Windows 10: HTML file troubleshooting

Discus and support HTML file troubleshooting in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello,I created a HTML file which contains an img tag linking to the local folder MyImage on C: but when opening it with the browser only the alt is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Fojibo, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Fojibo Win User

HTML file troubleshooting

Hello,I created a HTML file which contains an img tag linking to the local folder MyImage on C: but when opening it with the browser only the alt is displayed. I tried all the solutions found on the web but none of them is fixing the issue. It seems to be a security issue as opening the image directly with the browser works properly... Thanks for your help.

:)

Fojibo, Jun 10, 2021

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jun 10, 2021
  3. How .html > .doc

To save the web page as HTML, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the web page that you want to save as HTML.
    • The Save As dialog window appears. Select Web Page, Complete in the Save as type dropdown.
    • The web page is now saved as a set of HTML file.

Do update us on how it goes.

Lizette Ags, Jun 10, 2021
  4. DaveM121 Win User

How To Open HTML Files

Hi Doug,

You can open HTML files with Internet Explorer or the Edge Browser . . .

Right click an HTML file, choose Open - With

On the resulting dialog, check the box marked 'Always open html file . .. '

Then in the list look for Edge or Internet Explorer

If they do not appear, scroll to the bottom of that list and click 'More Apps' to find them

DaveM121, Jun 10, 2021
Thema:

1. HTML file troubleshooting - Similar Threads - HTML file troubleshooting

2. .txt > .html File Types

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .txt > .html File Types: Hi. I have a text file .txt extension. I want to save it as a .html file. Within the document I start and end with <HTML> and </HTML>, respectively. I can only save the file as a .txt, or 'All file types'. Either way, it saves as a .txt. I change the name of the file to...
  3. Trouble with HTML files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trouble with HTML files: I am having troubles trying to access HTML files when they are put in a new folder.Once the file zoomable map is downloaded, I use save as, I can access it all the time, but if I try to file it in another folder then open, it will not open the map, it only displays a lot of...
  4. Trouble with HTML files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble with HTML files: I am having troubles trying to access HTML files when they are put in a new folder.Once the file zoomable map is downloaded, I use save as, I can access it all the time, but if I try to file it in another folder then open, it will not open the map, it only displays a lot of...
  5. Trouble with HTML files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. HTML files are not opening in Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HTML files are not opening in Chrome: Chrome is set as a default browser, but HTML files are not opening in Chrome but they do get opened in edge and mozilla?Issue replicated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/html-files-are-not-opening-in-chrome/20adb595-28e2-4147-a68e-b8a1f813f30a
  7. Cannot open HTML files

Cannot open HTML files: I am struggling to suddenly not be able to open my HTML files that edit on Expression Web 4. I am using windows 10 ver 1903 I get the error message Server Error:The server extensions were unable to access the file E:\New Volume\4_para_sqn_re\lincolnshire_page1.htm Please...
  8. convert html file to jpeg file?

convert html file to jpeg file?: I have a document that I need to send. It needs to be sent as a jpeg. How do I convert it to be accepted by the receiver? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/convert-html-file-to-jpeg-file/21f70c0f-026c-4afd-ace3-d960158f6eda"
  9. HTML to PDF File Converter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HTML to PDF File Converter: What's a good (preferably free) HTML to PDF file converter? As always, the community input is appreciated. 100337
  10. - Problem with file extension - .html

in Windows 10 Support
    - Problem with file extension - .html: HELP *Sleepy I can´t seem to get any file with the .html exstension to open, I use Firefox and made sure in the file associations that it has this program as the default. BUT.. whenever I double click the files it gives me a message that there is no program associated with...