Windows 10: hpz12 takes a lot of cpu time

Discus and support hpz12 takes a lot of cpu time in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The driver HPZ12 takes up a lot of CPU time. How do I gain control of that?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DougElgin, Oct 10, 2019.

1. DougElgin Win User

hpz12 takes a lot of cpu time

The driver HPZ12 takes up a lot of CPU time. How do I gain control of that?

:)

DougElgin, Oct 10, 2019

2. audiodg.exe using a lot of RAM and CPU

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?
    • Do you get any error code or error message while startup?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to this issue?
    Audiodg.exe [Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation] file hosts the audio engine for the operating system. So, this file is utilized for all the
    audio processing and Digital Signal Processing (DSP). Vendors are able to install their own DSP and audio effects into the audio pipeline, which are then processed by audiodg.exe.

In order to fix the high CPU usage, disable the audio enhancements processed by the audiodg.exe file. To disable the audio enhancements, try the following steps:

• Right-click the speaker icon in the right-hand notification area on the taskbar.
    • Select Playback Devices from the menu. A list of devices should appear on the screen.
    • Double-click the device that has a green checkmark. The properties windows for that device should open.
    • Click the Enhancements tab at the top.
    • From the list of enhancements, uncheck all of them, or click the Disable all enhancements
      checkbox.
    • Click the OK button to save your changes and close the window.
    • Click OK to close the Playback Devices window.
    I also suggest you use Resource Monitor to monitor CPU usage.

Resource Monitor is a tool that you can use to monitor the usage of CPU, hard disk, network, and memory in real time.

You can use the Performance tab in Task Manager to see how your computer's CPU is being used by Windows and other programs running on your computer.

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Oct 10, 2019
  3. JaYp146 Win User
    [FS][US] CPU, NForce4 skt 754 motherboard (with PCI-express slot, rare!), DDR RAM

bump, CPU's stepping is now listed.

JaYp146, Oct 10, 2019
  4. PaulP204 Win User

DWM uses lot of CPU

Thanks for your answer and help!

I performed the suggested actions, but unfortunately no result. I just repeated the troubleshooting but no results.

This morning the same occurred DWM took lots of CPU and UI is slowing down to unworkable. It took 10-15 min and then is was normal again.

Is there Anything I can Do?

Thanks,

Paul

PaulP204, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

1. hpz12 takes a lot of cpu time - Similar Threads - hpz12 takes lot

2. BDS service application taking a lot of cpu usage

in Windows 10 Customization
    BDS service application taking a lot of cpu usage: Hi there, I have been using my new laptop for last 2 months but nowadays the cpu usage jumps to very high every time I turn it on. When I opened the task manager. I found out that BDS service application was consuming too much cpu power. I would be very delightful if...
  3. Boot time/wake up from sleep takes lots of time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Boot time/wake up from sleep takes lots of time: [ATTACH] Hello, I have a laptop HP Envy 15t - i7 6700HQ, model - M9U50AV which is around 5 years old running Windows 10. It has been running smoothly for last couple of years except for one issue which cropped up last year. The boot time is extremely high around 5...
  4. Display taking a lot of time to appear!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Display taking a lot of time to appear!: Hi friends. I need help. I recently purchased a PC with the original Windows 10 Pro. It was running smoothly until an update happened. The PC still runs very smoothly without any issues, but it is taking a lot of time for the display to appear. Once, it appears, everything is...
  5. *EMERGENCY*Disk cleanup takes a lot of time to display.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    *EMERGENCY*Disk cleanup takes a lot of time to display.: Hey, The issue here is that when I open disk cleanup's option, Clean up system files, it takes a lot of time about 30 seconds to display the area where it calculates how much junk I can clean. This also happens with msconfig. When I open msconfig, it also takes a lot of time...
  6. Disk cleanup takes a lot of time to display.

Disk cleanup takes a lot of time to display.: Hey, The issue here is that when I open disk cleanup's option, Clean up system files, it takes a lot of time about 30 seconds to display the area where it calculates how much junk I can clean. This also happens with msconfig. When I open msconfig, it also takes a lot of time...
  7. Services and controller app taking up a lot of CPU usage

Services and controller app taking up a lot of CPU usage: I have had this before and restored my computer to a recovery point but it keeps coming back. I know there is already a theat about this subject but it doesnt help me. I have tried to clean boot my PC but that didnt work. With booting it up in safe mode it does go away but...
  8. Taking a lot of time to evaluate folder sizes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Taking a lot of time to evaluate folder sizes: I am trying to find the sizes of different folders by "right click>properties>size" but in case of some folders it takes a lot of time to evaluate the complete size of folder. As I open the properties box, the size field keeps on increasing in value and takes almost 10,11...
  9. WINDOWS 10 TAKES LOT OF TIME TO BOOT & SHUTDOWN

WINDOWS 10 TAKES LOT OF TIME TO BOOT & SHUTDOWN: I have a new hp laptop having windows 10 with intel i3 7 th gen 4gb ram. it will take a lot of time to respond. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-takes-lot-of-time-to-boot-shutdown/20cc21c9-eb8b-4f4c-8f09-28120946779d
  10. refresh takes a lot of time

refresh takes a lot of time: Recently I am facing the issue of long buffering after a right click on the desktop, for refreshing the PC. I have tried several measures but for no use. Could you suggest something more technical and deep rooted? Please help me out here......