Windows 10: HUGE ask. Help creating the regfile to end all regfiles

Discus and support HUGE ask. Help creating the regfile to end all regfiles in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Yea, im old. kids have abused my psyche. I cant wrap my head around this one. I was working on this earlier today Code:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by klepp0906, Mar 15, 2020.

1. klepp0906 Win User

HUGE ask. Help creating the regfile to end all regfiles

Yea, im old. kids have abused my psyche. I cant wrap my head around this one.

I was working on this earlier today

Code:
    It works except it doesnt. It seems the command needs to be ran elevated. it appears this can be worked around by using the runas key, which would be a small adjustment to make (if that is in fact the case)

however, I want to take it one step further as this would clutter up my context menu with multiple entries surrounding the same area of operation so to speak.

@Brink had done some work for a fellow that is in the same vein of what im trying to accomplish here Add Reset Permissions to Context Menu in Windows

Im looking to have a context menu simply called Ownership that fly's out and includes the same Take Ownership we all know and love, followed by Restore Ownership which flies out into the two entries I indicated at the beginning of my post. Restore to SYSTEM and Restore to TrustedInstaller.

Where this becomes extra sketchy for me is the (assumed?) requirement of the runas key to get those restore ownership commands to work elevated. Unless theres another means? Either way this surpasses my rudimentary acumen at this point.

anyone able to bring my dream into a reality, or get those commands to run elevated without using runas and then I think I can slowly muscle something together by looking at examples? lol.

:)

klepp0906, Mar 15, 2020
  2. Ethelwulf Win User

Having the same problem - tried everything I can find

Well nothing is working for me I cant delete Files or folders and I didnot upgrade from any windows

tried steps 1 though 13 that did not work did the howtogeek regfile still no Luck

the only thing that is working is Unlocker Funny

Ethelwulf, Mar 15, 2020
  3. Mattew24 Win User
    Change the default action for .reg files

In Windows 10 when you right click on a ".reg" (registry) file the default action is "Merge" (in bold).

I would like to set "Edit" as the default action because in my opinion I brelieve that it's more safe.

In Windows XP I've used with success these keys:

1) set "Edit" as the default action

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\regfile\shell]

""="edit"

2) restore "Merge" as the default action

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\regfile\shell]

@=""

but I think that this method doesn't work in Windows 10.

Some help?

Mattew24, Mar 15, 2020
  4. HUGE ask. Help creating the regfile to end all regfiles

Where are 'Favorites' and 'Recent places' in file explorer?

Just solved this problem of the automatic unchecking of the show files option, which these other links did not fix by themselves.

You need to have the SETTINGS->PERSONALIZATION->Start->"Show Recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar set to ON!

Then the #12 regfile changes work (or just changed manually)

Hope this helps!

G._

GreggShort, Mar 15, 2020
Thema:

HUGE ask. Help creating the regfile to end all regfiles

1. HUGE ask. Help creating the regfile to end all regfiles - Similar Threads - HUGE ask Help

2. Again asking for help on touchpad issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Again asking for help on touchpad issue: my touch pad is still not working no settings found in my device manager/control panel regarding any was of enable two finger scroll or gestures. plzzz help i dont know what to do : i literally just bought this laptop not too long ago and im already having problems the...
  3. HELP, LAPTOP NOT WORKING AFTER TASK ENDED

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HELP, LAPTOP NOT WORKING AFTER TASK ENDED: Hello, yesterday I was using my laptop then when I was using Messenger, it said "No More Memory, please end a task" and so I looked at the taskbar and most of it was an app from system32 called "audiodg.exe" I then proceeded to end it and then I Shut it Down. After that, when...
  4. people asking for help

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    people asking for help: Don't get me wrong the help is there so organised the Moderators are Geniuses totally Volunteers . However what the Hell do some people click onto.? Unless you are going on the Dark Web or obviously dangerous sites with Windows Security you should not be compromised in that...
  5. .puma at the end all of my files

.puma at the end all of my files: Hello guys.i have a big issue at the end all my file has a .puma that make the file Doesnt work at all i scan full my pc with any antivirus but its doesnt work plz guys help me * Moved from Windows 10/Security...
  6. .puma at the end all of my files

.puma at the end all of my files: Hello guys.i have a big issue at the end all my file has a .puma that make the file Doesnt work at all i scan full my pc with any antivirus but its doesnt work plz guys help me...
  7. Have a huge audio problem, need help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Have a huge audio problem, need help: Hello everyone. I have a massive audio problem. Im using a HP pavilion laptop which has a integrated audio device. However, one day the audio stopped. The audio service is not running and no audio device is detectable. Heres whats i first stumbled upon: [ATTACH]...
  8. Huge pagefile

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Huge pagefile: In the recent past I had to overcome unexplained OS size fluctuations. Then yesterday I got one of those dreaded popups saying I was low on space. I discovered that I had a 16 gb pagefile. Never seen anything like this. My OS partition is 40 gb (on a ssd), with 16 gb ram,...
  9. Asking for Help on Customizing Font

in Windows 10 Customization
    Asking for Help on Customizing Font: Hello all! I have no technical knowledge of computer. On XP, as far as I can remember, I edited a file, which I now can't remember, in the program "Restorator" and changed the font size as befitted my needs. In Windows 7, I think I had no serious problem concerning the size...
  10. Help to delete a huge amount of folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Help to delete a huge amount of folders: Hello Guys, So i was trying to install a new language on my laptop. and i downloaded the language file which is a RAR folder then i extracted it directly to OS(C*Smile the problem is i got a super huge amount of folders and files extracted there almost 12000 folders or...