Windows 10: HTML5 Videos won't play

Discus and support HTML5 Videos won't play in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; All HTML video won't play. They buffer and I can skip to different frames but never will it play. Youtube/Reddit/Facebook. Chrome & Firefox. Restarted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/peep_peep, Dec 14, 2019.

1. HTML5 Videos won't play

All HTML video won't play. They buffer and I can skip to different frames but never will it play. Youtube/Reddit/Facebook. Chrome & Firefox.

Restarted router, latest Windows updates, updated graphics driver, restarted PC several times, CCleaned PC

Windows Build 1909

Thanks in advance

submitted by /u/peep_peep
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/peep_peep, Dec 14, 2019
  2. MacDiiddy Win User

HTML5 Videos do not play

Youtube videos play fine, however HTML5 videos do not play. I have tried Edge, Chrome and Firefox, The player loads but I do not get any picture.

It was working fine on windows 7, now that I upgraded to 10 I can not get these web videos to play.

MacDiiddy, Dec 14, 2019
  3. HTML5 <video> does not play in IE11 from localhost

Hello geeks,

I am having problem playing mp4 files in Internet Explorer 11 v11.0.10240.17202, I am running on Windows 10 Enterprise, Version 10.0 (Build: 10240)

I installed XAMPP in my PC. Added a html file in htdocs with the following code:

<!DOCTYPE html>

<html>

<body>

<video controls>

<source src="http://localhost/videos/big_buck_bunny.mp4" type="video/mp4" preload="auto">

<p>Your browser does not support H.264/MP4.</p>

</video>

<video controls>

<source src="https://www.quirksmode.org/html5/videos/big_buck_bunny.mp4" type="video/mp4" preload="auto">

<p>Your browser does not support H.264/MP4.</p>

</video>

</body>

</html>

I tried with IIS, ensured that MIME Type mp4 is already there in the list.

If I run this page in FF or Chrome then it play both video without any issue. If I put the URL: "http://localhost/videos/big_buck_bunny.mp4" in IE11 address bar then the video is played in windows media player.

In my IE11, first video does NOT play (src location is correct), but second video plays whereas both are same video.

I checked YouTube page and found that my IE supports

• HTMLVideoElement

• H.264

• Media Source Extensions

• MSE & H.264
    In my apache, I added following lines Under <IfModule mime_module>

AddType video/ogg .ogv

AddType video/mp4 .mp4

AddType video/webm .webm

I also installed "Media Feature Pack for N and KN versions of Windows 10" in my PC

For the first video IE says "Invalid Source"

Any help please to fix it.

Thanks

RafiqulIslam4m, Dec 14, 2019
  4. traott Win User

HTML5 Videos won't play

Stream flash or html5 videos to TV

With Windows 8.1 while watch a flash or HTML5 video I could open the charms bar select Devices->Play To->(My TV) and watch the video on my TV.

After my upgrade to Windows 10 I still see my TV in the Play devices list, but when I select Connect from the action center it does not find the TV. The TV is connected to my network by cable and not using WiFi.

How do I get the Flash or HTML5 video from Edge/IE/Chrome/etc. to play on my TV like I did in Windows 8.1?

traott, Dec 14, 2019
Thema:

HTML5 Videos won't play

1. HTML5 Videos won't play - Similar Threads - HTML5 Videos won't

2. Video Files Won't Play

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video Files Won't Play: I have some MP4 videos that won't play. I get this message when I try to open them:This file isn't playable. That might be because the file type is unsupported, the file extension is incorrect, or the file is corrupt. 0xc00d36c4I don't know what else to do. I've tried...
  3. Unable to play many HTML5 videos in Windows 10 - MEDIA_ERR_SRC_NOT_SUPPORTED

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to play many HTML5 videos in Windows 10 - MEDIA_ERR_SRC_NOT_SUPPORTED: I recently updated Windows 10 to the latest release 20H2, along with several updates which had been pending for a while. This included the update to remove Adobe Flash player, which I suspect may be what triggered this issue. Ever since then, many videos will not play in any...
  4. Browsers Won't Play Video

in Browsers and Email
    Browsers Won't Play Video: A Dell Optiplex 760 with 4GB of RAM (Acer AX1430G-UW30P), AMD E-450 APU processor. Tower was recently upgraded to W10 from W7. It currently has Chrome (default), Firefox and Edge. Subscribed to MrFood.com to receive recipes. Most of the recipes have an accompanying 2 minute...
  5. Won't play YouTube video

in Windows 10 Customization
    Won't play YouTube video: we set up restrictions when purchased the laptop. how do we now release the restrictions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wont-play-youtube-video/141a4a2f-5518-4d70-aafb-c06e593bbaa7
  6. HTML5

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HTML5: I play a Facebook game that requires HTML5. I would like to know how to install it if it's not too much trouble https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/html5/e5c3b655-a453-47ca-af44-0daf380662b8
  7. Video file won't play

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Video file won't play: Hello all, I recently transferred some video files from a jump drive. 4 of 5 are working perfectly however, one video will not play. Attached is a screenshot of the files. The one that will not play is showing an MPEG image instead if the preview picture. All files are mp4...
  8. Video's won't play

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video's won't play: After Windows 10 upgrade I can't play video's now. There seems to be some type of conflict with Google. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/videos-wont-play/4c3b181a-3f60-4b54-ba09-506eeb796575
  9. HTML5 Video and Audio Options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HTML5 Video and Audio Options: Hi, I am pretty knowledgable when it comes to web design. I am actually trying to create an HTML5 video and audio player that does not need me to specify the source, rather it can read from a directory and display the contents of the directory based upon embedded metadata....
  10. YouTube now defaults to HTML5 video

in Windows 10 News
    YouTube now defaults to HTML5 video: Four years ago, we wrote about YouTube’s early support for the HTML5 <video> tag and how it performed compared to Flash. At the time, there were limitations that held it back from becoming our preferred platform for video delivery. Most critically, HTML5 lacked support for...