Windows 10: HTML form with fields & values: issue when copying into Microsoft Word

Discus and support HTML form with fields & values: issue when copying into Microsoft Word in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have an issue when I copy a HTML form from the Web and paste it into Microsoft Word. When I try to paste it, the form fields don't appear in Word,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CNP CGEF, Sep 20, 2022.

1. CNP CGEF Win User

HTML form with fields & values: issue when copying into Microsoft Word

I have an issue when I copy a HTML form from the Web and paste it into Microsoft Word. When I try to paste it, the form fields don't appear in Word, neither the fields, nor the values. The field appears like a box with a red "x" inside.In other PCs, I don´t have this problem. I copy and paste HTML forms from the Web into a Word document. When I save those "correct" documents and open them in the first PC, the one with the issue, they can be opened without any trouble. But if I paste the form directly in MS Word, the issue appears.Any idea ... thank you!!!

:)

CNP CGEF, Sep 20, 2022

2. HTML Forms

When the form posts, after the script on the server side inserts to database, instead of doing simple redirect, script can generate your printable html page with content (including fields and their initial values) based on input posted by the form ... you can mix html markup with script code so you won't need to generate all of html

edit: what you are trying, redirecting using GET with all parameters (laptop number etc.), should also work

BiggieShady, Sep 20, 2022
  3. HTML input field rendering error

There is a serious browser bug that exists on Nokia phones - at least the 2610 and the 1680c. It prevents you from viewing and submitting an HTML form correctly.

PHP code is provided below to perform your own test.

BUG DESCRIPTION:

1. Fetch URL (GET) containing a simple HTML form, with an text element. The text field is empty.

2. Type text into the input field

3. Press 'Send' – this sends a POST message to the server.

4. The resultant page shows the typed text in the field. This is because the server application copies the POSTed parameter into the input field.

5. As in step 1, re-load the URL using GET (for example, use Go to Address / History and select the original URL)

6. The resultant page, from the result of the GET request, shows the last POSTed data instead of a blank field. THIS IS AN ERROR. If the form contains text in the input field, it is also ignored, and the last POSTed data is also shown.

Step 6 is the problem. This bug exists on Nokia 1680c (V 05.61, code 0560295) and Nokia 2610 (V 06.73, code 0540015). On all normal desktop browsers (IE, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Chrome), it works correctly.

PHP test code

-------------

<?php

$n = htmlentities($_POST['n']);

$h = "<html>

<head>

<title>Test browser bug on Nokia 1680c and Nokia 2610</title>

</head>

<body>

<form action='noktest.php' method='post' name='tf'>

<input type='text' name='n' value='$n' />

<input type='submit' value='Send' />

</form>

</body>

</html>";

header("Cache-Control: no-cache") ;

header("Cache-Control: max-age=0") ;

header("Expires: 0") ;

header("Pragma: no-cache") ;

echo $h;

?>

You may omit the header() lines and try different DOCTYPEs, but the result is the same.

I have written a letter to Nokia drawing their attention to this crippling bug.

The bug means that I cannot use Nokia phones for my web-based business. I'm sure that I'm not the only one.

Message Edited by on 10-Dec-2008 07:20 PM

macmaclaren, Sep 20, 2022
  4. Brink Win User

Microsoft announces 100% integration of Office.com and Microsoft Forms

Source: Start Forms journey from office.com - Microsoft Tech Community - 369912

Brink, Sep 20, 2022
Thema:

1. HTML form with fields & values: issue when copying into Microsoft Word - Similar Threads - HTML form fields

2. Word Forms to PDF Fillable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word Forms to PDF Fillable: Hello, i am wanting to move away from paper based forms to online digital forms that can be filled out on a laptop or phone by using a PDF.For example: I have an employee information form and i have made it a fillable word document but wanting to make it a fillable PDF, Where...
  3. Word Forms to PDF Fillable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Word Forms to PDF Fillable: Hello, i am wanting to move away from paper based forms to online digital forms that can be filled out on a laptop or phone by using a PDF.For example: I have an employee information form and i have made it a fillable word document but wanting to make it a fillable PDF, Where...
  4. HTML form with fields & values: issue when copying into Microsoft Word

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HTML form with fields & values: issue when copying into Microsoft Word: I have an issue when I copy a HTML form from the Web and paste it into Microsoft Word. When I try to paste it, the form fields don't appear in Word, neither the fields, nor the values. The field appears like a box with a red "x" inside.In other PCs, I don´t have this problem....
  5. HTML form with fields & values: issue when copying into Microsoft Word

in Windows 10 Customization
    HTML form with fields & values: issue when copying into Microsoft Word: I have an issue when I copy a HTML form from the Web and paste it into Microsoft Word. When I try to paste it, the form fields don't appear in Word, neither the fields, nor the values. The field appears like a box with a red "x" inside.In other PCs, I don´t have this problem....
  6. What do the hex values in the "Issue by" field for certificates mean

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What do the hex values in the "Issue by" field for certificates mean: I was messing around with the MMC consoles and certificates when I came across a couple of "issued by" fields that had hex values in them i.e. 5cf27d8b-5547-420f-b20c-9460ca291bdd. What do the hex values mean and is there a reason why a certificate would use a hex value as in...
  7. What do the hex values in the "Issue by" field for certificates mean

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What do the hex values in the "Issue by" field for certificates mean: I was messing around with the MMC consoles and certificates when I came across a couple of "issued by" fields that had hex values in them i.e. 5cf27d8b-5547-420f-b20c-9460ca291bdd. What do the hex values mean and is there a reason why a certificate would use a hex value as in...
  8. What do the hex values in the "Issue by" field for certificates mean

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Word form autofill help

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word form autofill help: Hello! ive made an app for use in my job. The output sends an email with information, but the information is just picked up from the Database within the app so it is not "presentable" ill give an example of the output here: Name: Testing Tester Snow 1-4 cm: Snow above 4 cm...
  10. Copy Word Heading number into text value of heading

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Copy Word Heading number into text value of heading: I have a Word doc with heading styles. When I import this document into a database the heading numbers are lost and I just get the heading text. I want to copy the heading numbers so they are duplicated as static text at the beginning of the heading so that when I import...