Windows 10: HTML5 connectivity speed much lower then net speed

Discus and support HTML5 connectivity speed much lower then net speed in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I have this nasty issue and would like a solution or suggestions 1 desktop 3 laptops on the same network. Network speed download 6Mb (not much but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JanZ, Sep 30, 2016.

1. JanZ Win User

HTML5 connectivity speed much lower then net speed

Hi I have this nasty issue and would like a solution or suggestions
    1 desktop 3 laptops on the same network. Network speed download 6Mb (not much but stable HTML5 connectivity speed much lower then net speed :))
    desktop and 2 laptops on windows 10. 1 Laptop on windows 7. All pcs are fully updated including drivers etc.

Playing youtube with HTML5 (on all pcs) on the windows 7 no issue (buffer fills up to 100 seconds and higher connection speed shows 6Mb) . on all windows 10 machines youtube html5 buffers load maybe 5 to 10 secs then empties waits and then loads again a few seconds. Connection speeds varies between 800k and 1.2MB (so way under the network speed). In the task manager I can see that the net speed doesn't change and has plenty of bandwidth to support the stream.

I took one of the windows 10 laptops to an other location with a 100Mb network and this same laptop now streams YouTube without any issues. But also with a reduced connection speed for the HTML5.

How do I solve this at home. How can I let the windows give the full network speed to the application as it does in windows 7???
    I looked every where but can't find an answer......? All suggestion thoughts, pointers welcome.

Thanks

Ps. I did contact Microsoft on this and all they can come up with is update your drivers, clear your cache and their standard list all done up to a full repair but of course no success

ps2. Netflix plays fine If I use the app. Some other applications stream fine as well others show the same issue like YouTube (like MSN etc)

ps3. Used different browsers edge, chrome exactly the same issues

:)

2. HandyR Win User

Wifi connectivity issues

It is not too much speed for your Lumia. If your Lumia is not fast enought to reach the full speed it would only donload with lower speed but it would work. There are many different reasons for wifi connection problems.

As I understood you are connected to wifi but not able to connect to the internet, right? Are other devices in this wifi network are able to use internet?

HandyR, Sep 30, 2016
  3. Zandbj Win User
    Streaming videos (like youtube)

Patricia when you read my issue you can see that I already contacted MS

"Ps. I did contact Microsoft on this 3 times and all they can come up with is update your drivers, clear your cache and their standard list of cleanups and fixes. All done up to a full repair but no success!"

Even a full repair (3.3Gb file) what also resets and reloads the drivers etc etc. That didn't help.

So no step closer to the solution. The network (6MB download) works fine so are the connections with the network as well wireless as on a wire. Again I can stream Netflix without a problem as long as I'm using the app!

I'm almost sure that it has something to do with the way windows 10 works with HTML5 and the bandwidth restriction it seems to create. (connection speed (Stats for nerts in HTML5) is much lower then my bandwidth.

This is causing the issue at a 6MB network and streams fine at a 100MB network.

In windows 7 where all streams fine the restriction is not there and my connection speed = bandwidth.

Can you explain....?

Zandbj, Sep 30, 2016
Thema:

HTML5 connectivity speed much lower then net speed

1. HTML5 connectivity speed much lower then net speed - Similar Threads - HTML5 connectivity speed

2. Lower SSD speeds due to modern connected standby

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lower SSD speeds due to modern connected standby: Hi all,I've recently added my second SSD Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB in my Acer SFX14-41G. To my supprise the random read and writes 4KiB 32 Queues 16 Threads didn't match the advertised speeds or come remotely close. I've been trying to figure out what exactly is causing this,...
  3. Lower SSD speeds due to modern connected standby

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lower SSD speeds due to modern connected standby: Hi all,I've recently added my second SSD Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB in my Acer SFX14-41G. To my supprise the random read and writes 4KiB 32 Queues 16 Threads didn't match the advertised speeds or come remotely close. I've been trying to figure out what exactly is causing this,...
  4. DL speed lower than UL speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DL speed lower than UL speed: I am using a 5Ghz wifi router and my upload speed is twice as fast as my download speeds on my HP laptop. But on my desktop which also uses the same wifi signal get's the proper download speed.I have reset my adapter.I have tried the cmd commandsnetsh winsock reset - and...
  5. DL speed lower than UL speed

DL speed lower than UL speed: I am using a 5Ghz wifi router and my upload speed is twice as fast as my download speeds on my HP laptop. But on my desktop which also uses the same wifi signal get's the proper download speed.I have reset my adapter.I have tried the cmd commandsnetsh winsock reset - and...
  6. DL speed lower than UL speed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Why is the speed lower then my base speed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the speed lower then my base speed?: It's 0.11 lower, can I overvolt it back to 1.90?Win11 Pro for Workstations 22000.376 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-the-speed-lower-then-my-base-speed/f1c7c04c-88b1-4005-8444-21249a88babd
  8. Why is the speed lower then my base speed?

Why is the speed lower then my base speed?: It's 0.11 lower, can I overvolt it back to 1.90?Win11 Pro for Workstations 22000.376 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-the-speed-lower-then-my-base-speed/f1c7c04c-88b1-4005-8444-21249a88babd
  9. Actual download speed in Microsoft Store much lower than measured download speed

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Actual download speed in Microsoft Store much lower than measured download speed: Why is the download speed in Microsoft Store so much lower than the download speed I'm measuring on speedtest.net? Evidence in this screenshot below: [ATTACH] I'm not using the internet on any other program, so it's not because of that. Microsoft Store just seems to be...
  10. Net speed meter.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Net speed meter.: How can I monitor my internet speed without installing any software? I may know Windows game bar has this feature. If it really available, how can I use it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/net-speed-meter/1ef64e1d-e209-4f47-babc-19d25d336090