Windows 10: HR Block 2019 and 2020 do not work after updating to Windows 10 on a Mac using VMWare

Discus and support HR Block 2019 and 2020 do not work after updating to Windows 10 on a Mac using VMWare in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have run HR Block Business software for years on Windows 7 using VMWare on my MacBook. I upgraded to Windows 10 when Windows 7 reached end of life... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GShap173, Nov 17, 2020.

1. GShap173 Win User

HR Block 2019 and 2020 do not work after updating to Windows 10 on a Mac using VMWare

I have run HR Block Business software for years on Windows 7 using VMWare on my MacBook. I upgraded to Windows 10 when Windows 7 reached end of life using the Microsoft site free tools and now the HR Block software installed but would not start up, giving a "fatal error" message. I then purchased a Windows 10 license thinking the free update may have been faulty, and again the HR Block software would not run.

I called HR Block, sent them the detailed error message and they had no clue. I called VM Ware and they pointed the finger at Apple. I called Apple and they tried but could not help. It appears to all concerned that it is aWindows issue.

Unfortunately, HR Block 2020 will not run on my old Windows 7 & drive and the 2019 version which ran fine on Windows 7 last year, required an udate and no longer runs on the old drive either. The tax software is literally the only Windows app I use, so updating to a new machine is not an option that I am willing to consider.

Any suggestions?

:)

GShap173, Nov 17, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Nov 17, 2020
  3. JvdK-PN Win User
    Microsoft Remote Desktop client for Mac slow to Windows Server 2016 / 2019

Hi

Microsoft Remote Desktop client for Mac is unworkably slow when connecting to Windows 2016 / 2019 VPS over VPN. Windows clients work fine over the same connection. I have this problem with IPSEC tunnel as well as OpenVPN to the destination network. If I run
    the native Windows 10 client from VMware Fusion on the Mac the performance is fine so it's safe to assume the Mac itself or the VPN connection is fine.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated..

Kind regards

-Jan

JvdK-PN, Nov 17, 2020
  4. MT_303 Win User

HR Block 2019 and 2020 do not work after updating to Windows 10 on a Mac using VMWare

Location of h&r Block files for premium and business 2018 on Windows 2007 to import into 2019 on Windows 2010- Continued

Wolter Kluwer/H&R Block posted the following solution for accessing prior H&R tax return data file (for import into current year software) from 2007 system to 2010. After 4hrs including 1 1/2 with HR software support, this did the trick.

Scenario: I had 2018 HR Block software installed on 2007 Windows computer. I installed 2019 on 2010 Windows computer. Despite having a .pdf of 2018 return and saving these files to the 2010 computer, I could not get 2019 HR software to recognize the files
    to import or upload.

I contacted HR software support and they emailed another [blank] copy of 2018 software. Using last year's activation code, I installed 2018 onto the 2010 computer. Then, using Part #1 instructions below, I performed the backup return process on the 2007
    computer. I was able to save the file to a USB and transfer to the 2010 computer. Then, I restored return as directed in Part #2. I closed the 2018 HR Block version and opened the 2019 and proceeded to the import stage. Success! 2019 software recognized the
    2018 files.

Note: According to HR software support, they were able to assist with duplicate 2018 copy of software since I had purchased directly from HR Block in 2018. I'm not sure if they can help if you purchased your copy through 3rd party like Office Depot/Staples,
    etc.

Good luck and hope this saves someone a few hours of their time.. another thread in this community with similar discussion subject also helped a lot: Location of h&r Block files for premium and business 2018.
    Thanks to those participants!

How do I move H&R Block® Business from Microsoft® Windows® 7 to a new operating system?
    Code:
    Reference: https://support.cch.com/kb/solution/000107002/000107002
    • Article Type:
    • How To
    • Last Modified:
    • 01/15/2020
    Objectives
    Moving H&R Block to a New Operating System

This article describes the steps involved in moving HR Block data from your Windows 7 system to a new system.

Environment
    Microsoft® Window® 7

Procedure
    You’ll need to perform these steps for each year/version of H&R Block® Business that you have on your system.
    There are three basic parts for moving H&R Block® Business to your new system:

*These instructions assume you have an external hard drive or USB drive with enough space to save all H&R Block® Business data to it. In the steps below this drive will be referred to as drive X. The steps also assume you have purchased a new system pre-loaded
    with Windows 10. If you are upgrading your existing Windows 7 machine to Windows 10 you will need to complete Part 1 on Windows 7, and then you will perform Parts 2 and 3 after the upgrade to 10 is complete.

Part 1: Backup - Backup data on old system
    Note: Perform these steps on Windows 7 machine.

Follow these steps to back up your H&R Block® Business data on the Windows 7 machine:

1. Create a folder on drive X: called HRB 20YY Backup (change YY to the actual year of the software)
    2. Open your return.
    3. Click File > Backup Return.
    4. Navigate to the location that you created in Step #1.
    5. Click Save.
    6. Repeat steps 2-5 for all remaining returns.

Parts 2 and 3: Installing H&R Block® Business and Restoring H&R Block® Business Data
    Note: Perform these steps on the new or upgraded computer.

1. Plug in the external drive.
    2. Install the H&R Block® Business program.
    3. After installation completes, open the program and check for updates.
    4. Click File > Restore Return.
    5. In the Restore Return window, navigate to the folder you created during the Step #1 of Backing Up.
    6. Select your return(s).
    7. Click Open.
    8. Wait for restore process to complete.

MT_303, Nov 17, 2020
Thema:

1. HR Block 2019 and 2020 do not work after updating to Windows 10 on a Mac using VMWare - Similar Threads - Block 2019 2020

2. windows 11 and HR Block updated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 and HR Block updated: I have the HR block tax software for 2023 and it will not update. I keep getting the error message that says HR Block Software Manager not responding. Therefore I am not able to update or file. How do I circumvent this?...
  3. windows 11 and HR Block updated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 and HR Block updated: I have the HR block tax software for 2023 and it will not update. I keep getting the error message that says HR Block Software Manager not responding. Therefore I am not able to update or file. How do I circumvent this?...
  4. .HR Block tax software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .HR Block tax software: I can not open H&R Block Business program after update to windows11 from windows 10. Also wont work in compatibility mode for Windows 8. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hr-block-tax-software/6934a8b3-57ef-48f7-aaf1-6b05a6165e42
  5. .HR Block tax software

.HR Block tax software: I can not open H&R Block Business program after update to windows11 from windows 10. Also wont work in compatibility mode for Windows 8. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hr-block-tax-software/6934a8b3-57ef-48f7-aaf1-6b05a6165e42
  6. HR Block Business 2019 won't open

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HR Block Business 2019 won't open: It is still installed but won't open. Here is the event message. Can this be fixed to open last year's return? Session Summary Information: Date/Time: 4/14/2021 11:06:39 AM ApplicationVersion: 19.2.7348.20130 CommandLine: "C:\Program Files x86\H&R BlockBusiness\H&R...
  7. Update to Win 10 2020--VMware Workstation Glitch

Update to Win 10 2020--VMware Workstation Glitch: Attempting to update to Win10 2020 Get the following error message 25% into installation: _P0_VMware Workstation Pro Mo-Op Uninstall this app I have uninstalled the app but the error message continues to interrupt my installation. Any ideas> [ATTACH]...
  8. HR Block 2019 won't fully install

HR Block 2019 won't fully install: HR Block 2019 won't fully install. Keeps returning an error message saying the program must close. I'm running windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hr-block-2019-wont-fully-install/03c260b9-0630-4262-acd7-25456b064d89
  9. VMWare not working after Windows Update

VMWare not working after Windows Update: I am not able use VMware after after updating windows a few days. It shows the error "CPU has been disabled by the guest Operating System". I tried uninstalling and then installing the software, I have also ensured virtualisation is enabled in the BIOS and also followed the...
  10. Outlook 2019 after Windows 10 update on 18/11/2020

Outlook 2019 after Windows 10 update on 18/11/2020: After my PC ran the latest Windows 10 update on the evening of 18th November 2020, my Outlook, Word and Excel opening screens, which hitherto showed office 2019, is now showing Office 365 in the opening screen. My licence display after File/Office Account show my licences as...