Windows 10: HTC VIVE Focus Plus coming April 15, 2019

Discus and support HTC VIVE Focus Plus coming April 15, 2019 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; With sharper visuals, 6DoF controllers, “multi-mode” capability, VIVE WAVE Platform & @Viveport Infinity, the HTC VIVE Focus Plus provides commercial... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

HTC VIVE Focus Plus coming April 15, 2019

Read more: VIVE Focus Plus

Tweet

— Twitter API (@User) View on Twiiter

:)

Brink, Mar 26, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

HTC Vive announced a premium virtual reality experience for enterprise

Source: HTC Vive launches full suite of premium VR offerings for businesses of all sizes - VIVE Blog

Brink, Mar 26, 2019
  3. Octavean Win User
    HTC Vive Reduces Price By $200

Funny you should say that, I'm an Oculus Rift owner (due to the ~$399 sale) and while I like it I think I would prefer the HTC Vive.

One can hope that the LG Steam VR HMD (which uses the same Vive Lighthouse tracking) is introduced at a reasonable and typically lower price. The Steam Knuckles controllers will be be every bit as intuitive and fun to use as the look. The Oculus Touch controllers are great but I think that Vive took it a step further with Knuckles.

I seem to recall hearing that the Acer / Microsoft mixed reality HMD was already available via the Microsoft store but only developers could buy it.

Octavean, Mar 26, 2019
  4. Chino Win User

HTC Vive Focus VR Headset Pre-order to Open On December 12 in China

HTC Corporation, a pioneer in innovative, smart mobile and virtual reality (VR) technologies, today announced that its highly-anticipated premium standalone VR headset for the China market, the VIVE FOCUS, will be available for pre-order at 12:00 a.m. on December 12th (Beijing time) in most of China's major online stores (i.e. Vive.com, JD.com, Tmall.com) and offline sales channels (i.e. Gome, Suning). Initial customer deliveries are expected in January 2018.

"Two years ago, we delivered the first room-scale PC VR solution to the world; today, we're extremely excited to be, once again, the first to bring 6DoF 'world-scale' VR experiences in the form of the VIVE Focus to the VR market," said Alvin Wang Graylin, China Regional President of VIVE, HTC. "The combination of advanced capabilities, usability and comfort in an affordable package is unmatched in the current market. This signals the beginning of VR's entry into the mass consumer space in 2018."

HTC VIVE Focus Plus coming April 15, 2019 aZNQG8qvghPUCGXE_thm.jpg

The VIVE Focus is powered by the advanced features of the Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 VR Platform and utilizes the VIVE WAVE VR open platform, including the rich content library on VIVEPORT. The VIVE Focus delivers a compelling experience through inside-out 6-degrees-of-freedom (6DoF) world-scale tracking, coupled with a 3K 75Hz high-definition AMOLED screen, 110-degree field of view, adjustable IPD control and built-in audio. With unsurpassed clarity and low latency, the VIVE Focus will allow users to enjoy the wonders of VR in a portable form factor that can easily be taken anywhere. The VIVE Focus also comes with the ability to link to other devices via a USB Type-C connector, Wi-Fi or Bluetooth, while its built-in microSD card slot allows storage expansion of up to 2TB.

Without the need to be attached to a PC or a phone, the VIVE Focus is designed to deliver unparalleled convenience and exceptional comfort. It can be put on and taken off in a couple of seconds and immediately turns on when placed on the head. It also comes with water-resistant padding and is designed to be glasses-friendly, with its ergonomically balanced design allowing for all-day wear. The VIVE Focus gives users the freedom to wander anytime and anywhere.

A few scenarios were showcased during the launch event, including a multi-user classroom and cross-site collaborative work, as well as home and in-flight entertainment. Dozens of unique content were demonstrated to the attendees, while the press was given the opportunity for extensive hands-on testing. The VIVE Focus clearly asserted its potential to serve the needs of both personal and professional users, and will lead a new class of devices with which consumers will interact on a daily basis. Thanks to the robust, dynamic and global Viveport developer community and the ease of developing on the VIVE Wave VR open platform, much more content can be expected by the VIVE Focus ship date.

Available in two signature colors, namely Almond White (3,999 RMB, tax included) and the limited edition Electric Blue (4,299 RMB, tax included), each VIVE Focus also comes with a matching Bluetooth handheld controller. For more information and detailed product specifications, please visit: www.vive.com/cn/product/vive-focus-en/.

Chino, Mar 26, 2019
Thema:

1. HTC VIVE Focus Plus coming April 15, 2019 - Similar Threads - HTC VIVE Focus

2. Surface Microsoft + HTC Vive Cosmos Elite VR System ?????

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Microsoft + HTC Vive Cosmos Elite VR System ?????: Bonjour . peut on brancher ce casque. HTC Vive Cosmos Elite VR System . sur une des tablette surface de Microsoft Microsoft store faudra - t - il si oui des adapteur usb ou usb-c etc etc ? Merci d'avance de votre reponse. Cordialement. L....
  3. A quick question. so i’m buying this windows 10 computer. can it run a standard HTC vive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A quick question. so i’m buying this windows 10 computer. can it run a standard HTC vive?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Theatre_Kid_3000 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ja0428/a_quick_question_so_im_buying_this_windows_10/
  4. Help with selecting *use mobile billing* while trying to purchace an HTC VIVE cosmos

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Help with selecting *use mobile billing* while trying to purchace an HTC VIVE cosmos: I was recently trying to purchase an HTC Vive Cosmos and I don't have a credit card to use as a payment method so I usually use mobile billing and I recently decided that I want to buy an HTC Vive Cosmos but there isn't a pay with mobile billing option yet I have my mobile...
  5. BSOD Only When Using HTC Vive w/ Wireless Adapter and Steam VR

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Only When Using HTC Vive w/ Wireless Adapter and Steam VR: First, thanks to any who read this and attempt to help. Second, apologies if I didn't follow the instructions correctly, but I read the stickied thread and believe I did. Now to my issue. I get the same BSOD error fairly consistently and only when using my HTC Vive with the...
  6. BSOD Only When Using HTC Vive w/ Wireless Adapter and Steam VR

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Only When Using HTC Vive w/ Wireless Adapter and Steam VR: Hi: First, thanks to any who read this and attempt to help. Second, apologies if I didn't follow the instructions correctly, but I read the stickied thread and believe I did. Now to my issue. I get the same BSOD error fairly consistently and only when using my HTC Vive with...
  7. HTC VIVE Cosmos VR system available October 3 at $699

in Windows 10 News
    HTC VIVE Cosmos VR system available October 3 at $699: RmI8mLskRXs HTC VIVE® today announced features and functionality of the new VIVE COSMOS including upcoming pricing and availability, and pre-order bonuses. Vive Cosmos is the latest premium PC-based virtual reality (VR) system created with a new level of accessibility and...
  8. Windows 10 April 2019 Update to come with setup error improvements

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 April 2019 Update to come with setup error improvements: Windows 10 April 2019 Update introduces several new features and improvements such as the new light theme experience, Windows Sandbox, Reserved Storage, Start refinements and more. It looks like Microsoft is also preparing improvements for Windows 10 version 1903’s setup...
  9. HTC Vive Pro Eye, NVIDIA RTX and ZeroLight Push State of the Art in VR

in Windows 10 News
    HTC Vive Pro Eye, NVIDIA RTX and ZeroLight Push State of the Art in VR: [img] Whether you’re building a sleek virtual car buying experience or just want to unwind by taking a few swings of the bat, you’ll want to check out the new HTC Vive Pro Eye headset.Demonstrating VR’s enormous potential for professional applications and games, HTC VIVE is...
  10. HTC Vive announced a premium virtual reality experience for enterprise

in Windows 10 News
    HTC Vive announced a premium virtual reality experience for enterprise: Today at a press event in San Francisco, HTC Vive announced a premium virtual reality experience for the enterprise market, including a new platform, new hardware, and new software available specifically for commercial use. This launch reinforces Vive’s increased commitment...