Windows 10: Huge "cache" file, is it safe to delete?

Discus and support Huge "cache" file, is it safe to delete? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I ran a CCleaner scan this morning and there is a 30 gig file that I sure am not using. Heres a snip of it: [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Coulton Manning, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Huge "cache" file, is it safe to delete?

I ran a CCleaner scan this morning and there is a 30 gig file that I sure am not using.

Heres a snip of it:

Huge "cache" file, is it safe to delete? f43b31db-5903-448f-9fdf-b0447e4e9c8e?upload=true.png

:)

Coulton Manning, Mar 30, 2020
  2. temp02 Win User

Can I delete this unknown file safely?

Well then simply erase (Shift + Del) the $RECYCLE.BIN folder of that drive, I just find it odd that Windows doesn't pick up the drive's recycle bin when you connect it.
    And yes it's completely safe to delete the whole $RECYCLE.BIN folder, it wont affect any of the other files/folders on the drive, and whenever you delete (Del) another file it will be re-created.

temp02, Mar 30, 2020
  3. Tommygunn Win User
    Can I delete this unknown file safely?

I'm currently tidying up my external Western Digital HD and I ran Treesize to see where everything is.
    I came upon the highlighted file and sub files, below, which is hidden, but I wish to get rid of it as it contains 20Gb of data.
    It contains files, such as films, which I had previously deleted and which I thought had gone but which appear to have gone to some hidden deleted file.
    I presume it would be safe to delete this whole file and sub file via the Treesize application without it affecting all the stuff I want kept on the HD?

Tom.

Huge "cache" file, is it safe to delete? HDUsage.jpg

Tommygunn, Mar 30, 2020
  4. Jan Del Win User

Huge "cache" file, is it safe to delete?

Windows Store Broken - Windows Store cache may be damaged

Hi,

Since you already run wsreset.exe, We suggest clearing/deleting the local cache by following these steps:

• Run Command.
    • Click Users.
    • Select the username that you're using to login on the computer.
    • Click AppData.
    • Select Local.
    • Click on Packages.
    • Select on Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe.
    • Click on LocalCache.
    • Delete all files and folders.
    • After you have deleted cache try to open Windows App Store again.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

Huge "cache" file, is it safe to delete?

1. Huge "cache" file, is it safe to delete? - Similar Threads - Huge cache file

2. Is this folder safe to delete .openjfx, .cache & Package Cache

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is this folder safe to delete .openjfx, .cache & Package Cache: Hi, these file has just randomly started showing up on my C:/Users/My Name. I have no idea what this folder is and it was created 22 Feb 2023. Along with the .cache folder which is in the same place, this has a folder inside of it called fontconfig, i just want to know if...
  3. Is this folder safe to delete .openjfx, .cache & Package Cache

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is this folder safe to delete .openjfx, .cache & Package Cache: Hi, these file has just randomly started showing up on my C:/Users/My Name. I have no idea what this folder is and it was created 22 Feb 2023. Along with the .cache folder which is in the same place, this has a folder inside of it called fontconfig, i just want to know if...
  4. Is this folder safe to delete .openjfx, .cache & Package Cache

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't delete huge file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete huge file: I have a game file that is 118gb that I need to delete, however when I try to uninstall it the error "Windows cannot find 'filename'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again." comes up. I've tried looking in file explorer for the file but it doesnt show up...
  6. Can't delete huge file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't delete huge file: I have a game file that is 118gb that I need to delete, however when I try to uninstall it the error "Windows cannot find 'filename'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again." comes up. I've tried looking in file explorer for the file but it doesnt show up...
  7. Is it safe to delete files in c:\programdata\package cache and c:\windows\softwaredistribution

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it safe to delete files in c:\programdata\package cache and c:\windows\softwaredistribution: Hi, Need some technical help and advise, is it safe to delete files both in "c:\programdata\package cache and c:\windows\softwaredistribution"? Will it post any technical problem after deletion? Example Windows OS corrupted?...
  8. Huge font cache folder - safe to delete?

in Windows 10 Support
    Huge font cache folder - safe to delete?: I have Windows 10 version 1909 (OS Build 18363.1016). While doing analysis for huge folders and files in C drive I came across font cache folder. It is occupying a whopping 11.7 GB space. Can I safely delete this folder without causing any trouble? [img] 162569
  9. My cache is huge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My cache is huge: My cache located C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Caches is over 400gbs big, can I delete it or will my computer explode if I do?...
  10. Can I Safely Delete These Files in the Windows Installer Cache?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I Safely Delete These Files in the Windows Installer Cache?: I just reinstalled Office 2010 and all 50 updates since Service Pack 2. Wise Disk Cleaner finds 1GB of Office 2010 related files in the Windows Installer Cache in several folders under C:\Windows\Installer\$PatchCache$\Managed\00004119110000000000000000F01FEC\ Windows Disk...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i delete the driverx shader cache on my hp laptop

2. what is directx shader cache

3. download directx shader cach