Windows 10: HTTP on my Win10 machine only?

Discus and support HTTP on my Win10 machine only? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I'm considering opening a website development section, a test-bed of sorts, on my Win10 machine, which is limited to my machine and does not connect to... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by stub, Mar 11, 2019.

1. stub Win User

HTTP on my Win10 machine only?

I'm considering opening a website development section, a test-bed of sorts, on my Win10 machine, which is limited to my machine and does not connect to the WWW, and is only accessible from my machine. Is this doable? How easy it it to setup? Are there any easy-to-follow guidelines for setting this up?

:)

2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Mar 11, 2019
  3. rau1 Win User
    Buy and Install Win10 on Existing Machine

I have been given a discarded laptop (Lenovo Thinkpad). There is an installation of some software on it - I'm not sure what - and in any case I have neither a logon nor licence for that software.

The manufacturer site says the machine supports Win10.

I want to obtain Win10 Media so that I can load Win10 onto this machine, discarding in the process whatever software and data is on the laptop. Of course, I expect to pay for Win10 software in this scenario.

What are the key steps including:

- What are the options to acquire Win10 software (on suitable media) and licence?

- How do I get this onto the machine.

Is the process any different if I first remove the Laptop C: drive and replace it with an SSD?

Note: I have another computer (Win7) with internet access which I can use if required (eg. to download Win 10 if that is the right approach).

Thanks

4. wishihad Win User

Activation options for Win10 with instant clones

We have a secure (no internet access) lab environment setup to test and validate a VMWare VDI deployment of Win10 clients.

Our issue is activation of the Win10 clients as they require re-activation every time we logoff and back on because we are using instant clones.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to resolve this? Here are the options we are considering and issues as we understand them:

• Setup a KMS server
      • Requires a Volume license, which is doable
      • Documentation says we must have a minimum of 25 hosts, we don' have that in our lab
    • Use our MSDN account
      • No support for Win10 KMS license
      • No support for MKS activation
    • Manually activate each time
      • Gonna spend a lot of time on the phone HTTP on my Win10 machine only? :(
      • Win10 has no grace period so machines are crippled w/o activation
    Anyone have a thought or suggestions? I'm hoping I missed something.

Thanks

wishihad, Mar 11, 2019
Thema:

1. HTTP on my Win10 machine only? - Similar Threads - HTTP Win10 machine

2. Broken Machine, Is Recovery My Only Option?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Broken Machine, Is Recovery My Only Option?: My computer was forced to undergo an update while I was asleep. Before this past weekend every game and program worker perfectly on my machine. I turn it on Saturday, and now nothing works. Attempting further updates had no result on a fix. Attempting to uninstall the latest...
  3. Installing Win10 on new machine

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing Win10 on new machine: Hey everyone, I'm selling a PC and am looking to install Windows on it for the new user. I have my own system with an ISO for Windows 10, as well as a blank 1TB hard drive intended for the PC being sold. I'm not entirely sure how to install the ISO on the blank hard drive so...
  4. Win10 and virtual machines

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 and virtual machines: Is windows 10 home able to run virtual machines like “vm ware player” or do i need the pro version? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-and-virtual-machines/2508a1ce-c3aa-4ad1-89cd-4e9ec25144be
  5. New Win10 Machine Can Only See Two of Three Other Machines on Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New Win10 Machine Can Only See Two of Three Other Machines on Network: I have a 3 machine Homegroup network consisting of one Win7 and two Win10's, and 1 network printer. All 3 machines can see everything on the other two machines and the printer. All 3 machines, and the new machine, are on the same WiFi network. I'm trying to add a new Win10...
  6. New Win10 Machine Can Only See Two of Three Other Machines on Network

New Win10 Machine Can Only See Two of Three Other Machines on Network: I have a 3 machine Homegroup network consisting of one Win7 and two Win10's, and 1 network printer. All 3 machines can see everything on the other two machines and the printer. All 3 machines, and the new machine, are on the same WiFi network. I'm trying to add a new Win10...
  7. HTTP on my Win10 machine only?

in Windows 10 Support
    HTTP on my Win10 machine only?: I'm considering opening a website development section, a test-bed of sorts, on my Win10 machine, which is limited to my machine and does not connect to the WWW, and is only accessible from my machine. Is this doable? How easy it it to setup? Are there any easy-to-follow...
  8. Red Crosses on all mapped drives - Only on Win10-1809 machines

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Red Crosses on all mapped drives - Only on Win10-1809 machines: Every machine within our trust that has upgraded to windows 10 1089 now has issues with drives maps having red crosses on them. They are connected as in if you click the drive the connection is restored and the red cross goes away. However we use Sims in our schools and this...
  9. My machine is recognising only itself.No other machine in network.

My machine is recognising only itself.No other machine in network.: I have written before and my question was answered.But it made same problem again.I Have done all which was said me.But it doesn't work now.My machine is recognising only itself.No other machine in network. Sincerely ! Mursit Hakan Cil...
  10. win10 not free for oem machines

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win10 not free for oem machines: Hi, I have lost many hours trying to get out of a mess that quite frankly I blame Microsoft for. If they have said the Win10 will not be free for oem version of a previous os, I didn't find that. My ACER laptop was slowing down, I do a reinstall of win7 every year or so,...