. Any programs will uninstall automatically while installing new operating system. Is that correct or not. Because of asking is that I have one PC game program that is...